Phantom 4 Pro Battery Repair ???
9291 8 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

Anyone out there have a lead on any 3rd party companies doing battery pack repair for Phantom 4 Pro batteries?  I have a battery that has been used only several times, properly cared for, that my Phantom 4 Pro says cannot be used for flight due to a ruptured cell.  I have only several flights done using this $ 169 battery and now it's trash?  Unacceptable!!!!  DJI service says I need to purchase a new one. Well of course they do!!!  At $ 169 that's some nice cash for a new battery, while I simply throw out the old one?  By the way the "defective" battery still charges just fine and can be used as a DC voltage source for charging cell phones, etc. with NO PROBLEM!!!  Seems like DJI needs to up it's game on batteries for sure.  Anyone have a source for cell replacements in these?  I'm all ears......
2019-8-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It is warrantied for six months.
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to know the issues you've had with your batteries. Kindly provide us the serial number via PM so we can further check on this? Looking forward to your response. Thank you in advance.
2019-8-15
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-15 14:15
Hi, sorry to know the issues you've had with your batteries. Kindly provide us the serial number via PM so we can further check on this? Looking forward to your response. Thank you in advance.

I've already gone through with that for your service department.  the battery is technically out of warranty.  It's 1 of 5 batteries all purchased at the same time and only this 1 has failed.  Looking for a 3rd party repair resource since DJI does not provide any battery refurb or service and would just rather sell me another $ 169 battery with a 6 month warranty.
2019-8-17
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it has a ruptured cell wouldn't it have caught on fire?
2019-8-24
Use props
sedeco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060653 ft
  • >>>
Egypt

see this
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=194242
2019-8-25
Use props
fans45b41f49
New
United Kingdom

I have two phantom 4 batteries that are completely dead (no LED lights whatsoever) after a long time in storage. I was just told by DJI that the repair would cost as much as new batteries??? This is totally unacceptable! These batteries were working perfectly well before I stored them.... Soooooooo disappointing!!!
2020-6-8
Use props
fans45b41f49
New
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2019-8-15 14:15
Hi, sorry to know the issues you've had with your batteries. Kindly provide us the serial number via PM so we can further check on this? Looking forward to your response. Thank you in advance.

Hi Diana, I have two phantom 4 batteries that are completely dead (no LED lights whatsoever) after a long time in storage. I was just told by DJI that the repair would cost as much as new batteries??? This is totally unacceptable! These batteries were working perfectly well before I stored them.... Soooooooo disappointing!!!
2020-6-8
Use props
hurricane500
New
United Kingdom

Yep same, but send a handful of times, stored through Covid, now both useless… no comeback ….
2022-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules