Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Idiot moment
545 3 2019-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NickEST1987
Second Officer
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

Stupid me decided to take my spark out for a late night flight. Our apartment balcony has a overhang and stupid me decided to launch it from there. I had no GPS signal to very little when I took off. Once I had it in the air and in the open I got the green light and flew with no problem. When I was done I tried to bring it back in on the balcony and my drone decided it liked our storage door so much that it bumped into it and crashed onto the wood patio. From what I could tell one of the propellers flew off (easy replace) and the cover for the front sensor (kinda snapped back into place). I tested the camera and it seems to still work and stay level when you move the spark around. Lets just say I learned my lesson
**Sorry for the double post.  Can't figure out how to delete the other post**
2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Sorry to hear that, I will help you to delete the other post.
2019-8-13
Use props
Ben Mason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like you got off lucky with no damage(to the drone or anything else), no idea why people risk night flying, let alone off some balcony with no GPS.

Good lesson, the price is usually a written off drone.
2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. DJI always recommend flying the drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences and it's not recommended to fly the drone during night time as the vision system would not be available. If the performance of the drone will change, upon experiencing the mishap, we would recommend contacting our support using the link below. Thank you for your support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules