5977 22 2019-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneAlps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2043307 ft
  • >>>
France

Had a very unusual experience yesterday. Flying with a new-ish (May 2019) Mavic Air. All firmware and DJI Go App up-to-date. After a quick successful flight, we relocated and prepared to fly with the remainder of the battery (76%). After waiting for the GPS and the green ready-to-fly message, we launched. After a few seconds the drone become unresponsive and started to drift towards a building (it was a quite built-up area). It did not respond to any input, and it crashed hard onto concrete. We have started a claim with DJI and will update this thread with their response. Curious if others have had anything similar happen.
2019-8-14
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

It was probably a calibration or interference issue.  I do know others may request your flight log on this forum though.
2019-8-14
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You would be amazed what kind of faults and errors can happen to your drone. You should upload the flight logs from your phone and people can advise on what happened.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-8-14
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Hello [DroneAlps], it would be interesting to have the flight record. That way, we could have more information about what happened. Keep us informed!

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-8-14
Use props
Nicortech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8888 ft
France

Hi, I had (and still have) nearly the same issue from the first time I have started to use it. After several tests, it worked. But I also moved to another place and impossible to take off correctly. I calibrated the compass 10 times, did the same for the remote (advised from DJI support chat) and the drone is still continuing accelerating by itself (little bite scary). DJI wrote me about having a new one. FYI, I bought it one week ago...
2019-8-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As others have said putting up your logs will give a much clearer picture of what occurred .
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the incident happen to your DJI Mavic Air. The location where you are flying the drone might have signal interference that is affecting the drone and it's a connection. Most of the cause of the interference would be any wireless signal that interfering signals from the Remote Controller to the Aircraft.  Magnetic interference can have a bad effect on image transmission and it can cause disconnection. Also, we're glad to know that you already manage to coordinate with our support. Please let us know if you have any inquiries or concern. Thank you for understanding. Cheers!
2019-8-14
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-14 11:01
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the incident happen to your DJI Mavic Air. The location where you are flying the drone might have signal interference that is affecting the drone and it's a connection. Most of the cause of the interference would be any wireless signal that interfering signals from the Remote Controller to the Aircraft.  Magnetic interference can have a bad effect on image transmission and it can cause disconnection. Also, we're glad to know that you already manage to coordinate with our support. Please let us know if you have any inquiries or concern. Thank you for understanding. Cheers!

Hello Gamora, It is interesting to know what happened since it is a very positive feedback for the rest of the client users. Please keep us informed. Thank's and best regards.

Fly safe!
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

QQRUCH Posted at 8-14 11:55
Hello Gamora, It is interesting to know what happened since it is a very positive feedback for the rest of the client users. Please keep us informed. Thank's and best regards.

Fly safe!

You are always welcome Qqruch. Rest assured that once we already had the result of diagnostics we will inform you as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-8-16
Use props
Mr.Minister
New
Flight distance : 78271 ft
Australia

Hey DroneAlps, the same incident happened to me two days ago too. I launched the drone without any problems and wanted to take a picture of a waterfall. Hovering in front of the waterfall above a huge 50m cliff drop. Before i could press the shutter button, the drone suddenly moved away from me uncontrollable. I tried everything to stop the drone but it did not react at all. I could not do anything but watching it crashing with high velocity in an other cliff and falling aprox. 40-50m into the forrest of the canyon below. I wrote an email to DJI on the same day (Saturday). As it wasn't my fault and i have no access to the crash site i hope for a replacement.
2019-8-18
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
Switzerland

Mr.Minister Posted at 8-18 23:22
Hey DroneAlps, the same incident happened to me two days ago too. I launched the drone without any problems and wanted to take a picture of a waterfall. Hovering in front of the waterfall above a huge 50m cliff drop. Before i could press the shutter button, the drone suddenly moved away from me uncontrollable. I tried everything to stop the drone but it did not react at all. I could not do anything but watching it crashing with high velocity in an other cliff and falling aprox. 40-50m into the forrest of the canyon below. I wrote an email to DJI on the same day (Saturday). As it wasn't my fault and i have no access to the crash site i hope for a replacement.

VERY much doubt your going to get a replacement - DJI are not a charity! Posting your flight logs would be helpful
2019-8-19
Use props
AlejandroMedina
lvl.2
Mexico

Happened the same months ago .... I posted here  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=comment&fid=129&tid=194511

After gps good take of and few seconds after that the MA started to get crazy
2019-8-25
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

AlejandroMedina Posted at 8-25 09:18
Happened the same months ago .... I posted here  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=comment&fid=129&tid=194511

After gps good take of and few seconds after that the MA started to get crazy

If you mean this thread, I remember it. You uploaded a log but it didn't match what you described in your post or show any signs of a malfunction.
2019-8-25
Use props
AlejandroMedina
lvl.2
Mexico

Gimpy Posted at 8-25 09:23
If you mean this thread, I remember it. You uploaded a log but it didn't match what you described in your post or show any signs of a malfunction.

Sorry if my English doesn’t describe very well the problem, but anyway the drone turns uncontrollable, and you can see that the drone turns before I try to move stick to try to compensate.... please take a look again, or I can record on screen the playback of the log
2019-8-26
Use props
fans50352f39
lvl.2
Panama

Something similar happened to me. Calibrated the compass and got the green light to take off, my mavic air hovered at around 1m and I then started to raise it higher, when it was about 20m high it darted straight horizontally and wouldn´t respond to my commands and crashed pretty hard with some trees. Gimbal was damaged and had to pay 200 us to get it replaced by DJI Panama. They said interference was at fault. Been freaked out of flying it ever since.
2019-8-29
Use props
DroneAlps
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

hallmark007 Posted at 8-14 04:44
As others have said putting up your logs will give a much clearer picture of what occurred .

Here is the log:
https://app.airdata.com/share/QcaHhq
[the GPS locations shown on the map are about 10 meters closer to the building then it actually was]

2019-9-1
Use props
DroneAlps
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

2019-9-1
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

I believe the incept of problem occurred at power cycling for 76%

New flight mandate 100% charged devices threesome, right?
2019-9-1
Use props
DroneAlps
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

cutis Posted at 9-1 13:22
I believe the incept of problem occurred at power cycling for 76%

New flight mandate 100% charged devices threesome, right?

Sorry, I don't understand your question.
2019-9-2
Use props
cutis
Second Officer

DroneAlps Posted at 9-2 01:56
Sorry, I don't understand your question.

Takeoff@76%wrongful act that documentation demands100%
Comprendo?
2019-9-7
Use props
DroneAlps
lvl.4
  • >>>

cutis Posted at 9-7 15:20
Takeoff@76%wrongful act that documentation demands100%
Comprendo?

Well that makes no sense, in fact sometimes you are advised to let the battery warm up for a while before taking off - and therefore it won't be 100%. It also doesn't excuse the crash; since how many pilots are not going to fly because the battery is not showing exactly 100%? I agree if the battery was critically low, you could be right. But 76% seems sufficient to rule it out as an explanation for this crash.
2019-9-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

DroneAlps Posted at 9-11 11:52
Well that makes no sense, in fact sometimes you are advised to let the battery warm up for a while before taking off - and therefore it won't be 100%. It also doesn't excuse the crash; since how many pilots are not going to fly because the battery is not showing exactly 100%? I agree if the battery was critically low, you could be right. But 76% seems sufficient to rule it out as an explanation for this crash.

There is lots to be said for advising others Only to take off on a 100% freshly charged battery.

There are many situations where user will take off on a battery that shows 60% charged only when in the air battery power reduces rapidly and causes real problems for user, so I think while this Was not the cause of your problem it is good and proper practice .
2019-9-11
Use props
cutis
Second Officer

I have returned from flight starting with 100% initially.
But on touchdown i dont powerdown drone or rc or apk instead launching drone.  but because drone wasnt powerdowned the remaining charge is stable & actually operates the drone correctly depleting correctly too with anticipated alarm 30%.
Emphasis is drone is not powerdowned and instead described as "just making bus stops" until fuel warnings terminate the bus route
2019-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules