Mine's arrived already - and it's great!
752 12 2019-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've been playing with it for some time just around the house, and I'm very pleased.  I'm not sure I have much to add to what you might see on the YouTube reviews.  

Although the ancient iPhone 6 isn't on the compatible list, it works fine.  

The design of the jaws is such that they don't press on the volume button even though it goes slightly under the jaws to balance.  Balancing is pretty easy - BUT do follow the instructions - and you can fold the whole thing up with the phone attached between shots.  

One tip - if you have the quick menu option enabled, you just press the "M" button once and you can select the mode (phot, video, pano etc) and the gimbal mode from a full page screen.  You can operate that screen by sliding and tapping, or by using the joystick.  Press M again when your selection is ok.  

Also, it's worth configuring activetrack to be turned on by one press of the trigger.  If you don't set that, one press of the trigger does nothing, so you might as well have it working.  If it doesn't see a face it locks onto whatever is in the centre of the current view.

I have a Pocophone on order which should give better results than the iPhone 6.

2019-8-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats - enjoy!
2019-8-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

congrats,  would you say the build quality/feel was the same as Osmo mobile 2?
2019-8-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice to know that, have fun with it!
2019-8-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry, can't compare with anything else other than the Osmo Pocket!  It's my first phone gimbal, and I'd never even seen one before.
2019-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good luck, mine just confirmed arriving on Monday .
2019-8-16
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-16 02:26
Good luck, mine just confirmed arriving on Monday .

Greetings from New York, I considered every new release but for me none have been worthy , since my last investment, the mavic pro 2 . Hopefully DJI releases something that flys in the near future because I have cash that is burning a hole in my pocket, good luck and enjoy your new osmo...
2019-8-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for choosing DJI and for purchasing the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2019-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 8-16 03:24
Greetings from New York, I considered every new release but for me none have been worthy , since my last investment, the mavic pro 2 . Hopefully DJI releases something that flys in the near future because I have cash that is burning a hole in my pocket, good luck and enjoy your new osmo...

That little mini looks like the only drone we might see this side of Christmas, I reckon next year we might see some interesting stuff.
I’m not to sure anymore why I buy anything, but yes I think the M2 P is a great drone .
2019-8-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats
2019-8-16
Use props
i.ride.to.drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1717671 ft
Singapore

I got mine one day after i ordered it. 2 days ago
I like the compactness and the quality built of the OM 3. Importanly, the mino app work great.
Balancing it is so much easy
2019-8-17
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Congrats!
2019-8-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I received mine on Monday , my thoughts so far.
Size form factor, for a phone gimbal we must remember a phone in many cases is a similar width and height as a APSC Camera, so from this point of view it’s extremely compact.

Ease of setting up, it’s a breeze to set up from activation to balance to powering on and using , there’s nothing easier than this.

Mimo App, having used it with both Osmo pocket and Osmo Action , its exceptional and just like setting up it’s extremely easy to navigate.

Gimbal response, it’s incredibly responsive and parameters can be fine tuned in your app for your own specific use. Buttons,  

Value,  alum is exceptional when you consider mobile1 was upwards of €200 .

2019-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules