Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vertical gimbal control intermittently gets stuck
442 2 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tankinnen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1893 ft
Australia

Hello. I have a Mavic Air that I have flown maybe 20 or 30 times. Recently I started having an issue with the gimbal but it is intermittent. One moment the vertical gimbal control works fine (in pre-flight tests for example) but a minute later either the vertical movement is restricted, or the gimbal fails to respond to the vertical gimbal control wheel on the RC at all. Auto calibration of the gimbal seems to suggest full freedom of movement (it seems to move to vertical and horizontal extremes with no problem and the calibration completes successfully) but when in flight the problem returns. I don't get any errors at the moment but I have seen the gimbal overloaded message a few times in the past.

I can't see this specific problem discussed anywhere - has anyone else had this problem or can recommend a fix? Drone has had one minor ground impact when it seemed to miscalculate ground level (IMU recal fixed that) and has been exposed to some dust (I am in North West Australia). Not sure if this can contribute?

Many thanks.

Tank.
2019-8-15
Use props
T-BOY
Flight distance : 1950633 ft
Turkey

overloaded error must be because of the gimball stuck. this error comes in front of me when i forget to take out gimball protector. your gimball may have some phisical problems check it while adjusting automaticly.
2019-8-16
Use props
QQRUCH
Captain
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Hello [tankinnen], the problem can be caused by dust in the gimbal area. Tiny gravel stones usually stay when taking off from dusty terrain.

Do you have something to breathe? (air blower) with this you can easily solve any obstruction.

https://www.amazon.com/Giottos-R ... maras/dp/B00017LSPI

Fly always sure!
2019-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules