Is it possible yet to run DroneDeploy on RTK?
1230 7 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Looking into DroneDeploy and wondering if DJI has made it possible yet to run some third party apps.
I have a GL300L RC with CrystalSky 7.85, will it work with the RTK?

2019-8-15
Use props
thunr
lvl.2

United States

My understanding is that DroneDeploy will not work on the RTK. DroneDeploy's Android app relies on the Google Play Store to display map data so even if you load the APK, you won't be able to do any mission planning. I don't have a CrystalSky to test, but if you could load the Google Play Store it's possible you might be able to get it running.
2019-8-16
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

thunr Posted at 8-16 08:18
My understanding is that DroneDeploy will not work on the RTK. DroneDeploy's Android app relies on the Google Play Store to display map data so even if you load the APK, you won't be able to do any mission planning. I don't have a CrystalSky to test, but if you could load the Google Play Store it's possible you might be able to get it running.

Thank you.
I should clarify.
The RTK we are flying has the integrated display.
I also fly a P4P with the larger removable CrystalSky. Not the +.
So my second question was if anyone knows if the GL300L with removable display that I use for the P4P will work with the RTK Aircraft.
2019-8-16
Use props
StraightArrow10
lvl.2
United States

1Eagle Posted at 8-16 09:38
Thank you.
I should clarify.
The RTK we are flying has the integrated display.

Hello 1Eagle

I can confirm that the  P4P remote does not work with the Phantom RTK. They use different communication protocols. And I have tried....However I don’t know if the remote for the P4P V2 works. I’d be interested to see because they use the same OccuSync technology but I’m not sure if there would be other factors affecting the ability to link that remote with the RTK aircraft. I would love to know because the V2 remote is way cheaper then the RTK SDK remote that was recently released. If anyone knows that PLEASE let us know. Thanks to all who post on this forum as it has helped me tremendously!
2019-8-16
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

StraightArrow10 Posted at 8-16 13:03
Hello 1Eagle

I can confirm that the  P4P remote does not work with the Phantom RTK. They use different communication protocols. And I have tried....However I don’t know if the remote for the P4P V2 works. I’d be interested to see because they use the same OccuSync technology but I’m not sure if there would be other factors affecting the ability to link that remote with the RTK aircraft. I would love to know because the V2 remote is way cheaper then the RTK SDK remote that was recently released. If anyone knows that PLEASE let us know. Thanks to all who post on this forum as it has helped me tremendously!

Okay, I'm using the V2 controller. The Occusync video transmission is the same but I wonder about the radio frequency transmission. That is what controls the bird.
2019-8-16
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Won't work. As StraightArrow10 pointed out, if it did, there would be no motivation for DJI to market the more expensive RTK SDK controller they just released. Once folks found out they could just use a GL300L nobody would buy the RTK SDK.
The RTK controller has to talk to both the D-RTK 2 and the A/C.
2019-8-16
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

patiam Posted at 8-16 14:34
Won't work. As StraightArrow10 pointed out, if it did, there would be no motivation for DJI to market the more expensive RTK SDK controller they just released. Once folks found out they could just use a GL300L nobody would buy the RTK SDK.
The RTK controller has to talk to both the D-RTK 2 and the A/C.

Thank you for your reply patiam. I understand what is going on now.
I fly a P4P V2 and our surveyor flies the RTK. We are looking at getting DroneDeploy and I was just trying to figure out how he could use it to fly his bird. I have seen rumors that DJI  is working on letting 3rd party apps onto the P4P+ controller but I'm not sure what they are up to with the RTK. We are trying to get away from using DJI Go 4 because of the security warning. We have sensitive infrastructure.
Well I won't lose any sleep over it but it sure would be nice if they would get it together.
Thanks again.
Drone on and Drone safe.
2019-8-16
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

NP 1Eagle. Mind you I haven't tried it myself (I have access to both a P4P V2 and RTK) but I'm willing to bet an adult beverage that the remotes are not interchangeable based on the logic I mentioned.

I hear you regarding the desire for more GS options over the DJI ones. I'd say buy the SDK remote except I haven't read any success stories with it to date...
2019-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules