Problem with the Sun
759 10 2019-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fernando DM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1040 ft
Argentina

Hi guys !! In this oportunity, i want to tell us, a little problem that i discovered when i decided to record then sunrise in my country. During i recorded the sunrise i saw a yellow point (at the left of the sun) when the camera pointed directly the sun. Here i posted a photo where you can see that i told. When de camera point to another site, the yellow point desapear.I need your help to know what happend in this cases. Something that i forgot to tell us, is that the i used a ND filter to take this photo. Someone of us, had a this problem?
Sorry for my english, i wish that you can understand me..
From Rosario (Argentine), see you later and have a nice day

DJI_0067.JPG
2019-8-14
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most likely a speck of dust on the lens. Shooting into the sun is always tricky.
2019-8-14
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Looks like scattered/reflected light inside the lens assembly, aka lens flare,
If it is always there, no matter where/how you compose the shot, then yes, more than likely dust or debris on the lens. But I would think it would appear "dark"

If it was just on that one shot, then I still go with the former, lens flare...

2019-8-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

UFO “lol” it could be dust but never seen dust that yellow and then to disappear, very strange .
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may try to clean the stock filter of the Mavic Air using a dry cloth to see if this would persist. May we know if this particular yellow point will always be located on that part when shooting towards the sun? Please let us know for further check. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like lens flare - you can try using a lens hood but I'd just live it
2019-8-14
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Lens flare, you can read up on it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare
2019-8-14
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find flying into the sun with my Mavic Pro would sometimes cause issues with obstacle avoidance triggering in a false alarm. where the drone would come to a screeching halt. Luckily I was still in connection otherwise there's no telling what could have happened if I didn't steer the Mavic Pro back safely commanding  it to ignore the sun...
2019-8-14
Use props
winkiel82
First Officer
Flight distance : 4059806 ft
Poland

Great shoot, i like it.
2019-8-15
Use props
Fernando DM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1040 ft
Argentina

DJI Tony Posted at 8-14 11:21
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may try to clean the stock filter of the Mavic Air using a dry cloth to see if this would persist. May we know if this particular yellow point will always be located on that part when shooting towards the sun? Please let us know for further check. Thank you for your support.

First of all, thanks for all your coments. I enjoy all of then.
If I turned to the left (or right), the yellow point slowly disappears from the screen of my phone. In others words, when I lost the focus to the sun, the yellow point disappears. Iam sure that the problem is caused for a “sunlight reflection”. I will make more attempts, and after this, I will tell us my results.

Something I forgot to coment ..  I attempted to increase the shutter speed,  and when I did this, the yellow point became more yellow .. perhaps ..  depth of field looked realy dark and this maked that the yellow point looks more yellow .. I don’t know ..

Thanks all of us, for help me with this theme
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fernando DM Posted at 8-15 07:52
First of all, thanks for all your coments. I enjoy all of then.
If I turned to the left (or right), the yellow point slowly disappears from the screen of my phone. In others words, when I lost the focus to the sun, the yellow point disappears. Iam sure that the problem is caused for a “sunlight reflection”. I will make more attempts, and after this, I will tell us my results.

We do appreciate considering our suggestions regarding your concern. You could also give your latest progress for us to be updated. Thank you for continued support.
2019-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules