Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Note 10 has 1308 nits.
3879 14 2019-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.zdnet.com/article/displaymate-report-samsung-galaxy-note-10-plus-achieves-13-display-performance-records/

I'm not sure if I should keep or return the M2P and Smart Controller combo.  Everything is perfect of course as shown in my pictures and clips but in the future, the battery would need to be changed as all batteries degrade after a year of use.  The M2P doesn't seem so worth it to me and the jobs just don't come anymore because everyone keeps joining the job field.  

Also, I got the Smart Controller not just for the display but for the range.  Unfortunately, the range is less than with the Standard Controller.

I would miss the M2P and if I have future jobs the quality wouldn't be as good so I'm still undecided but have until August 22 to return it for a full refund.

I pretty much like to fly every day but the Sharpness at long-range just isn't there compared to the P4PV2.0.  The colors of the P4PV2.0 do not pop as they do with the M2P but if I do not have any commercial work, I cannot really afford to keep the drone.

The setup time is incredibly faster with the M2P SC combo than any other method unless you have the controller on the Smartphone already attached then it's the same.  The HD screen quality is immaculate.  They've paired the M2 setup with the SC to be 100% perfect pixel for pixel.

I've never really had any serious issues w/ the Standard controller.  The P4PV2.0 cannot go out as far without issues.

You just cannot get good nighttime photos as you can w/ the M2P but if you cannot get any commercial work it's kind of a waste to have.

Also, on the Standard Controller, you get a lot more telemetry than you do with the Standard.  You get RPM and other things.
2019-8-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the problem with the note is it is OLED/AMOLED display which means running it that hard at peak brightness will wear it out faster and also increases the rate/risk of screenburn on static HUD element.. samsung has a tendency to push their own displays to the limit and in my experience they get burn in from it.

i say keep ur smart controller, prob better to have a dedicated device for flying anyway..
2019-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-13 16:21
the problem with the note is it is OLED/AMOLED display which means running it that hard at peak brightness will wear it out faster and also increases the rate/risk of screenburn on static HUD element.. samsung has a tendency to push their own displays to the limit and in my experience they get burn in from it.

i say keep ur smart controller, prob better to have a dedicated device for flying anyway..

I'm on the AT&T next plan so I get a new one every year.

It would be great to have in the winter though with the HDR processing.  The great thing is with the Mavic 2's, they feel pretty much problem-free.  You can send it off w/o worrying if it will crash out of the sky or fly away.

The P4PV2.0 takes a while to setup but isn't too problematic.

I was having a lot of jobs pop up and old clients hire me but even the ones that liked my work don't even hire me anymore.

With the Smart Controller, I never have a problem with being able to see the screen.  I don't need to duck under a shade.  With the Note 10, I need to because I can't really see.
2019-8-13
Use props
dv8ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

it can’t stay at 1308 nits for a very long time it will start to decrease once it gets too hot
2019-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dv8ed Posted at 8-13 20:12
it can’t stay at 1308 nits for a very long time it will start to decrease once it gets too hot

oh yeah, I forgot about that

I might keep it now.  I was under very bright conditions when I did some M2P Beach Panos but it didn't bother me much.

The P4PV2.0 is very very dark and have trouble many times.  The ultimate test is to get some sort of massive range increase but I do not have a Beta firmware to find out.  I get 4MBps when it's 3 feet away.
2019-8-13
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Sorry to read that your business is going slow these days.  That is very unfortunate.  The SC is really terrific in generally requiring less setup time and complications.
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is a seriously bright screen
2019-8-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-15 01:02
That is a seriously bright screen

If the cooling isn't there, it obviously will not last.  They need to somehow make it where it has an IHS you can attach a heatsink/heatpipe outer case and fan to for better cooling.  Having a thin rubber case for some grip Always makes it where I cannot charge my phone on my e-bike in the summer sun heat.  Cannot charge, overheating, beep beep, etc.
2019-8-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-15 08:33
If the cooling isn't there, it obviously will not last.  They need to somehow make it where it has an IHS you can attach a heatsink/heatpipe outer case and fan to for better cooling.  Having a thin rubber case for some grip Always makes it where I cannot charge my phone on my e-bike in the summer sun heat.  Cannot charge, overheating, beep beep, etc.

i mean if your looking into getting a note 10, you dont have to run it 100% balls the time wall brightness either, you can set it so bright enough to easily see outside without shade, then stop increase the brightness..   that at least  prolong the mount of time before it kicks back to cool off..

personally seeing as you can buy a note 8 for $250-$300 gently used on ebay, personally if i was in the market for a new phone to fly with i just do that, and actually im considering i.. since the note 8 my friend was going to sell m as dedicated flight device fell threw...

2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you should go with your gut here and judging from your post you are leaning towards returning the unit for a refund, which might work out better for you to rebuy the standard Mavic 2 Pro with controller?? If you're not able to achieve the income to compensate you for the added expense then the cost-benefit analysis also points to returning the unit because justifying the cost is simply not there for you? I didn't want to go with the Smart Controller on my Mavic 2 Zoom purely for the lack and loss of telemetry data that I find crucial on the standard controller and frankly in my opinion I think the connectivity strength will be stronger on the standard controller because of the telemetry connection where you know the relation of the drone even while there's no FPV. On the Smart Controller if you lose FPV you lose telemetry and I'd believe the RC would lose whatever residual connection that's left to control the drone whereas on the standard controller you tend to hang on to a moresal of connectivity that gives me the sanity check I need while flying..
2019-8-15
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

1308 is peak brightness. Highest average screen brightness is 790 nits, or less than the smart controller.
2019-8-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-15 09:20
I think you should go with your gut here and judging from your post you are leaning towards returning the unit for a refund, which might work out better for you to rebuy the standard Mavic 2 Pro with controller?? If you're not able to achieve the income to compensate you for the added expense then the cost-benefit analysis also points to returning the unit because justifying the cost is simply not there for you? I didn't want to go with the Smart Controller on my Mavic 2 Zoom purely for the lack and loss of telemetry data that I find crucial on the standard controller and frankly in my opinion I think the connectivity strength will be stronger on the standard controller because of the telemetry connection where you know the relation of the drone even while there's no FPV. On the Smart Controller if you lose FPV you lose telemetry and I'd believe the RC would lose whatever residual connection that's left to control the drone whereas on the standard controller you tend to hang on to a moresal of connectivity that gives me the sanity check I need while flying..

It's a big discount for having both.  I have no issues ducking under the shade like w/ the standard controller.  I don't even use the telemetry anyway.

Using the Smart Controller makes the M2Z a joy to fly.  The pixels are perfect in HD.  It was most likely why I could film it so good.  With the Standard controller, it's very hard to see so at times, you cannot orbit properly most of the time like a POI manually because of the darkness level.
2019-8-15
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Precisely why I never got the smart controller for my mavic 2 because my s9 plus does / 1100 nits you have to be an automatic brightness and yes it won't stay like that all day but it does last a flight! My opinion if you already have a Galaxy Device or a note you are golden!!! No need for that expensive smart controller.... In tech life it's already old technology especially the processor....shoot the new Snapdragon 855 sure does make the go 4 app super smooth! Anyway  I also use a one plus 7 pro
2019-8-15
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

dancopter Posted at 8-15 09:28
1308 is peak brightness. Highest average screen brightness is 790 nits, or less than the smart controller.

Nah if u go to display mate and read those charts you will actually have a higher sustained peak brightness if you have your automatic brightness on trust me the note 10 will be awesome especially if the s9 and the s9 plus have no probs....even my OnePlus 7 pro is bright outside and I have no problem seeing it I can't say that for my iPad which I very much love to fly with it is a 2018 iPad but the brightness is just not great I have to use one of those sun boxes
2019-8-15
Use props
MAcroS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12467 ft

Russia

Hello everyone! Sorry to barge in the topic, but as far you speaking about Samsung Note 10 I have a question.

Thinking of buying Note 10 Plus I cannot help but wonder - will it fit into standard Mavic 2 remote holder?
After all - it is kind of big phone!

Is anyone tried it yet?
2019-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules