Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
D-RTK2 Base Station
4099 14 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
abullock1234
lvl.3

Australia

Has anyone found an App so you can use the D-RTK2 base as a rover Mode 3

For DJI I think this would be a nice addition to all your softare that uses the D-RTK2. this would allow you to collect the true Base station coordintes before starting the survey AND have the ability to record your true coordinates of any GCP's used in the survey.

I'm sure everyone who uses this system will Agree rather than having to call in a surveyor OR have another GPS unit on hand to collect this data
2019-8-15
Use props
patiam
Captain
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah this functionality was advertised as available on Day 1 for the system. But here we are 10+ months after its introduction and nobody I know of has gotten it to work...
2019-8-15
Use props
roadblock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1015115 ft
Australia

I have contacted DJI a number of times on this and received dismissive responses.  If the full advertised functionality is not released by the time our system hits 11 months old, I will be returning it to our dealer and seeking a refund.  Sick and tired of carting around extra hired gear to do the job of equipment that we own. D-RTK2 base is next to useless without this functionality.  The clock is ticking DJI.  2 months to go.
2019-8-20
Use props
djiuser_8lmFJ91UgSNR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34865 ft
United States

DJI put this feature on the base station but has not yet released software to use this function. It sucks that they have no timeline for this but in the meantime if you are setting up GCPs with it then you can use your remote controller to do this. go into the app on the RC and connect to the base station. as soon as it has an RTK fix it will display the number of sats it is connected to. if you have a helper hold the antenna on the monopod  and level the bubble you can view the lat long and elevation on the RC where it shows the RTK antenna at. the only issue is that you may need to turn off the drtk2 antenna when you move to the next location because it has an accelerometer in it that will tell you if it tipped over or is moving because of wind. i would assume that that feature is turned off in mode 3 but not certain about that.
2019-8-25
Use props
Mykee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37244 ft

The rtk base needs a function to collect data and average readings for an hour or more. I have checked the RTK base readings against a dual frequency GPS base sation and found that the z value bounces by  4-5 metres. AS stated above their claims in terms of accuracy are incorrect when the base co-ordinates they are using for correcting the photo centre co-ordinates are so variable.
2019-9-4
Use props
carlor
New
Italy

Hello everybody, it seems that with the latest firmware upgrade 0014 you coul now use the station as a rover.

Don't know how... someone has an idea?
2019-11-26
Use props
jivago
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

Hi,
Is there anyway to see what coordinate was set in DRTK-2 for each flight?

I mean something like log file for each flight.

regards,
2019-12-15
Use props
mbuonanno
Second Officer

Italy

jivago Posted at 12-15 01:39
Hi,
Is there anyway to see what coordinate was set in DRTK-2 for each flight?

Hi jivago,

I am not sure but please have a look at the RTKnnn.DAT files into the D-RTK2 internal memory, more precisely into the \log\userlog0\ directory or into \Log_Export\user_log\ after exporting the same files by means of DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom .

In theory, if you manually input the D-RTK2 coordinates, they should remain fixed.  But it could happen also in case of an average single-point position (status flag: 16) or (in the future when the 4G dongle will be supported by the D-RTK2) in case of a FIX NTRIP solution (status flag : 50).

RtkFlag or RTK status
0 - no positioning;
16 - single-point positioning mode;
34 - RTK float solution;
50 - RTK fixed solution

Cheers,
Maurizio
2019-12-16
Use props
jivago
Second Officer
Iran

mbuonanno Posted at 12-16 09:12
Hi jivago,

I am not sure but please have a look at the RTKnnn.DAT files into the D-RTK2 internal memory, more precisely into the \log\userlog0\ directory or into \Log_Export\user_log\ after exporting the same files by means of DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom .

I check it out and found my answer.

I  saw my input coordinates was wrong and correct it in processing software.

Thank you
2019-12-23
Use props
guillermomeiner
Captain

Argentina

Hi jivago, can you tell us where did you find the starion coordinates ?
2019-12-23
Use props
jivago
Second Officer
Iran

guillermomeiner Posted at 12-23 13:53
Hi jivago, can you tell us where did you find the starion coordinates ?

You can open *.dat file in log folder with notepad.

In log file, you can find your input coordinates.

Hint in order to find it easily: When you set coordinates, they repeated with 0 variance as long as D-RTK in on.
2019-12-24
Use props
guillermomeiner
Captain

Argentina

thanx jivago
2019-12-25
Use props
m_s
lvl.3

Germany

Does anyone know if the rover mode is now working? I'm using the latest firmware but I have not been able to connect to the base station when in rover mode.
2020-1-7
Use props
m_s
lvl.3

Germany

m_s Posted at 1-7 06:50
Does anyone know if the rover mode is now working? I'm using the latest firmware but I have not been able to connect to the base station when in rover mode.

I have now managed to use it. The base station is linked to the remote as a rover and I can actually walk and take measurements. However, it does not work to get the corrected data through my ntrip server. It says that connection to server was successful, however no coordinates are being received. When connected to the drone, the Ntrip connection works perfectly. Anyone encountered this problem?
2020-1-21
Use props
fans2cb81294
lvl.1
Flight distance : 352392 ft
United Kingdom

m_s Posted at 1-21 07:12
I have now managed to use it. The base station is linked to the remote as a rover and I can actually walk and take measurements. However, it does not work to get the corrected data through my ntrip server. It says that connection to server was successful, however no coordinates are being received. When connected to the drone, the Ntrip connection works perfectly. Anyone encountered this problem?

hi, how have you managed to get it to work as a rover as everytime I connect it on mode 3 and look at the app it says I need to link in ANOTHER d-rtk2 unit to use as a rover. and it will then highlight it on the front end (device management). It shows the aircraft connected and the ground station connected but this is mode 1. I know when connected the unit gives coordinates when you move around so are you confusing this with the rover mode?
2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules