ALL Four Batteries SWOLLEN (80-125 recharrges)
4810 39 2019-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockowe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2376352 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Just Barely a Year and  ALL FOUR batteries purchased at the same time - (some in the FLYMORE Pack)  are BULGING, Swollen and Popping from the CASE-

This seems unnatural that ALL FOUR are exhibiting this.
The Batteries are charged on the DJI standard HUB for Mavic 2.

I Know this is out of warranty - BUT ALL four ????
These Batteries are Expensive - I cant afford to replace all four of them !

A Fifth Battery (purchased with another Mavic Zoom) is Perfect-

Is there a BATCH problem ?
Has Others had this?

What should I do about this -
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-14 at 17.02.15.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-14 at 17.05.25.jpeg

So Swollen that the Casing is Popping Open

So Swollen that the Casing is Popping Open
2019-8-14
Use props
ScanDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

All 3 of my M2Z batteries are in good shape and I got them in an early M2 batch (July 2018). I live in Orlando FL, and as expected it's both warm and humid here, things that seams to have bad impact on the batteries. I never run them below 20% discharge, unless it's for maintenance purpose, keep them around 40-50% charge and never ever charge them when they are still warm. I use https://airdata.com/ to check and help with maintenance. It will tell you the status of both your drone and batteries and there is a free version.
2019-8-14
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

At least it seems they saw "consistent" use/handling.
I suspect running them down to low...
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Rockowe, we are terribly sorry for the troubles with the batteries, please send email to support@dji.com with the picture and the serial numbers, then keep us updated with the email ticket number here, we will do our best to help.
2019-8-15
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-15 01:35
Hi Rockowe, we are terribly sorry for the troubles with the batteries, please send email to  with the picture and the serial numbers, then keep us updated with the email ticket number here, we will do our best to help.

The reply from dji looks promising, you have spent a considerable amount on you drone and it won't bankrupt dji to do the right thing by you. Good luck. Keep us posted.
2019-8-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to see that - the chances of four batteries swelling at precisely the same time after nearly one-year of use is minimal to say the least. I suspect the cause is that the batteries were stored at too high a temperature or over discharged before storage as that tends to be the two main causes of these batteries increasing the electrolytic decomposition that occurs naturally anyway and will eventually cause swelling. Heat and over charge/discharge rapidly speeds the decomposition process. Batteries are covered for six months/200 recharge cycles by DJI but hope they help out as thats £516 worth of batteries at full UK RRP. I also would not turn them on, use them or charge them again. They are very exposed now and quite dangerous so arrange for them to be professionally disposed of once DJI has all the information they need from them. Good luck.
2019-8-15
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

First thing I would do is dispose of those batteries immediately, you could try reaching out to DJI and see what they say but like any other company on the planet they are going to say it’s something you did wrong . About the only thing you can do is buy another battery and hope for the best....
2019-8-15
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 8-15 03:32
First thing I would do is dispose of those batteries immediately, you could try reaching out to DJI and see what they say but like any other company on the planet they are going to say it’s something you did wrong . About the only thing you can do is buy another battery and hope for the best....

Maybe I've just had a different experience but i have generally found DJI to be pretty reasonable with batteries, obviously they won't accept damaged, but for the most part they accept them.
The problem with swollen batteries is generally transporting them, most if not all delivery companies would refuse to transport them, maybe if you have a suitable battery bag you can get someone to deliver it.
2019-8-15
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi Rockowe, we are terribly sorry for the troubles with the batteries, please send email to  with the picture and the serial numbers, then keep us updated with the email ticket number here, we will do our best to help.

Thank You - I have Emailed as above:
===========
REPLY Thank you for contacting DJI.
Your request (2283903) has been received and we will contact you as soon as  possible.

The above as Requested
===========

Also SeeDJI Mavic Drone Forum (Same title thread)

----------------- Continued background - to Questions on Style of use, Indications or Warnings

DJI Go4 does not report any cell damage - ….
… also surprisingly the Battery works as it should - Even Airdata UAV shows normality in the discharge and voltage curves etc.

My Location on the Mountain top allows me to see quite far off so there is a large field of play -
They do return quite WARM (even Hot) - I normally fly in P-Mode avg (40-50km/hr) - I Seldom fly in SPORT -

--- Recently Im having difficulty inserting them into the Mavic - (needing to Push quite firmly to get both clicks) - sometimes the Batteries Pop out of the one side Latch)

Your Idea of STRAPS - Like Velcro straps may work well -
...However DJI should not expect me to do that - especially as they pride themselves on their Batteries - AND - it looks like this can Only get worse

But the Big Question …. - WHat happens if this causes a fire or worse than that - either when Flying or Charging ?

Im starting to get a bit paranoid about that - ...

- Im seriously irritated that a known problem like this is not being addressed by DJI - for replacement

- These Batteries are expensive when you look at four at a time - lasting only a year !!!!

=============== (Answer to Long Storage, or transporting of the Batteries)

The reality is I really Fly the drone Often -

Its seldom - that more than 3 days go by without flying All batteries down to 15-20%

SO I have to say - theres NO STORAGE … the batteries recycle regularly - as they were designed to -

2019-8-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

What battery percentage do you run them down to before you swap them with a fully recharged one?  Maybe your outlet is sending too much power?  Maybe you are using the wrong voltage?  220/110?
2019-8-16
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

AntDX316 Posted at 8-16 17:07
What battery percentage do you run them down to before you swap them with a fully recharged one?  Maybe your outlet is sending too much power?  Maybe you are using the wrong voltage?  220/110?

Normally I fly batteries down to 15-20%.
Charge them on ONE HUB (DJI Bundled FLymore)  220V

2019-8-17
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

===========
Your request (2283903) has been received and we will contact you as soon as  possible.
==============

Next REPLY
=======

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We're sorry to know the unfortunate experience you had with DJI Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery. However, as verification with facility the date the drone and the battery was purchased last October of 2018. As such, we regret to tell that your battery warranty duration was already exceeded. Our facility can only provide battery replacement if the battery is still under warranty for 6 months, as per our after-sales policy (http://www.dji.com/service/policy). Please do understand that we are also after with your satisfaction and to provide the best support possible however we still have policies to abide.

Battery performance is still depends how maintenance it get and use it. We recommend to discharge the battery to 40% to 65% of its total power and store it in a cool, dry space (at an ambient temperature of 22°C to 28°C) when it is going to be idle for more than 10 days. Check the battery’s power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once. We also suggest not to fully drained the battery power during used in order to keep the battery cells balance. This routine maintenance will keep the battery healthy.

1. Keep batteries out of the reach of children and pets.
2. Do not leave the battery near heat sources such as a furnace or heater. Do not leave the batteries inside of the vehicle on hot days. The ideal storage temperature is 22℃-28℃.
3. Keep the battery dry. Never drop the battery into water.
4. Do not drop, strike, impale, or manually short-circuit the battery.
5. Keep the battery away from metal objects such as necklaces and hairpins.
6. Discharge the battery to 30%-50% of the battery level if it will not be used for 7 days or more. This can greatly extend the battery life.
7. Battery discharges automatically to below 65% when it is idle for more than 10 days to prevent the battery from swelling. It takes around 2 days to discharge the battery to 65%, It is normal that you may feel moderate heat emits from the battery during the discharge process. Set the discharging thresholds in the DJI Go app.

We're hoping for your kind understanding. Thank you for choosing DJI! have a great day!

===================================

SO they sticking to the Paperwork - and not seeing the FLAW !!!!
=========

My Reply

Dear Jerome
Your answer (On behalf of DJI) is Not adequate - ...

The Batteries were used regularly and not stored.

ALL FOUR of them increased to 110% of the size and now are unusable in UNDER a YEAR.

- We feel that the Batteries supplied are defective - and would request that you fulfill FAIR PRACTISE Replacement based on that-

I did not buy a drone to KNOW THAT in a YEAR IT WOULD NOT FLY - because of BAD Batteries.  (Not ONE - But ALL FOUR in a BATCH)

Please reply on this issue-

It was recommended that I  give feedback to SUPPORT on the DJI Forum - that recommended that I contact you - on this issue-

Please see this HOLISTICALLY - and not specific to each battery-

ALL FOUR of them No longer fit the drone - !!!!

Regards

Rockowe
2019-8-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rockowe Posted at 8-17 07:05
Normally I fly batteries down to 15-20%.
Charge them on ONE HUB (DJI Bundled FLymore)  220V

Yeah, I'm on the ground by the time it says 25%.  If you don't charge them up and leave them discharged they can swell too.
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rockowe Posted at 8-17 11:01
===========

I will transfer to the team to double check.
2019-8-18
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-18 02:32

Please let me know  what you managed to escalate?
2019-8-19
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rockowe Posted at 8-19 05:16
Please let me know  what you managed to escalate?

By any chance have you charged the batteries and left them charged on multiple occassions until they auto discharged?
2019-8-19
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Batteries tend to become swollen during their early charge cycles, when the cells are most combustive whereas the longer the battery is in age, the less likely the battery will explode or burst. I live in Phoenix, Arizona where the weather this week for the high is 115 degrees fahrenheit. I have the DJI Spark, Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom and do not fly my drones when the temperature is above the 104 degree fahrenheit DJI requisite top temperature for operation. With that said, three of my Mavic Pro batteries became swollen, in fact I had an incident in May of this year when my Mavic Pro was landing and my RC lost complete control over the Mavic when upon landing it crashed several houses down the road. I checked the DJII GO 4 Application for the drone's last whereabouts and performed an extensive search and rescue around my local neighborhood as all my neighbors helped me look (we have a really supportive community of people in my neighborhood and I fly out of my backyard all the time and nobody minds or has drawn any issue) but no avail.

I informed DJI about the incident that the Mavic Pro couldn't be located. Unfortunately when they did the data analysis, no error or warnings showed up so they blamed me with pilot error. I explained to DJI that the flight plan the Mavic Pro had crashed had been a flight plan I performed the most of any of my 1,300 flights and that I did not do anything differently that I had done during all my many successful flights and landings, this time I didn't know what the reason for the crash but I explained to DJI it really couldn't have been my fault? Time went by and I performed my last search & rescue attempt, this time having the Spark go up and look for the Mavic. Well, below the Spark spotted something and law and behold: The Mavic Pro. I had my last DJI Care Refresh+ that was used when I shipped back the drone to DJI, however the battery that was next to the Mavic Pro had swollen badly and this was likely the reason why the drone crashed. The battery likely dislodged and popped out of the Mavic on its way down seconds before cutting power to the flight controller which is why my radio couldn't establish a connection and seconds later the battery ejected and the Mavic's motors were cut and the drone fell right beside the battery on to my neighbor's roof in a spot only a drone could locate, which is why I couldn't find the Mavic in the first place but DJI was adamant not to attribute the incident to product error. Strangely, the Mavic Pro battery was brand new and DJI had just shipped it, and there was no more than 3 charges on the battery when it ejected and caused the accident. DJI received the battery and tested it and came to the conclusion it was a warranty issue and the battery was replaced free of charge. Strangely, I had to pay the $79 DJI Care Refresh+ for the Mavic Pro replacement when in fact DJI concluded the battery had become swollen severely deciding that the battery should have performed under the weather subjected to it, however it was flown on my crashed Mavic Pro that I had to lose my last replacement for a crash not truly should have been deemed as pilot error. The replacement battery and Mavic Pro I flew just last month during the day when it was around 102-104 degrees fahrenheit and sunny likely the top of the highest range for operating temperature DJI warrants. I flew the Mavic for 23 minutes and when it landed and I powered it off the new battery inside the Mavic had become swollen severely and luckily it didn't dislodge and eject from the aircraft. In addition, the replaced Mavic Pro that I paid $79, and had my only replacement, under DJI Care Refresh+ to be without any more replacements and the returned Mavic Pro would be my final Mavic that I would own for the remainder. This Mavic Pro the gimbal out of the box upon arrival failed to initialize properly as it banged into the upper support bracket behind the gimbal, in addition I experienced a fraction in range on that Mavic Pro compared to the Mavic Pro that had crashed due to the battery ejecting.

I shipped out that Mavic Pro and battery to DJI. The battery was replaced by DJI again under the warranty free of charge, and the Mavic is arriving tomorrow to DJI where I suspect they'll replace and return me a new Mavic Pro that should be commensurate with how a Mavic Pro operates and performs, as the preceding Mavic failed to live up to those standards....Additionally the story gets more aggravating, I recently purchased my Mavic 2 Zoom and wouldn't you know the battery became swollen and cost me a restocking fee when I returned it to the store within the 15 day return policy for a new Mavic 2 Zoom (which I am not flying until the weather cools down). DJI was going to replace that battery of the Mavic 2 Zoom supposedly free of charge, however the battery went back to the store and a replacement was provided, yet I had to absorb 15% of the purchase price, or $1,249.99 + tax multiplied by .15% less credited back because the store does not cover swollen batteries. Do you think it is fair of me to expect DJI to replace that Mavic 2 Zoom battery even though the battery was returned to the store, given my restocking fee costs more than a battery for the Mavic 2 and I was inconvenienced for several weeks, my drone paperwork is a mess now that I have to transfer my DJI Care Refresh from that first drone to the new  drone. I will report back to everyone what happens.
2019-8-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ben Mason Posted at 8-15 03:39
Maybe I've just had a different experience but i have generally found DJI to be pretty reasonable with batteries, obviously they won't accept damaged, but for the most part they accept them.
The problem with swollen batteries is generally transporting them, most if not all delivery companies would refuse to transport them, maybe if you have a suitable battery bag you can get someone to deliver it.

I've read your reply twice ... Nothing what you're saying is making any sense ...
2019-8-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 8-17 11:41
Yeah, I'm on the ground by the time it says 25%.  If you don't charge them up and leave them discharged they can swell too.

BS alert #1

No one can charge any battery down, therefore only charging up is possible. Unless ... you consider battery charging down as a discharge ... Whatever ... You can safely discharge the battery to whatever critical level you've set up, or until the drone will shut down itself while sitting on your desk, no penalty whatsoever here. But don't fully charge any DJI Smart Battery and leave it unused for longer than 2-3 days. Keep the battery at approx. 50% charge (meaning: charge after flight to approx. 50%) and fully charge just hours before planned flight. It's clearly mentioned in DJI manuals and discussed to death on every related forum ...

2019-8-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 8-16 17:07
What battery percentage do you run them down to before you swap them with a fully recharged one?  Maybe your outlet is sending too much power?  Maybe you are using the wrong voltage?  220/110?

BS alert #2

Every DJI charger/power supply will work with every outlet AC voltage known to mankind, automatically controlling required power in and out. It's a foolproof design. Get it? Foolproof ...
2019-8-19
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-19 20:06
BS alert #1

No one can charge any battery down, therefore only charging up is possible. Unless ... you consider battery charging down as a discharge ... Whatever ... You can safely discharge the battery to whatever critical level you've set up, or until the drone will shut down itself while sitting on your desk, no penalty whatsoever here. But don't fully charge any DJI Smart Battery and leave it unused for longer than 2-3 days. Keep the battery at approx. 50% charge (meaning: charge after flight to approx. 50%) and fully charge just hours before planned flight. It's clearly mentioned in DJI manuals and discussed to death on every related forum ...

Why do you think the batteries of the OP is swelling then?
2019-8-19
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-18 02:32

No resolve here …
- earlier I thought you would interject the Process -

Please say what the official Line of DJI is - on My unusable drone and Batteries  without a Crash and with NO operator / user fault - in UNDER a YEAR.

Please specifically answer ...
2019-8-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 8-19 21:25
Why do you think the batteries of the OP is swelling then?

And how am I supposed to know that? Bad batch, improper maintenance/storage/usage habits, environmental issues, bad luck finally, who knows. I have all possible DJI smart batteries, several of each type and age, some 5 years old - and never experienced swollen battery. Deteriorating naturally with age? Yes, but never swollen. I must be an lucky bastard then ...
2019-8-20
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

do the batteries not have a 12 months warranty in South africa ?
2019-8-20
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Rockowe Posted at 8-20 04:35
No resolve here …
- earlier I thought you would interject the Process -

SO I received a THIRD REPLY from DJI … by email

Hope your doing fine.

We know how unfavorable this is on your part and we apologize for that. We understand where you coming from and the frustration you feeling right now. Your concerns and requests to have replacement have been well received. Therefore, concern already coordinated in facility to consider and further review the concern.

We did request to facility to further assess the situation and now they provided the instructions below:

All the pictures showed clearly the swollen batteries and yet it's hard for them to recognize it's serial numbers. They kindly advise to create a video that shows all the serial number of the batteries and at the same time the swollen part of every batteries. This procedure are for concern verification and make that as basis of the request. We’re looking forward to have your response.

My REPLY:

See YouTube Video:
2019-8-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rockowe Posted at 8-20 09:48

Hope your doing fine.

Can you put the 4 defective serial numbers here and put the one that is #5 that has no defect serial number on the bottom of the 4 so we can see what batch numbers are bad?
2019-8-20
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

AntDX316 Posted at 8-20 12:35
Can you put the 4 defective serial numbers here and put the one that is #5 that has no defect serial number on the bottom of the 4 so we can see what batch numbers are bad?

Iv done that by Email to DJI -
… Somehow Public publishing of serial numbers - seems a little negligent.

Could you Explain how you could figure out which are bad or Not?
The serial numbers  seem to have no congruence - or  chronologic ordering ?
They all seem vastly different
… all start with 0P2AF xxx xxx xxx  (the last 9 numbers are a random Mix of Alphanumerics)

#5 appears is no different from the others in Serial number (also as above)

2019-8-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rockowe Posted at 8-21 01:22
Iv done that by Email to DJI -
… Somehow Public publishing of serial numbers - seems a little negligent.

Because we can see if they have a pattern, like a batch pattern so anyone who has similar can see if they have a bad batch.  The 5th one has no problems, so it must have an outlier serial pattern that is not similar to the rest.

It's harder to tell if we look at each in the video with left mouse clicks.  Having it all laid out then arranged would make it easier to expose.  I would do the code arrangement but, you do it.  : )
2019-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rockowe Posted at 8-20 09:48

Hope your doing fine.

Hi Rockowe, our support team is keeping following up your case and will give you a resolution or suggestion, please provide the required info and wait for further advice, thank you.
2019-8-21
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

AntDX316 Posted at 8-21 01:27
Because we can see if they have a pattern, like a batch pattern so anyone who has similar can see if they have a bad batch.  The 5th one has no problems, so it must have an outlier serial pattern that is not similar to the rest.

It's harder to tell if we look at each in the video with left mouse clicks.  Having it all laid out then arranged would make it easier to expose.  I would do the code arrangement but, you do it.  : )

These are MY Battery Serial Numbers :
BAD Batteries (Swollen and Unusable) - All same Purchase Date
Battery Printed Serial Number:
Battery #1 : 0P2AF985340EYQ
Battery #2 : 0P2AF8953403LQ
Battery #3 : 0P2AF8U53402V8
Battery #4 : 0P2AF8U53403ZS

Good Battery - Different Purchase Date
Battery #5 : 0P2AF9L53408L8

As Said … For All batteries, - (good and Bad)
… there appears no common Number set here (except possible #3 & #4)
… also all batteries serial numbers start with 0P2AF xxx 340 xxx (and have 340 at this position)

Hope this helps others with similar swelling ...
2019-8-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

• OP2AG7953409ZS = M2P 2019/7
  • OP2AF8N534027K = M2Z
  • OP2AFAP5340H6U= Fly More
  • OP2AFAP53404H6= Fly More

No swell. I assume AG7 is M2P and AF8 is M2Z if not the other way around.

While we are here, P4 batteries.
  • 0DQAG2U03204M1= P4PV2.0
  • 0DQAF7G03200ED = Bought from B&H
  • 0DQAFCU032025V = Bought from B&H

I assume AG2 is from the P4PV2.0.

What year did you buy your batteries and drone?  All my DJI tech is late-2018, early 2019, and mid-2019.  I've joined DJI after everything has matured but I wanted some drone to take with me while I e-bike so I got the Spark but then realized my filming creativity is great so I got better drones.

I've firmware refreshed the drone through the PC with every battery.  I did a new battery and did a refresh, this way I make sure it has the latest firmware w/o any issue.

Spark Batteries
  • 0C0AFBEB3302RR = Spark
  • 0C0AG1BB3300VA= Fly More w/ Charging Station
  • 0C0AG1BB3300YY= Fly More w/ Charging Station

If I bought the fly more combo w/ no charging station, I would have had the small clips that would have eventually made the battery fall out of the drone but I got lucky and joined DJI late.
2019-8-21
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-21 05:04
Hi Rockowe, our support team is keeping following up your case and will give you a resolution or suggestion, please provide the required info and wait for further advice, thank you.

I haven't had communication from Anyone further at DJI.

Is DJI intending to answer this?

Can you giver me some Official DJI decision going forward - Regarding the Unusable batteries?

Please follow up …?
2019-8-23
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rockowe Posted at 8-23 10:37

Sometimes a little patience is needed.......keep in mind in China it's Saturday.......

The good news is you ARE getting responses......my suggestion is to keep your communique between you and DJI, and just report here what may be the next step.
Try not to SLAM the people you need help from.......
Patience my friend

Randy
2019-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rockowe Posted at 8-23 10:37

Hi Rockowe, upon checking the email, our support has forwarded to the facility for the further suggestion, please allow us some time, I will also push them for an update. Thanks for your patience.
2019-8-24
Use props
CaymanMoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54321 ft

I have the same exact issue...2 of my 3 batteries and also got the exact messaging from DJI support. I am quite MAD (my real word was not allowed to be said here evidently). I live in Cayman Islands where the temps are always 80-90 degrees and have the 4 port hub by DJI that I charge with.

UPDATE DECEMBER 12, 2019

I HAD TO THROW AWAY 2 BATTERIES ($250 DOLLARS), BUY ANOTHER SO THAT I HAVE 2 TOTAL. ONE (not the new one) IS NOW STARTING TO BOW AGAIN ON THE BOTTOM.

DJI.....YOU HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND ARE NOT TAKING CARE OF CUSTOMERS LIKE ME THAT HAVE PURCHASED CRAZY AMOUNTS OF YOUR PRODUCTS. LOOKUP MY EMAIL IN YOUR SYSTEM AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN.

DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!

screenshot2

screenshot2

screenshot

screenshot
2019-9-3
Use props
Yummyburger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275315 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Sorry rockowe for interrupting in your post

Hi everyone and moderator,

However ,i have 4 batteries for my mavic 2 pro.  unfortunately i just discovered 2 of my batteries are swelling too, 1 has 25 cycle and the other have 21 cycle. It can still lock on to the ac, but don't think i will risk it.

It seems that all batteries failed are the 2018 august and earlier batch batteries.

Before anyone tell me did i store or discharge what so ever stuff, i know and i did. My platinium pro which i thrashed real hard and the batteries are still perfect.

How did such an expensive drone batteries failed so prematurely ?

Dji moderator, if i continue to fly using this  flawed batteries and the battery pop out while flying causing the AC to drop from the sky, i am pretty sure dji will have to replace the whole drone instead of just replacing the batteries. Correct me if i am wrong. what should i do next?

Last 2 photos is just showing my MPP batteries still perfect after more than 2 years.

It is ridiculous to expect your consumer to pay for a few new batteries every year just to fly a few times.

2019-11-3
Use props
Yummyburger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275315 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

2019-11-3
Use props
Crash&Burn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem, I had 3 and all swollen in less than a year, DJI said too bad.
2019-11-18
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Hmm, this is a really strange behaviour, my two old drone’s (Phantom 3 Pro), has been running sense may 2015, never had any problem with the batteries.
Now I ordered a Mavic 2 Zoom, so it makes me wonder what happened with the battery production, seems there are a lot of folks with the same problem and this is not good at all.

Makes me wonder what are my batteries are going to look like in a year, bummer….
2019-11-27
Use props
splinetime
lvl.1
United States

I have a Phantom 4 pro and had this just happen with 3 batteries. No unusual conditions. I regularly use video production gear with LiOn power and have never had this happen (Some are quite high amperage)
What the heck?
2020-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules