Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What does max altitude mean?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nico
Netherlands

It might sound like a silly question, but if I set the max altitude of the Phantom 3 what is meant by that?
Is it the altitude above sea level or the altitude above the homepoint/controller?

Because if it's the altitude above sea level the Phantom 3 is useless in mountainous areas.

2015-6-8
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.4

Australia

Altitude is always above ground level (where the P3 took off from, or it's "Home Point").  So setting it to 500 feet will only allow it to fly 500 feet above where it took off from.
2015-6-8
Use props
Nico
Netherlands

Since there is a new button in the pilot app which allows you to set the home point does that mean you can fly up to 500m, set the home point there and fly another 500m above that?
2015-6-8
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.4

Australia

Nico Posted at 2015-6-9 08:07
Since there is a new button in the pilot app which allows you to set the home point does that mean y ...

If you land it first, shut the motors off, and then start them again then you could.  But not while it's flying lol
2015-6-8
Use props
Nico
Netherlands

Pity, but I'm happy anyway since I'm going to Norway on my motorbike this September and taking the phantom with me. Would have been crap if I couldn't fly there due to altitude limitations.
2015-6-9
Use props
mike6250
New

United States

In the US the altitude of my phantom 3 is restricted to 120 meters.
2015-6-13
Use props
Helios
lvl.1
United States

mike6250 Posted at 2015-6-14 13:31
In the US the altitude of my phantom 3 is restricted to 120 meters.

No. That is NOT correct. Please stop posting this. It is wrong information. The limit is 500m.
2015-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules