Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket + Rain?
10400 12 2019-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SupCarlos
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

How well does the Osmo Pocket handle a little bit of rain/drizzle conditions? Will it remain functional after?
2019-8-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

I wouldn't chance it personally.
The SD card slot is open, there are gaps where the gimbal motors rotate and no mention of any weather sealing as well as a warning not to get it wet in the manual. It may survive initially but water and Li-po batteries do not mix well and any internal moisture ingress will not be good for internal components. PC boards, in particular, are prone to delaminating in the presence of moisture unless they are glass fiber.
Maybe try an umbrella.  
2019-8-14
Use props
saitron
lvl.4
Mexico

Osmo Pocket can handle a little bit of water.
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend using your Osmo Pocket in the recommended environment. Water or any liquid might damage the unit especially if the internal components would be involved. You may refer to our safety and guidelines for the Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.

2019-8-14
Use props
LouisP
Captain
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Yes and no..  Last weekend I tried shooting a timelapse of a storm by setting the pocket on a covered balcony.. a little rain was blowing onto the osmo and I thought it was no big deal... and it wouldn't have been for just the osmo.. but I had the wifi adapter on it.  Drops hit the osmo and ran down into the wifi adapter and shorted out the usb connector...  I was lucky.. blowing the water out fixed it... but be ware... the wifi adapter is a water trap.
2019-8-14
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

So Clearly DJI states not to expose it to water, but accidental exposure like light rain was what I was going after.. But looking through everyones experience I can see its better not to risk it.. Thanks everyone
2019-8-14
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

Don't try this at home!

2019-8-14
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 8-14 19:25
Don't try this at home!

https://youtu.be/qXmP0A11O6Q

Nice Youtube Video
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 8-14 19:25
Don't try this at home!

https://youtu.be/qXmP0A11O6Q

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-15
Use props
Wiz33
Captain
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used it in light rain for a few minutes at a time plenty of times with no problem. Just wipe it dry after.
2019-8-15
Use props
Sagar Negi
New

India

Hi all,

My dji pocket 2 fell down and dipped into water for almost 5 seconds. It's turning on but it's gimbal behaves very aggressive and moves it's camera right to left very very quick keeping the camera in portrait mode. No clue what to do. If anyone in the forum experienced this may suggest what to do
2022-4-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

For the OP, considering the cost of the camera, I'd play it safe myself and invest into a waterproof case for using it in the rain just to be on the safe side.

As for the video linked by Curt1591, it almost hurted me to see that I myself almost messed my pants when I dropped my Pocket 2 accidentally to asphalt from height of about a one meter (about 3.3 feet). Luckily, it was in it's protective case at the moment and seems to not have suffered any damage. :-)
2022-4-15
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

The test video showed native audio near the end during the selfie clip. It sounds like the mic was a bit fuzzy which is not normal. Possibly one of the tests damaged the mic a bit. But still a very tough device passing those brutal tests. That said, you have so many openings on this thing, water could still foul up the gimbal motors and mother board. It is just luck. You can probably use it in the rain but there is not much point in wasting a moderately priced camera for a rain shot.  If you really wanna you should get a waterproof housing. The DJI stock housing has good image quality but renders stabilization to one axis only and control is very limited. You get full stabilization with a dome housing but the dome tend to warp image and if rain gets on the dome it may make camera focus on dome not the actual scene. Why not just use umbrella.....
2022-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules