Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Action on a Mobile 3?
6345 8 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sequitur
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Any chance we could ever see the ability to mount an Osmo Action Camera on a Osmo Mobile 3?  I have an adapter which let's me mount the Action on most any current mobile phone gimbal.  However, there is no integration.

BUT

It seems reasonable that if the Mimo app can provide Active Track, etc. with a mobile phone it should be possible to integrate with the Action Camera.

THAT

Would be a game changer for me.  How about you?
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. As of this moment, the DJI Osmo Action is currently not compatible for DJI Osmo Mobile 3 since it is only designed for mobile devices. However, we will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-8-15
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-15 14:59
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. As of this moment, the DJI Osmo Action is currently not compatible for DJI Osmo Mobile 3 since it is only designed for mobile devices. However, we will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!

What a great idea
2019-8-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I don't see how the Action is going to bring the functions performed by the phone to the party.  Nice idea, but not one that would ever work.
2019-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern. Cheers!
2019-8-20
Use props
sequitur
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-18 02:24
I don't see how the Action is going to bring the functions performed by the phone to the party.  Nice idea, but not one that would ever work.

Technically, I don't see why you could not implement Active Track using the video feed from the Action Camera to drive the movement of the gimbal.  Is the phone sending location info by any means which the Action Camera can't duplicate?  The Action Camera communicates with my phone using the Mimo App, as does the Mobile 3.  Can the phone act as a proxy between the two?  Seems reasonable based on my understanding of the technology.  Even if Active Track were the only feature being integrated, it would make a fantastic selling point for marrying the Action Camera and Mobile 3.  And if DJI produced it's own version of an adapter to mount the Action Camera on the gimbal it would produce additional revenue.  If they could not use the phone as a proxy, perhaps they can build tech into a mounting adapter which handles the communications to integrate them.  I'd pay a modest sum to get such an adapter if it gives me Active Track for the Action Camera on a gimbal.  Besides, even with apps like Filmic Pro my ability to get things like 60 fps and control other elements of exposure are limited largely by my phone make / model and almost every phone I've looked at has something it can't do which the Action Camera could in terms of control.
2019-8-22
Use props
djiuser_NB5Eq6lk37sU
lvl.1
United States

sequitur Posted at 8-22 08:51
Technically, I don't see why you could not implement Active Track using the video feed from the Action Camera to drive the movement of the gimbal.  Is the phone sending location info by any means which the Action Camera can't duplicate?  The Action Camera communicates with my phone using the Mimo App, as does the Mobile 3.  Can the phone act as a proxy between the two?  Seems reasonable based on my understanding of the technology.  Even if Active Track were the only feature being integrated, it would make a fantastic selling point for marrying the Action Camera and Mobile 3.  And if DJI produced it's own version of an adapter to mount the Action Camera on the gimbal it would produce additional revenue.  If they could not use the phone as a proxy, perhaps they can build tech into a mounting adapter which handles the communications to integrate them.  I'd pay a modest sum to get such an adapter if it gives me Active Track for the Action Camera on a gimbal.  Besides, even with apps like Filmic Pro my ability to get things like 60 fps and control other elements of exposure are limited largely by my phone make / model and almost every phone I've looked at has something it can't do which the Action Camera could in terms of control.

Have you found something that can do this? I would like an action camera that can do object or face tracking even if it has to be paired with a gimbal. The osmo pocket can do it, but it is fragile

It seems no one ever goes into this aspect on YouTube videos. Maybe that's because no product can do it yet.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_2nqS3mC6YV48
New
United States

Hi,
I own both Osmo Mobile 3 and Osmo action and I cant hold them together. Its frustrating because I don't want to buy another gimble for my Osmo Action owning one. Please make them work together because I do not use my mobile for videos now, rather I have started using Osmo Action. Otherwise I will have to sell Osmo mobile 3 and buy the one which works with Osmo Action.
2020-6-15
Use props
fotodesign.pt
New

Portugal

why don't dji instead do a osmo solution like the zenmuse but only camera part to atach to the osmo. maybe something the mavic zoom camera with a proper mechanical zoom and not a digital one like the one in osmo action.
2021-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules