Help with a gimbal issue, in Sydney, Aus
890 8 2019-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
Australia

G'day! I used to be a daily poster here, until I returned to Australia from the south of France, last year.  Was hoping to get some advice from the knowledgable hive mind!

I've got a Platinum that I'm selling and had someone interested in buying it.  The MPP was in perfect condition and low use.  The buyer came over in the evening.  I took it outside to light it up and show him it was all operational and long-story-short, I allowed it to skootch across and hit a wooden beam .  What a rookie error!
It was about a foot off the ground and it flipped over.  
I checked everything and physically it appeared fine, but when I went to restart it, I got a message that the gimbal was overloading.
I've checked and can't see anything obstructing it.  If I move the gimbal around it's fine.  I tried to recalibrate the gimbal, but it gets to 5% and stays there.  
I told the buyer I'd get it fixed and come back to him. Despite the fact that he's keen, I've told him I'd prefer to have it in 100% working order and tested, so...

When I go to calibrate the gimbal, it goes to the postion shown in the pic and stays there
So two questions:
- Is there a simple fix I can try, or something I'm missing?
- In case foxing it requires  something more involved, can anyone recommend someone in Sydney with a good track record on repairing Mavics.
Thanks for any advice.  
IMG_0637.jpg
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is probably the worst and most unfortunate timing to crash a drone I've seen (at the point of sale) - sorry to read that. This appears to be a hardware fault now given that even the gimbal calibration can't complete. One can only guess looking at a photo but a malfunction like this may be due to the ribbon cable being knocked out or a gimbal motor being damaged - I would definitely look into getting this shipped to a credible repair centre for a diagnostic check and repair - a ribbon cable will be a cheap fix but anything mechanical may require a new gimbal unit and that won't be cheap. If you still intend on selling it I'd suggest using a DJI authorised repair centre to ensure the repair is 100% otherwise if the new owner experiences a malfunction soon after purchase you may have a return claim on your hands! Alternatively, sell it as it is to the current buyer who knows the score and adjust the price accordingly. Good luck.  
2019-8-15
Use props
winkiel82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3949022 ft
Poland

Sorry to hear that.
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the incident happen to your drone. I will highly recommend you to send the drone to us for diagnostics. You may refer to the link below to contact our designated team. We will conduct an evaluation of your drone for us to find out what would be the possible reason for the problem and then the corresponding resolution will be provided. Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!
2019-8-15
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Australia

A J Posted at 8-15 00:39
That is probably the worst and most unfortunate timing to crash a drone I've seen (at the point of sale) - sorry to read that. This appears to be a hardware fault now given that even the gimbal calibration can't complete. One can only guess looking at a photo but a malfunction like this may be due to the ribbon cable being knocked out or a gimbal motor being damaged - I would definitely look into getting this shipped to a credible repair centre for a diagnostic check and repair - a ribbon cable will be a cheap fix but anything mechanical may require a new gimbal unit and that won't be cheap. If you still intend on selling it I'd suggest using a DJI authorised repair centre to ensure the repair is 100% otherwise if the new owner experiences a malfunction soon after purchase you may have a return claim on your hands! Alternatively, sell it as it is to the current buyer who knows the score and adjust the price accordingly. Good luck.

I’ve been travelling, so apologies for the delay in replying, AJ. Yes, as far as timing goes, epically bad!  I’ll try and find somewhere that can do the repair in Sydney, as I don’t really want to ship it abroad and then sell it, so if anyone out there knows of a good place in Sydney, I’m all ears. Mechanically it looks and feels fine, so I’m hoping it’s nothing serious/expensive.
2019-8-18
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Australia

winkiel82 Posted at 8-15 02:54
Sorry to hear that.

Thanks. My Big Doh Moment! ;)
2019-8-18
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-15 10:49
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the incident happen to your drone. I will highly recommend you to send the drone to us for diagnostics. You may refer to the link below to contact our designated team. We will conduct an evaluation of your drone for us to find out what would be the possible reason for the problem and then the corresponding resolution will be provided. Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!

Hi Gamora. No link attached. But do you have a Sydney repair centre? Not really keen to ship this and it is out of warranty.
2019-8-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GMG Posted at 8-18 14:54
I’ve been travelling, so apologies for the delay in replying, AJ. Yes, as far as timing goes, epically bad!  I’ll try and find somewhere that can do the repair in Sydney, as I don’t really want to ship it abroad and then sell it, so if anyone out there knows of a good place in Sydney, I’m all ears. Mechanically it looks and feels fine, so I’m hoping it’s nothing serious/expensive.

Good luck to you
2019-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GMG Posted at 8-18 14:58
Hi Gamora. No link attached. But do you have a Sydney repair centre? Not really keen to ship this and it is out of warranty.

Hi, we're sorry that I was unable to post the link that you need. You can check below for the details on how to contact our support team. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

https://www.dji.com/support

2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules