Help - Mavic Air Motor not powering up with CSC after FW upgrade
894 7 2019-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sachinwalia
New

United States

Yesterday I upgraded firmware on my DJI mavic air to the latest current version - v01.00.0620. After upgrade when I try to do a test flight inside my house using controller only (no mobile phone) then it is not even powering up the motors on using combination stick command. BTW my controller is running in mode 2. When I use the DJI assistant App then it is not allowing me to downgrade the aircraft past current version v01.00.0620.

Can someone please help me get past this problem. I'd prefer to fly the aircraft with controller only mode.

thanks,

Sachin Walia

2019-8-13
Use props
Vofas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

The drone can not be controlled only using RC without a smartphone, so the engines do not turn on. Firmware version 620 was announced without the possibility of downgrading ..
2019-8-13
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vofas Posted at 8-13 23:29
The drone can not be controlled only using RC without a smartphone, so the engines do not turn on. Firmware version 620 was announced without the possibility of downgrading ..

I'm fairly certain you can start the drone with out connecting to a phone. It is more than likely that you have compass error, so you can not start the motors. You should check in the DJI GO 4 app, if the motors won't start it should be telling you why.
2019-8-13
Use props
Vofas
lvl.4
Russia

Ben Mason Posted at 8-13 23:43
I'm fairly certain you can start the drone with out connecting to a phone. It is more than likely that you have compass error, so you can not start the motors. You should check in the DJI GO 4 app, if the motors won't start it should be telling you why.

In the instructions, I did not see such a way to control a drone without a smartphone.
2019-8-14
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vofas Posted at 8-14 00:10
In the instructions, I did not see such a way to control a drone without a smartphone.

The Remote control connects to the drone, as long as you have no errors, such as the compass requiring calibration, then you are able to start the motors and fly the drone.

Maybe it's just where i am, but i often find i get compass error frequently when i first power the Mavic Air.
2019-8-14
Use props
Vofas
lvl.4
Russia

Ben Mason Posted at 8-14 00:17
The Remote control connects to the drone, as long as you have no errors, such as the compass requiring calibration, then you are able to start the motors and fly the drone.

Maybe it's just where i am, but i often find i get compass error frequently when i first power the Mavic Air.

I agree. It is not uncommon that before a flight I receive a message with a proposal to calibrate the compass.
2019-8-14
Use props
Vofas
lvl.4
Russia

Ben Mason Posted at 8-14 00:17

Yes, you were right: the motors start with RC without a smartphone.
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. You may try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem will still persist? Also, can you please try to connect your RC to a mobile device and download the latest version of the DJI Go 4 App and check if you receive any error message. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding. Cheers!
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules