Osmo Pocket Newbie August 19 - Best Set Up & Current Accessories?
902 8 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Puma937
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Recently purchased the Osmo Pocket from the deal at Jessops for £246.10, plus a free PGYTECH Mini case. I've also just received the DJI accessory kit.

I know the question has probably been asked numerous times, but as the Pocket has been out for some time is there a current 'Optimum' accessory set up?

What are the current best accessories to add - best case, tripod, filters etc....?
Should I go PolarPro for filters or get the ND ones from DJI? I just want a maximum of 4 to cover various weather and there are so many to choose from.

In addition, most of the quick tips out there seem to be over 6 months old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I haven't even opened the box yet.
Cheers
2019-8-15
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Maybe it would help if you had specific needs that you would expect the Osmo Pocket to do.
Everyone seems to have different uses and methods of using their own Pockets so I would assume advice will vary.
I've bought ND filters but haven't used them for fear of losing them in the environments I've found myself in. An external mic with decent wind protection might be of consideration depending if you like talking or recording local sounds.
Tell us what you like doing and it may help others to help you.
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think all the accessory add ons would turn the Pocket into a better stabilized recording tool, so you can't go wrong with any of them.
2019-8-15
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would say a set of ND, I went with the PgyTech ND-PL set. I would hold off on anything else till you have a chance to use the OP a bit and look at the results, then you can decide on what else you need.
2019-8-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely look into ND filters with so much motion blur to control at ground level
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need in regard to this query. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-15
Use props
Puma937
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 8-15 05:40
Maybe it would help if you had specific needs that you would expect the Osmo Pocket to do.
Everyone seems to have different uses and methods of using their own Pockets so I would assume advice will vary.
I've bought ND filters but haven't used them for fear of losing them in the environments I've found myself in. An external mic with decent wind protection might be of consideration depending if you like talking or recording local sounds.

No interest in vlogging, just purely holiday locations and places of interest that I might visit - e.g. Cinematic sequences.

Also as a means to record my favourite golf courses (whilst playing) and as a tool to record practice sessions at the range (tripod required).
2019-8-15
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Play, use, experiment  and have FUN with your OP for a while first. Then you'll most likely figure out what kind of accessories you really need (and not a lot of stuff that will end up collecting dust). That being said, a nice set of ND filters will probably always be useful.
2019-8-16
Use props
Puma937
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Picked up some bargains at laptopsdirect (same as dronesdirect):- laptopsdirect - Osmo Pocket Accessories

Polar Pro WiFi Tripod Adapter £9.95
Polar Pro Minimalist Case £14.95
DJI OSMO Pocket ND Filters Set £37.95
Polar Pro Tripod Mount £18.95
2019-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules