Inspire 2 weak remote controller GPS signal
1391 5 2019-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdamSmith
lvl.2
United States

Been having a lot of issues with the inspire 2 controller (I don't know for sure but I suspect it is controller related).I've been flying all over the country unlocking airspaces with LAANC (Kittyhawk app) with no problems until today.

All LAANC requests are always imported within the app just like their supposed to be.
In two specific locations today my LAANC requests are not coming through and I cannot fly.

When I try to open the airspace manually within the app it is telling me that an internet connection is required; but I am showing an internet connection on the homescreen of the Crystalsky.

The other issues I have been having are:

1. I keep getting the error screen that says "Weak remote controller GPS signal. Cannot aquire location info.

2. The obstacle avoidance sensors indicator at the top of the Go App is red as though it is not on, but in the app all sensors have been turned on.

3. When I try to reset Return to Home it tells me I'm further away than I actually am.

I have restarted everything several times, even reset the remote and paired it back to the Inspire2. Made sure all firmwares were updated.

Inspire2
Basic Remote
Crystalksy
X7 Camera

Inspire2remote1.jpg
Inspire2remote2.jpg
Inspire2remote3.jpg
Inspire2remote1.jpg
Inspire2remote2.jpg
2019-8-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Don't do a thing at this moment. Move to a different location and try to launch your bird again. It's possible that your GPS/Compass is confused by either strong magnetic anomalies, or radio interference, or both. A buried WWII Sherman tank beneath (LOL) may mess your compass, radar system at nearby airport etc. Keep us posted ...
2019-8-14
Use props
AdamSmith
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Matthew, but all of these problems have been occurring over several different states I have flown into, so I would say location is ruled out. I would just love to know if I need to send the remote (controller) in for service? I had to buy a DJI Mavic Pro to get the shots done before flying back out of this location.
2019-8-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

AdamSmith Posted at 8-18 11:12
Thanks Matthew, but all of these problems have been occurring over several different states I have flown into, so I would say location is ruled out. I would just love to know if I need to send the remote (controller) in for service? I had to buy a DJI Mavic Pro to get the shots done before flying back out of this location.

Huh, that's bad ... No idea if it's the RC's or bird's issue ... You may have to send both for diagnosis ...
2019-8-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Based on your information, the Crystal Sky has the GPS not the remote. unless you are using the GPS module?  I have found the iPad pro 10.5 has a great GPS sensor and also using the DJI GPS module connected.
https://store.dji.com/product/in ... r-remote-controller

sorry for the troubles, I can  sell you my I2 it works great  

Rich
2019-8-19
Use props
AdamSmith
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for chiming in Rich! That link is somewhat helpful as I may have to buy the GPS Module I suppose. Didn't know there was such a thing. I guess it amps up the GPS signal for the remote?
What confuses me is I am not 100% sure where the GPS is located in either the remote or the Crystalsky. Can it be in both? Even though you indicate based on info I provided that the GPS is through the Crystalsky and not remote; to me that doesn't make sense since the warning that comes up says "weak remote controller GPS signal".

Crystalsky is hooked into the remote via the Crystalsky connection, then obviously I have to take the USB out of that connection and put it into the back end of the remote.

For some reason I doubt the bird is at fault here. I think it has to be a combination of Crystalsky and basic remote.

Would be nice for DJI to chime in here and tell me if I need to send for service. I've called once and not much help troubleshooting over the phone.
2019-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules