Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
***Poll: Timestamps***
2094 23 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

good day to you i have a simple poll question that i'd like to pose to everyone. it isn't too difficult of an enhancement to DJI drones, in fact why couldn't it be a simple firmware update to the DJI GO 4 application? what i am referring to is Time Stamps. wouldn't it be nice to have the option to incorporate a time stamp at some location of the screen that keeps time in that time zone up to the second? wouldn't it be nice if it could be labeled as well to which time zone you are filming in? wouldn't it be nice to also have the option to incorporate perhaps a stopwatch as well? picture the screen showing the time in **London** **New York** and **wherever you might be in the world?** including perhaps also a stopwatch feature that can be included at someplace in the image, as well? this image enhancement, i'd imagine, could be a graphic tied to the internal flight log time algorithm when you look at your flight log in the GO 4 app, since DJI has that time information already journaled. why couldn't we make use of it on our videos? i'd like to sometimes film and have the final sd card version graphic embedded with the Time Stamp included that i shot in the video and my date that it was recorded is absolutely useful during some shots, particularly if you do contracted work and your client requests this kind of data for record keeping, which currrently you have to go back in post and insert a running clock that many who need this feature incorporated, do not know how to do themselves in post?
DJI - it's time to include that feature and this Poll will dictate the demand for such feature and its usefulness for many DJI drone owners and prospective customers in this segment...
Poll:

-Do you think it's time DJI should incorporate, and provide, the option to include Time Stamps on videos which perhaps can be a firmware update into the DJI GO 4 Application?

Single SelectVote, Total 34 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

44.12% (15)
29.41% (10)
26.47% (9)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-8-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Can you not just use the video caption feature.   It records time, camera settings etc as subtites you can optionally turn on later.
2019-8-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just click over the frame in my Mac and tap 'get info' and it tells me the date and time the footage/still was taken with a host of info on the camera settings that I used to create the frame.
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-15 23:07
Can you not just use the video caption feature.   It records time, camera settings etc as subtites you can optionally turn on later.

That's still not a nice graphic that blends into the video properly like mileage and distance and speed like on the DJI GO 4 application. Instead, those graphics can be replaced on the drone sd card video that has the Time Stamp replaced in its place with time and date as well as adding the time of another location you could customize in the app???
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-15 23:13
I just click over the frame in my Mac and tap 'get info' and it tells me the date and time the footage/still was taken with a host of info on the camera settings that I used to create the frame.

Yes, it is possible to find out the time and date information in the file folder that is if it wasn't sometimes corrupted if the drone lost connection and the recording Time Stamp became inaccurate? I think DJI should include Time Stamp options based from the DJI GO 4 app because it is running on accurate information likely from the dedicated GPS module inside the drone????
2019-8-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-15 23:54
That's still not a nice graphic that blends into the video properly like mileage and distance and speed like on the DJI GO 4 application. Instead, those graphics can be replaced on the drone sd card video that has the Time Stamp replaced in its place with time and date as well as adding the time of another location you could customize in the app???

Something pretty would be nice to have I guess.
2019-8-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-15 23:56
Yes, it is possible to find out the time and date information in the file folder that is if it wasn't sometimes corrupted if the drone lost connection and the recording Time Stamp became inaccurate? I think DJI should include Time Stamp options based from the DJI GO 4 app because it is running on accurate information likely from the dedicated GPS module inside the drone????

I've never had a corrupted file but I guess that can happen
2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-16 00:01
Something pretty would be nice to have I guess.

Yes something pretty would be nice and it's not as if I''m suggesting I'd use it on every flight, but the ability to have that feature as an option to utilize when you want to document something at that particular time and date and moment then this feature would be most useful aside from any other features DJI would consider implementing to the Mavic 2 lineup?...just my two cents
2019-8-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-16 01:23
Yes something pretty would be nice and it's not as if I''m suggesting I'd use it on every flight, but the ability to have that feature as an option to utilize when you want to document something at that particular time and date and moment then this feature would be most useful aside from any other features DJI would consider implementing to the Mavic 2 lineup?...just my two cents

I wonder if it would detract from the M2 Enterprise, as that has some feature for securing recording locations/date/time etc.
2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-16 00:13
I've never had a corrupted file but I guess that can happen

I've had some corrupted files when I mix my GoPro and other camera recordings using the same Micro SD card with my DJI drones. It doesn't happen often I might have you, but it has been known to happen now and then. I also don't exactly trust the information on the file folder as being the exact time the recording occurred, is the time stamp on the file folder the time the recording started or stopped and what triggers the file to record the time stamp? DJI could implement much better Time Stamp functionality in the application that we can use as an enhancement, but I'd want the control of having it on my videos or not, not something that would be included without giving me the option to control whether I want it in the image or not....get my drift???
2019-8-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-16 01:27
I've had some corrupted files when I mix my GoPro and other camera recordings using the same Micro SD card with my DJI drones. It doesn't happen often I might have you, but it has been known to happen now and then. I also don't exactly trust the information on the file folder as being the exact time the recording occurred, is the time stamp on the file folder the time the recording started or stopped and what triggers the file to record the time stamp? DJI could implement much better Time Stamp functionality in the application that we can use as an enhancement, but I'd want the control of having it on my videos or not, not something that would be included without giving me the option to control whether I want it in the image or not....get my drift???

It will be a good option to have for those that need for sure.
2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-16 01:25
I wonder if it would detract from the M2 Enterprise, as that has some feature for securing recording locations/date/time etc.

It doesn't say on the website for the M2 Enterprise whether there's some type of built in Time Stamp, however, I would imagine DJI has already experimented with this feature and has chosen not to roll it out for whatever obvious reason. I just think they should give the user the ability to utilize the feature, not implement it completely by jamming it down our you know what....
2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-16 01:28
It will be a good option to have for those that need for sure.

That's all I'm trying to suggest here in this thread..just give us the ability to control that option on our videos, it shouldn't be too difficult to roll that feature out???
2019-8-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-16 01:32
That's all I'm trying to suggest here in this thread..just give us the ability to control that option on our videos, it shouldn't be too difficult to roll that feature out???

Always good to have options mate
2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-16 01:33
Always good to have options mate

Exactly my point. Always good to have options.
2019-8-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-16 01:38
Exactly my point. Always good to have options.

2019-8-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day David Martin Graff. Thank you for reaching out and creating this poll. I hope that you will get the best answer and information and from our valued DJI co members on there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you all for your valued support.
2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
  • >>>
United States

2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-16 08:00
Hello and good day David Martin Graff. Thank you for reaching out and creating this poll. I hope that you will get the best answer and information and from our valued DJI co members on there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you all for your valued support.

Your most welcome and thank you for providing the leadership and encouragement on these boards that contribute to making out drone experiences so much better!
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-17 12:15
Your most welcome and thank you for providing the leadership and encouragement on these boards that contribute to making out drone experiences so much better!

You are very much welcome David Martin Graff. Please stay safe always and keep on flying.
2019-8-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-18 08:36
You are very much welcome David Martin Graff. Please stay safe always and keep on flying.

Yes I will and thank you for your guidance.
2019-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-18 09:07
Yes I will and thank you for your guidance.

It is always my pleasure David Martin Graff. .
2019-8-18
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Yes it would be cool if just like GoPro cameras can put nice graphics with GPS (path, speed, acelerometer) and other info
2020-2-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2-22 03:30
Yes it would be cool if just like GoPro cameras can put nice graphics with GPS (path, speed, acelerometer) and other info

I agree thanks for your comment.
2020-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules