1670 15 2019-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

This was not planned. The bride literally contacted me the morning of the wedding and asked if I brought my drone, which I replied "I bring my drone everywhere." She only wanted a few shots after the ceremony, but since I had my Osmo Pocket along I thought I'd shoot a little bit of video from my chair, but was not going to walk around or get in anyones way. Pretty much I was not going to LOOK like a videography, but I'd shoot a little without distracting people.
So here's the video. Turned out good enought for not planning anything... BUT there are several scenes where the background is in focus and the subject is not. So that's a little disappointing. I should have used a cell phone connected to it so make sure I can tap the subject to bring it in focus. Is that the only way to make sure the object in the foreground is focused?

2019-8-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work bing
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice video, many congrats to the young couple. What is your firmware version?
2019-8-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Tap the Pocket's own screen to focus.
Beautifully done video - actually made me a little teary! - you showed the emotions of the day very well.  Usually I hate slow motion but here it was totally appropriate.  They deserved a sunnier day - but of course that can actually make video / photography a bit more difficult.
2019-8-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-15 01:48
Tap the Pocket's own screen to focus.
Beautifully done video - actually made me a little teary! - you showed the emotions of the day very well.  Usually I hate slow motion but here it was totally appropriate.  They deserved a sunnier day - but of course that can actually make video / photography a bit more difficult.

Good to know. I guess that tiny screen is hard to tell when it's actually in focus. I need to start using it with an attached phone more but I think it draws more attention then. I like how discrete the tiny little osmo pocket is.
Thanks for the feedback and tips.
2019-8-15
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

That was nice of you to capture those moments for your friends.  Nice video
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your work and it's glad that you've used our DJI product to document the precious moment of your friend. Nice work!
2019-8-15
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 8-15 05:53
Good to know. I guess that tiny screen is hard to tell when it's actually in focus. I need to start using it with an attached phone more but I think it draws more attention then. I like how discrete the tiny little osmo pocket is.
Thanks for the feedback and tips.

Yeah, its not ideal, but it can do AFS it AFC is deciding not to play well.

For an impromptu wedding video, you did a good job.
2019-8-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

griffdude13 Posted at 8-15 10:46
Yeah, its not ideal, but it can do AFS it AFC is deciding not to play well.

For an impromptu wedding video, you did a good job.

Thanks. I just made another video with the Osmo Pocket at a brewery grand opening. and the place was PACKED with people. Not sure the Pocket is ideal for really tight spots because it doesn't focus great at close distances, and the camera is not as wide as the GoPro.
I definitely need more practice at close distances with the Pocket before I shoot anything like this again. Thanks for your input.
2019-8-15
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 8-15 11:26
Thanks. I just made another video with the Osmo Pocket at a brewery grand opening. and the place was PACKED with people. Not sure the Pocket is ideal for really tight spots because it doesn't focus great at close distances, and the camera is not as wide as the GoPro.
I definitely need more practice at close distances with the Pocket before I shoot anything like this again. Thanks for your input.

Yeah, it's an 80 degree field of view. In situations like that, I just attach a phone. I got a grip attachment as well, since the phone port adapter makes me worried without some extra support.
2019-8-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

griffdude13 Posted at 8-15 12:55
Yeah, it's an 80 degree field of view. In situations like that, I just attach a phone. I got a grip attachment as well, since the phone port adapter makes me worried without some extra support.

It's a good idea. I need to practice with attaching the phone and using it to correct focus (but I don't like doing it because it seems unstable and I don't want to risk breaking the USB-C port of my Pixel 3.) Which grip attachment are you using?
2019-8-15
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 8-15 19:19
It's a good idea. I need to practice with attaching the phone and using it to correct focus (but I don't like doing it because it seems unstable and I don't want to risk breaking the USB-C port of my Pixel 3.) Which grip attachment are you using?

PolarPro grip: https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... ts/osmo-pocket-grip
2019-8-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done. thanks for sharing.
2019-8-16
Use props
winkiel82
First Officer
Flight distance : 4059806 ft
Poland

Great video.
2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-20
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft

Very nice. I'm thinking, once I get my Part 107, seeing if I can find a couple planning a wedding, and asking if I can practice some wedding videography with them, on a "no guarantees on the quality, but I'll give you what I get, and my only charge will be the experience and learning I receive from the project."
2019-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules