6999 42 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wlAristo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2562 ft
Poland

Hello.

Few days ago I get my Mavic Air Drone with Fly More Combo set.

I'm having troubles with disconnecting my AC from RC, the notification on DJI GO 4 APP says: "Aircraft Disconnected",
then the screen turn black, I do loss control of my drone and it starts to do auto RTH.

I've tried a lot of things to fix it by myself. Hours, and hours on Google, threads, videotutorials but still I have a problem
which makes me disappointed pilot.

Let's start from the beginning!

My checklist before fly:
- ensure that weather conditions are fine
- ensure that the battery on RC and AC is full or near 100%
- GPS/IMU calibration if needed
- extending the antennas on AC
- extending the antennas on RC (vertical, pointed perpendicular to the AC which is the best position I can use)
- turn on AC, then turn on RC and waiting till red led on RC turns into green (sometimes it happen after a few seconds, other time I have to wait a few minutes)
- ensure that 10-15+ satellites are connected to have a good GPS signal
- check for the WiFi channel is there are any interferences, change to the other if needed (flying with 2.4 GHz using FCC on UE).

Then i connect my RC to the mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy A70) via USB - USB-C cable from the bottom of RC instead the side port, the apps starts and I hit Go Fly.

I did already 9 flights and all of them ends because of "Aircraft Disconnected" information on my DJI GO 4 APP and auto RTH.
- the shortest flight makes my AC disconnect after 9 seconds! (no more than 3m distance)
- the longest flight makes my AC disconnect after 6 minutes... (no more than 50m distance, 10m of altitude)

Things I've been trying to fix the disconnecting problem:
- reinstall the firmware (refresh method) using DJI ASSISTANT 2 to my AC
- reinstall the firmware (refresh method) using DJI ASSISTANT 2 to my RC
- relink again the AC and RC
- using a brand new, solid USB - USB-C cable instead of the fabric one Micro USB - USB-C (read that it may cause a trouble but it occurs still)
- switch to FCC instead of CE to get a more powerful signal
- flying in different zones (places where there are less interferences from other signals)

Really I dont know what else I can try. I think that i read every single topic that had the similar problem but there were no fix for me.

To be honest I was really excited of getting my MA but right now I'm scary of any flights because the signal loss problem occurs really often.

Looking forward for help or suggestions what else I can try.

2019-8-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Have you tried different locations?  If you have I'd take it back to the shop.
2019-8-15
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 8-15 04:34
Have you tried different locations?  If you have I'd take it back to the shop.

Yes, I do. Especially last location was in the park where I saw a few days ago people flying their drones at really high altitude and distance.
2019-8-15
Use props
Vofas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

Try changing the cable between RC and smartphone. And one more thing: does the green LED on RC after the appearance of the inscription "Aircraft Disconnected" turn red?
2019-8-15
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

Vofas Posted at 8-15 05:50
Try changing the cable between RC and smartphone. And one more thing: does the green LED on RC after the appearance of the inscription "Aircraft Disconnected" turn red?

Already tried with two different wires. Yes, after I get Aircraft disconnected message the led on the RC turns red.
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try to recalibrate the compass and IMU at the flying site each time before you fly...
2019-8-15
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-15 06:00
Try to recalibrate the compass and IMU at the flying site each time before you fly...

Its my before fly check. I do this every time.
2019-8-15
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

Just to be sure; the app indicates a disconnect, but does the AC respond to RC input - that is, if you command it to go backward by pulling right lever towards you, does it fly backwards? I frequently get the msg of disconnect, but I can still fly/direct the AC with the RC - something in the video stream is mssd up, but RC-AC are still connected.
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

wlAristo Posted at 8-15 06:01
Its my before fly check. I do this every time.

Then you should be really good then.
2019-8-15
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

DJ-MA Posted at 8-15 07:12
Just to be sure; the app indicates a disconnect, but does the AC respond to RC input - that is, if you command it to go backward by pulling right lever towards you, does it fly backwards? I frequently get the msg of disconnect, but I can still fly/direct the AC with the RC - something in the video stream is mssd up, but RC-AC are still connected.

Unfortunately it doesnt respond to any moves, the green LED turns to red and i get Aircraft Disconnected message in my app in the same time.
2019-8-15
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-15 07:28
Then you should be really good then.

Well, if so i would not look for help )) I think i am very careful with every step that I should take and for now it seems that my RC and AC connection is really poor no matter what zone i try to fly using 2.4 GHz WiFi mode and FCC.
2019-8-15
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

wlAristo Posted at 8-15 07:28
Unfortunately it doesnt respond to any moves, the green LED turns to red and i get Aircraft Disconnected message in my app in the same time.

Have you inspected your logs for hints? healthydrones.com gives quite a decent digest of the log file, including signal errors
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

wlAristo Posted at 8-15 07:30
Well, if so i would not look for help )) I think i am very careful with every step that I should take and for now it seems that my RC and AC connection is really poor no matter what zone i try to fly using 2.4 GHz WiFi mode and FCC.

There's really nothing more you can do to troubleshoot the drone if you run through those basic checks as DJI Support will tell you, and thus they'll instruct you to ship in the drone for service?..
2019-8-15
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

DJ-MA Posted at 8-15 07:34
Have you inspected your logs for hints? healthydrones.com gives quite a decent digest of the log file, including signal errors

I have investigate all my 9 flight logs and there was only warnings about battery level (which is ok) and the second type of: Extra payload detected. Flight performance will be affected. Fly with caution.

There was no warnings about any signal loss at all.
2019-8-15
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

check it in short range
2019-8-15
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

wlAristo Posted at 8-15 08:08
I have investigate all my 9 flight logs and there was only warnings about battery level (which is ok) and the second type of: Extra payload detected. Flight performance will be affected. Fly with caution.

There was no warnings about any signal loss at all.

Not even a minor signal error? Note that these are not the typical warnings, but is inferred from the logs (app.airdata.com). If there is not even a minor error and it is still abruptly lost, I'm afraid you'll have to start a warranty case ... (otherwise, there is a gigantic source of interference closeby)

"Signal Strength Map - green is good signal, orange is fair, red is poor and purple is very poor. It calculates signal strength based on the connection to the remote - it searches for signal loss based on minor signal interruptions:"
2019-8-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

assuming all the antennas are unfolded on the drone (front legs) and the controller and antennas on controller are flat siding facing you and forward and @ 45 degree angle

this is one of the reasons i just sold my mavic air and am upgrading to mavic 2 pro.    wifi however "enhanced" it maybe just too limiting and prone to issues..  while out away from interference i can push it decently far but as soon as anything in between mavic air and the controller signal takes a nose dive in quality and soon to disconnect.  or sometimes worse, stays connected but lags your last few commands and control inputs over and over again causing the drone to continue to fly off into the distance until full disconnection or a crash or until it catches itself...
2019-8-15
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

DJ-MA Posted at 8-15 08:36
Not even a minor signal error? Note that these are not the typical warnings, but is inferred from the logs (app.airdata.com). If there is not even a minor error and it is still abruptly lost, I'm afraid you'll have to start a warranty case ... (otherwise, there is a gigantic source of interference closeby)

"Signal Strength Map - green is good signal, orange is fair, red is poor and purple is very poor. It calculates signal strength based on the connection to the remote - it searches for signal loss based on minor signal interruptions:"

There were a few minor errors but the whole flying signal was reported as green line and at the end suddenly the connection was lost and AirCraft was disconnected.

I attach the signal map here.
Screenshot_20190815-201619_Chrome.jpg
2019-8-15
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

wlAristo Posted at 8-15 10:19
There were a few minor errors but the whole flying signal was reported as green line and at the end suddenly the connection was lost and AirCraft was disconnected.

I attach the signal map here.[Image]

I also attach more screenshot
Screenshot_20190815-202316_Chrome.jpg
2019-8-15
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

wlAristo Posted at 8-15 10:26
I also attach more screenshot[Image]

Screenshot_20190815-202325_Chrome.jpg
2019-8-15
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

Perhaps a silly question, however....

Have you tried attaching your phone to the RC prior to powering it on? Then bring up the app, turn on the RC and then the MA. The MA will do it's self check/boot up and then connect. I have done this since day #1 and have had minimal problems. I do the same for M2Zoom.
2019-8-15
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

My problem was my phone . My iphone 6 lightning port can charge but just cannot data connect (end up using a ipad ) , could that be a possible that problem ?  
2019-8-15
Use props
Vofas
lvl.4
Russia

wlAristo Posted at 8-15 05:51
Already tried with two different wires. Yes, after I get Aircraft disconnected message the led on the RC turns red.

Then, most likely, such a problem should be addressed to the service center.
2019-8-15
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

wlAristo Posted at 8-15 10:19

I attach the signal map here.

Thanks. Robust signal throughout. This clearly is not a radio-link problem, but a software problem. Have you attempted to restart the app when this happens, or tried a different phone?
2019-8-16
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

DJ-MA Posted at 8-16 01:42
Thanks. Robust signal throughout. This clearly is not a radio-link problem, but a software problem. Have you attempted to restart the app when this happens, or tried a different phone?

Yeah, tried all of combinations. Today i did two more flights.

First on 2.4ghz FCC and got Aircratt Disconnected after 1 minute of flight in the radius of 20m, RC led turns led and i lost any control of my AC, it did RTH.

Second one on 5.8 GHz FCC, got AirCraft disconnected after 30 seconds of flight, RC led turns red, also I lost control of any moves to AC, it did auto RTH and had trouble landing (hovering at 0.5m height ovrr RTH point but no landing while hovrring for a minute. I took it by my hands and turn off.

I attach the screenshot of last flight log.

Seriously I think about return it to the shop next Monday.
Screenshot_20190816-130049_Chrome.jpg
2019-8-16
Use props
Vofas
lvl.4
Russia

DJ-MA Posted at 8-16 01:42

The application is clearly not to blame. The connection between the drone and the RC is lost. This is indicated by a change in the color of the indicator on the RC from green to red, as described in post # 6. If the warranty is valid, then of course you need to make a return to the store.
2019-8-16
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

wlAristo Posted at 8-16 03:02
Yeah, tried all of combinations. Today i did two more flights.

First on 2.4ghz FCC and got Aircratt Disconnected after 1 minute of flight in the radius of 20m, RC led turns led and i lost any control of my AC, it did RTH.

That's just silly, shouldn't be like that. Did you also try a different phone? If that also gives the same, I'd return it to the shop and get a new one ...
2019-8-16
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

DJ-MA Posted at 8-16 03:08
That's just silly, shouldn't be like that. Did you also try a different phone? If that also gives the same, I'd return it to the shop and get a new one ...

Yeah I did, and the same AirCraft disconnected. Even try to reinstall the app a few times, reboot the phone, the app. Same results. No way to fly without troubles.

Anyway it goes on Monday back to the shop.
2019-8-16
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

I uploaded my today first flight to the youtube, this is how it looks every single time,

Here is the link:
https://youtu.be/R9F_S5gpHj0
2019-8-16
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

wlAristo Posted at 8-16 09:57
I uploaded my today first flight to the youtube, this is how it looks every single time,

Here is the link:

pack the thing, bring your proof or purchase and get a new one, from the store (no dji blabla-they will deal with that), this combo is bad, better luck with a new one!
2019-8-16
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

Today I did one more flight at another place 200km far from the last try.

Before flight I did:
- reinstall DJ Go 4 app
- login to my DJ account
- relink RC and AC
- compass calibration
- imu calibration

Then I've been flying for a 2 minutes in the radiua of 30m and then instantly got aircraft disconnected message in my app. Then the RC turns red solid LED and I saw that AC led on the tail turns yellow and starts to blink quickly.

After AC has landed by RTH,  I couldnt link it again (tried twice, but time expired after 60s of try). However, after I shut off and on the RC it could not connect to AC anymore (tried three times) until I rebooted the AC then RC was able to reconnect anf establish the connection to AC so the led was solid green. Anyway I did not any more flights....

Tomorrow Im returning it to the shop for warranty.

2019-8-18
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

It is purposefully soft programmed to obscure aircraft disconnects.
Understand the rationale why it is so.
The most you'll examine logs is signal weak please orient antennae favorably
2019-8-24
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2

Hello there.

I'm here for a little update.

After almost 1 month of waiting for my mavic air to be repaired by service centre - they send me brand RC instead of previous broken one.

Today the weather was great so I did all of the firmware updates within my home using Dji Assistant 2 (on my pc)
and then head to the open area for a test flight.

Unfortunally, problem with aircraft disconnected still exists (after couple of seconds in the air).

Here is the link to the video

However, every time I turn on my RC (brand new) it starts beeping until I do RC calibrate.

What's more - RC calibration doesnt fix the problem because after the reboot beeping still occurs.
Now in flight my drone is flying backwards without any pressure of my thumbs into the RC sticks.

Tomorrow it goes to the service centre again.

I am really bored and annoyed of this situation.

2019-9-22
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2

If someone is also interested - here is the problem I have with calibration my RC:

2019-9-22
Use props
djiuser_MhxtwP2EpmRt
New
Indonesia

hope you managed to get this resolved, I am now experiencing exactly what you describe in your post , any recommendations /tips on how to fx this? thanks a lot!
2019-11-19
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Poland

djiuser_MhxtwP2EpmRt Posted at 11-19 19:33
hope you managed to get this resolved, I am now experiencing exactly what you describe in your post , any recommendations /tips on how to fx this? thanks a lot!

I've send it under warranty to the service, they replaced Mavic Air and the Remote Controller and now it's okay. 99% sure that you will not be able to fix it by yourself so it's better and faster to send it to the service.
2019-11-24
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

KindOfLatentButHere'sRecentKnowledgeGainedConcerningAcRcDisConnections.
DisplayTheAirSpaceCorridorMappedAndSeeWhetherTheBoundariesCauseDisConnections.
ItDoesMatchDisConnectionsAsIfTheMappingBoundariesTriggerDisConnections.
ToValidateThisKnowledgeGoFlyWhereSuchMappingBoundariesAreAbsentCompletely.
ThereYouWillAgreeTheDisConnectionCanNotResult,RadiusLeashedWithinSpec.
SoMyTakeIsTheSoftwareMappingBoundariesCauseDisConnects.
YouWillAlsoSee2.4GhzWhenBoundariesAreNotExistent.
5.8GhzAppearsAlwaysInMappedTurfOfCorridors.
2019-11-26
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Well...try this last one trick...
Change the memory card you are using..
I use to use a Lexar 633x. At some point the Lexar had a lock problem wich make the card useless. The responce to the Mavic air was that it refuses to connect with controller. I' ve changed it with a new memory card (Sandisk) and the problem solved like butter.
Try it at least as a final hope.
John
2019-11-26
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

https://www.dronezon.com/diy-drone-repair-videos/dji-innovation-drones/how-to-fix-dji-mavic-pro-disconnect-issues-problems/

&

https://www.dronezon.com/diy-drone-repair-videos/dji-innovation-drones/how-to-fix-dji-mavic-pro-disconnect-issues-problems/
2019-12-12
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

FatiguingElexCircuitryIsTheTrueCause
EvenBroadcastingElexAreSwappedOutDueToElexFatigue.
YouWouldNeedToMeasureNew&UsedRadiatedFieldEnergies
ThatShowsDepreciatedPowerFlux
BothSidesRadiateEnergies,TheRc,TheDrone,BothSidesListenForTheOtherSidesRadiatedEnergiesSoThatsWhyOrientRcAntennaeFavorably
2019-12-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules