Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Feature request DJI Vision App
6605 27 2014-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hi all,

Maybe we have some ideas and tips to make the Vision App better and better. So lets start a feature request list:

• Dissable shut down motor position of the RC remote sticks when the Phantom registered he is for example 1meter above the ground. When it starts up the Phantom knows his alltidude and when its in the sky then the Phantom knows when you do the shutdown command it will not shutdown the motors. (sometimes people do this without knowing... and then we have a crash the ground youtube video) (poudenes)
  • Build a POI option in the Vision App. This will bring the Phantom 2 Vision + to a higher level so you can make more stunning video's. (poudenes)
  • Temporary increase/decrease the distance of Cource Lock. Now its 10m. But if you can change this in de App to 5meter for example so you can do lot more with your Phantom. (poudenes)
  • Rebuild the Vision App so it wil show like a real iPad app as well. (poudenes)
  • Follow me functionality (SkyCap)
  • Within a WaiPoint flight function to rotate your Phantom so you can film 360degrees and tilt it where and when you want.(Samir.Ghosh)(hd_ultra)
  • Always the 7th channel enable to tilt camera even when Vision APP is active (Tony)
  • A different sound when GPS sattelites will be 6 and other sound when <6. When you look to the Phantom then you can hear when sattelites drop down, so you can react on the movement. Phantom will react different in the sky without GPS.. otherwise you have to look everytime if there is enough GPS signal en with bright sun that will not be easy.
  • GPS Datra logfiles within DJI Vision App (dbennet)
  • Turn off lights when connected to USB, or a other light signal to let you know its connected to USB (msnek100)
  • Save Waypoint missions for ground station. (erikgraham)
  • Create waypoint missions inside DJI Vision for later use, and/or create them on PC/Mac and sync into DJI Vision app. (erikgraham)
  • Possiblity to zoom closer to the map. To setup better accurate waypoints. (erikgraham)
  • Option for zoom the camera (digital in DJI vision app) (erikgraham)
  • Set a fixed exposure, so when light dark change fast it not takes a while when video is settle down again (clematide)

Please be free to send me a PM so i can add the Feature Request and add your name. So we can discuss about it as well but all new Feature Requests will add ...
(i dont have to look every time in posts for new features)

Added in Firmware 3.08 (27-11-2014):
  • Temporary change the limit of failsafe mode (20meter). When you fly arround a building with waypoints and suddenly the Phantom start his Failsafe for a reason. When the building you fly arround is higher then 20meter, the Phantom will fly and hit that building. So temporary change this so you can make it higher then the Phantom will go to new point and can fly over the building.

2014-9-19
Use props
SkyCap
New

Ukraine

It'l be great to have FollowMe function
2014-9-20
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkyCap Posted at 2014-9-21 02:02
It'l be great to have FollowMe function

You cannot do a FollowMe function with the current hardware. There is nothing in the Phantom or controller that would allow the Phantom to know where the controller is.
2014-9-20
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2014-9-21 14:13
You cannot do a FollowMe function with the current hardware. There is nothing in the Phantom or co ...

Or the Vision APP have to send every time the new GPS location addresses to the Phantom...  But then you will create a delay i guess.. (im not that technical...)
2014-9-21
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

I'm all for being able to YAW while in waypoint flying. It should have been there from the start.
2014-9-22
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

No new featured request?
2014-9-28
Use props
poudenes
New

Netherlands

Maybe for the developers the first post is interesting. Send most of the feature request to DJI europe already
2014-10-11
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

I think a kill-switch in the motors would be good after a crash. Rather than have the props grinding away and eating dirt, why not cut the motors automatically when it's obvious that the copter has just had a splat event. This would also save battery power, meaning that you have a fighting chance that you'll locate your downed copter's wi-fi during a search later.
2014-10-14
Use props
msnek100
New

Czechia

Hi,

first of all -- thank you for your great product. I have P2V+ and although still a beginner I would really appreciate the ability of the DJI Vision App to store the complete flight telemetry (mainly the GPS coordinates and Phantom orientation) into some readable file format (as has been already suggested by dbennet above). And another minor feature -- it would be great if the Phantom lights were turned-off automatically (or at least could have been turned-off manually) while it is connected via USB to computer. Thanks.
2014-10-24
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

msnek100: Add your request as well at the feature list
2014-10-25
Use props
erikgraham
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55128 ft
United States

1.  I'd like the ability to save missions in ground station.
This would allow me to capture video of the same terrain at different times of year.

2. I'd like the ability to set up missions ahead of time, either inside the DJI app, or on a PC/Mac, then sync to app.

3.  The ability to freely rotate the drone during a mission,  while it still goes from waypoint to way point.  I realize that if you quickly rotate the drone, it may temporarily take the drone off course, but this would be OK.

4. The ability to zoom in a little closer on the map in the iPhone app (when setting up a mission).

5. The ability to zoom the camera.
2014-11-4
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

Erikgraham. Add your request into the list. The rotation option was already add in the list. The zoom of camera cannot, because the camera cannot zoom. Asked it as digital zoom, zoom into the DJI vision app . If thats what you mean?
2014-11-5
Use props
Kyndby
New

Denmark

peteroudenes Posted at 2014-11-5 20:10
Erikgraham. Add your request into the list. The rotation option was already add in the list. The zoo ...

Changing Homepoint (follow the remote) like on the inspire one
HDMI out on remote (to easy connect FPV equipment)
2014-11-15
Use props
Kyndby
New

Denmark

Changing Homepoint (follow the remote) like on the inspire one
HDMI out on remote (to easy connect FPV equipment)
2014-11-15
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

No more new features to request ?
2014-11-27
Use props
JSamJr
New

United States

peteroudenes Posted at 2014-11-28 14:49
No more new features to request ?

Make the Vision app work with iPad.  Now the picture resolution is so bad it is useless
2014-12-3
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

@ JSamJr That request is already add in the list
2014-12-4
Use props
clematide
New

Switzerland

Fix exposure:

Hi, would be realy great If you could add a Feature that let me fix the exposure of the camera during Video recording (using the Phantom 2 Vision+). Sometimes, when the brightness is changing very fast (for example when filming water with sun) the Video is flickering or changing in 1 second four times from darker to brighter, and so on. thank you very much. Andreas
2014-12-18
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

Clematide: Add your feature request as well in the list
2014-12-20
Use props
r.embden
New

Netherlands

My biggest wish is to be able to (manually) rotate the phantom during ground station missions!
2014-12-26
Use props
raysmitheclipse
New

United States

2014-12-29 07:40

Import waypoint list into app to fly to exact points or fly accurate grid.
What would really be nice would be to import a .CSV or .TXT file with a list of the LAT/Long points in decimal degrees into the app. This would seem very easy to add to the app. This way the Phantom would have the exact and correct points of property corners or points of interest that could be taken from Google Earth or GIS software. Then each of these points would become the center of any pictures taken when looking straight down and could be geo-referenced into other software. Also, this would make flying an exact grid very possible and increace accuracy in data collection.

2014-12-28
Use props
meekins.email
New

United States

IOS and Google

Google maps option within IOS system, apple maps are just so old!
I don't think you can select Google maps as default.
2015-1-20
Use props
sd_neo.email
New

United Kingdom

Only just got my pv2 +. And I am new here. But I have asked dji to consider putting a new feature in the app.

If the app could show the home point that the drone has recorded I beleive this would be very useful. Not only would you know exactly where the drone thinks is home (stops any false marking of home points if that even occurs) but for those that are changing the home point on the go, this would be clearly updated/indicated so the pilot knows that it has been properly accepted.

It could be an extra safety step before take off that the user checks the home point logged by the drone.

Hope others think this could be useful as well. And more hope Dji take the idea on board
2015-1-21
Use props
paulhurst
New

Canada

I would like to see the ability to set a watermark on the video being recorded.
2015-1-30
Use props
Thampiss.gmail
New

Canada

I'd like if DJI could offer all their Android apps , particularly DJI Vision and Ground Station as Playbook (.bar) files for side loading. It would enable the use of a high resolution  tablet with a HDMI port as a monitor. The process is quite easy, however the app developer has to request code signing keys from RIM.
2015-2-1
Use props
SimonHK
New

United Kingdom

Hi all, newbie here, only had three flights, all successful, but already there are glaring omissions in the app. Oh and ...amazing bit of kit isn't it? To think how far this technology has come in only five years....

Anyway, the most obvious one is the yaw control whilst on a mission, (how did they miss this!!) or a "point camera at this spot" feature on the app. This could work on a per waypoint basis. The quad is perfectly able to point in one direction whilst moving in another.

The Satellite indicator is tiny tiny tiny. It needs to be huge, it's *very* important.

The waypoints need a way to be "nudged" around - the iphone screen is way too small for any kind of accuracy, and on the ipad the res is awful (App needs to be written for Ipad of course). I know the way points can be edited as lat/long, but that is something that takes a while to get used to.

The waypoint height is too difficult to set accurately with the slider - make the slider much longer or be able to set it as text.

We need a "pause at waypoint for x seconds" option.  I will be using the Phantom for checking microwave link viability, amongsyt other things. I need to be able to stop and look  in a certain direction.

If the camera screen area was smaller, it would look better and there would be more room on the app for bigger indicators - battery, satellites etc...

The app in general is too "toy" like in appearance. This is not a toy! Users need to see this as a piece of machinery that can do serious damage if not treated with respect!!

The home point indicator is a great idea.
The CSV/text waypoint import is a great idea.
In fact all of the above posts are good I think, but we will have to wait for a zoomable lens....
And yes, turn the flashing lights off when connected to USB, effing annoying!!

See you up there
S
2015-2-4
Use props
defnur
lvl.1

Russia

Hello.
I would love to use my smartphone as FPV glasses. But Vision App has to support stereoscopic display mode. I suppose it's not difficult to do that - just to split screen in 2 sides with an appropriate option in preferences.

Can you make such a cool feature? Or maybe I should create a new topic for this request?
Thank you.
2015-4-15
Use props
Stone
New

United States

Ok, I'm probably not the only one whose done this--excitedly remove the SD card and pop it into the computer only to realize I FORGOT TO HIT RECORD?!

How about a feature to mute the FPV feed while recording is not in progress. Or it could be at a higher opacity in the idle state. It was really frustrating to get home and have no footage, that's a lot of the fun for me.
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules