Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Some forums are saying Phantom 4 Pro V2 will be rereleased
12Next >
2894 54 2019-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HiTcHy
lvl.1
United States

Some forums are saying the Phantom 4 Pro V2 will possibly be re-released in September with a few upgrades.  I'm holding off on buying a Mavic hoping I can get the new Phantom.  Anyone know anything about this?
2019-8-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. we're sorry that the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 is not yet available on our store. We would recommend leaving your email in the "IN STOCK REMINDER" option for you to be notified when this unit is available on our store. You may want to check our other dealers or re-seller as well using the link below for you to possibly purchase a remote controller. Thank you for understanding

www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2019-8-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't count on that happening.
2019-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-16 11:32
Hi, thank you for reaching out. we're sorry that the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 is not yet available on our store. We would recommend leaving your email in the "IN STOCK REMINDER" option for you to be notified when this unit is available on our store. You may want to check our other dealers or re-seller as well using the link below for you to possibly purchase a remote controller. Thank you for understanding

www.dji.com/where-to-buy

It's almost a year since the Phantom was in production.
If no more are being built, it's not much help to suggest waiting for stock to become available.
If the Phantom is never being made again, it would be better to say that or not answer at all.
2019-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

I've only seen one site suggesting the P4 pro will be made again.
It's a rather dubious report from an unreliable source that's been wrong about much they report.
I wouldn't think that report is at all reliable and would be extremely surprised if any more P4 pros show up.
You'd be better shopping for a lightly used one if the Phantom is what you really want.
2019-8-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I thought a Phantom 5 was inevitable.

Only Frank Wang knows for sure...

RedHotPoker
2019-8-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Labroides Posted at 8-16 14:11
If no more are being built, it's not much help to suggest waiting for stock to become available.
If the Phantom is never being made again, it would be better to say that or not answer at all.

We do apologize for the inconvenience. However, this product is not yet declared as part of the products listed on the End of Life and we don't have the exact information when it be available on our store website. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-8-17
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you don't plan on doing C4K60 videos or mapping, the Mavic 2 Pro is better.
2019-8-18
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Phantom 4 Advance was available on the DJI website the other night for about an hour.  Same camera as the P4P, but no OcuSync or extra avoidance sensors.
2019-8-18
Use props
HiTcHy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-16 11:32
Hi, thank you for reaching out. we're sorry that the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 is not yet available on our store. We would recommend leaving your email in the "IN STOCK REMINDER" option for you to be notified when this unit is available on our store. You may want to check our other dealers or re-seller as well using the link below for you to possibly purchase a remote controller. Thank you for understanding

www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Thank you!
2019-8-19
Use props
HiTcHy
lvl.1
United States

KlooGee Posted at 8-18 07:02
The Phantom 4 Advance was available on the DJI website the other night for about an hour.  Same camera as the P4P, but no OcuSync or extra avoidance sensors.

Thank you.
2019-8-19
Use props
HiTcHy
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-16 14:11

I agree.  I emailed them in March, May and July.  Each time they gave me the same BS non-answer.  My questions were are you producing them now?  NoN answer.  Is the Phantom 4 pro done or will it be re released later in the year or will a Phantom 5 pro becoming out soon.  Each time I got the same BS non-answer.  "We don't have that information at this time".  SMH
2019-8-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Time flies when fun is ensuing...

RedHotPoker
2019-8-19
Use props
HiTcHy
lvl.1
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-18 00:46
If you don't plan on doing C4K60 videos or mapping, the Mavic 2 Pro is better.

Thanks.  I will probably be doing more pics than video.  I think the Phantom camera will be better suited for that but will keep options open.
2019-8-20
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

I think they aren't done with the Phantom yet. They stopped production, so no more of the old style could be sold. I believe they want all the old style drones off the market. They are probably doing up grades with systems inside it to prepare it to be more compliant to future regulations. That way DJI or the government can have better control over personal drones and they can be better identified.  IMO which means absolutely nothing.
2019-8-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HiTcHy Posted at 8-20 10:26
Thanks.  I will probably be doing more pics than video.  I think the Phantom camera will be better suited for that but will keep options open.

The M2P is definitely better for photos due to the colors and stability.
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're welcome. Cheers!
2019-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-20 12:43
The M2P is definitely better for photos due to the colors and stability.

Im not overly confident you being right, My P4P is pretty darn stable as long as you dont count flying straight, thats not stability though, not to me anyway, and the camera, ive not seen anything that shows the images on the M2P being better, colour means nothing as both can be edited in post, if the same colour pack is applied then both should look the same, if you are on about jpg, i cannot comment as i dont use it often unless im exporting from PS
2019-8-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-20 17:52
Im not overly confident you being right, My P4P is pretty darn stable as long as you dont count flying straight, thats not stability though, not to me anyway, and the camera, ive not seen anything that shows the images on the M2P being better, colour means nothing as both can be edited in post, if the same colour pack is applied then both should look the same, if you are on about jpg, i cannot comment as i dont use it often unless im exporting from PS

Take night shots and see what I mean.  During the day the shutter speed is well over 1/1000 so it the slight movements will still show up as sharp.
2019-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HiTcHy Posted at 8-19 10:05
I agree.  I emailed them in March, May and July.  Each time they gave me the same BS non-answer.  My questions were are you producing them now?  NoN answer.  Is the Phantom 4 pro done or will it be re released later in the year or will a Phantom 5 pro becoming out soon.  Each time I got the same BS non-answer.  "We don't have that information at this time".  SMH

You wont get an answer until a time that they see fit, reason being, why kill sales to ya phantom buyers too soon when they can buy a M2P. To us as the consumer, yes, it would great to know and as a company, they should keep us in the loop every step of the way, had it been a UK or US or most other companies, they would have told us (probably), but you have to remember, this is a Chinese company and the Chinese are known to be secretive,
2019-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-20 17:55
Take night shots and see what I mean.  During the day the shutter speed is well over 1/1000 so it the slight movements will still show up as sharp.

Stop using automatic modes, is the answer to that.........
2019-8-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-20 18:09
Stop using automatic modes, is the answer to that.........

I did try when I was by NYC at night.  It's very hard to get sharp images.  Show your night shots then if you think you do it better.
2019-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do not fly at night, nothing great around here to see in the daytime, let alone at night but there are many, many  P4 night images on the net and you've been shown some in the past too ;)
2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is what Drone U are saying on their Podcast that the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 DJI has been ramping up reproducion over the past several months.
2019-8-20
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-20 17:55

Bashy was correct in post #26.
Take night shots and see what I mean.  

Like so many others whose night shots have been displayed, I get perfect results with slow shutter speed at night.
Just perhaps it has something to do with actually knowing what youa re doing?

2019-8-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-20 20:41
Bashy was correct in post #26.
Take night shots and see what I mean.  

When you take pictures by the Atlantic Ocean, it probably makes a difference.
2019-8-20
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-20 18:59
That is what Drone U are saying on their Podcast that the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 DJI has been ramping up reproducion over the past several months.

DroneU podcast  has only invited Haye Kesteloo to repeat his unsubstantiated rumour.
If you listen carefully, the first thing he says is .. It's hard to really get any evidence.
That must be the reason he just makes up the whole story.
It's strange that no other source for this story has shown up.
2019-8-20
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-20 20:46
When you take pictures by the Atlantic Ocean, it probably makes a difference.

Yeah ... it's that Atlantic Vortex thing that makes all the laws of physics take a holiday.
2019-8-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-20 21:03
Yeah ... it's that Atlantic Vortex thing that makes all the laws of physics take a holiday.

Show some night shots you've taken.  I've tried to make good night shots with the P4PV2.0, but probably 1 out of every 15 come out clear enough to be useable.

With the M2P the difference is like, 1 out of every 2 or -7 shots taken are useable.
2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-20 21:02
That is what Drone U are saying on their Podcast that the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 DJI has been ramping up reproducion over the past several months.
DroneU podcast  has only invited Haye Kesteloo to repeat his unsubstantiated rumour.
If you listen carefully, the first thing he says is .. It's hard to really get any evidence.

That's because they really don't interview or have weekly guests on the show other than Drone DJ. Face it you can count on your right hand how many guests or media representatives who spend a large portion of their career covering DJI....We're still in a nascent industry as well as buying drones from a nascent global world-leader in consumer drones company...
2019-8-20
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-20 21:10
Show some night shots you've taken.  I've tried to make good night shots with the P4PV2.0, but probably 1 out of every 15 come out clear enough to be useable.

With the M2P the difference is like, 1 out of every 2 or -7 shots taken are useable.

Show some night shots you've taken.  
Like so many things in life, it helps if you actually know what you are doing.
Many, many other photographers have proven that the P4 pro is an excellent tool for night time work.
I think I'll take their word over yours.

DJI_0500a.jpg
2019-8-20
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-20 21:10

Many, many other photographers have proven that the P4 pro is an excellent tool for night time work.
I think I'll take their word over yours.

2019-8-20
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-20 21:49
That's because they really don't interview or have weekly guests on the show other than Drone DJ. Face it you can count on your right hand how many guests or media representatives who spend a large portion of their career covering DJI....We're still in a nascent industry as well as buying drones from a nascent global world-leader in consumer drones company...

It's just the same guy repeating his previous unsubstantiated claim that no-one else has backed up.
He has given no explanation or source for his "rumour".
I guess we'll see soon enough if it's as dodgy a prediction as so many of the other things he just made up.
2019-8-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-20 22:35

Where was this taken?  If you have no wind you can do it but where I live has wind.  What was your shutter speed set at?
2019-8-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

M2P, All I did was click Auto in post for Lightroom, messed with clarity and texture a bit for a couple of the pictures.  Nothing else.  This was done taken One time.  Not like 20 pictures and choosing the one that is the clearest.  The colors are so deep and nice w/ the M2P.  I try to get the colors like this with the P4PV2.0 and no matter what I do I cannot do it.  The image processing system is beyond that of the P4PV2.0 in regards to the color.  It's like, they've increased the color gamut significantly or something but they don't make a presentation about it for some reason.  The images look like they came out of my A7 III too.  Someone said they hire Inspire Pilots but the M2P produces better images.  I've tried arguing with him saying the P4PV2.0 is sharper and better but he was giving me all kinds of things like the M2P has no haze like all the other drones.  I bought the M2P because of him saying that.  I had the M2Z at the time.
DJI_0446-Pano.png
DJI_0454-Pano.png
DJI_0459-Pano.png
DJI_0462-Pano.png
DJI_0467-Pano.png
2019-8-20
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-20 23:05
Where was this taken?  If you have no wind you can do it but where I live has wind.  What was your shutter speed set at?

Exposure details were 0.5 sec;   f/5.6;   ISO 100
2019-8-21
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-21 01:06
Exposure details were 0.5 sec;   f/5.6;   ISO 100

How many times did you shoot?
2019-8-21
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-21 01:26

I've been doing it for years.
2019-8-21
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-21 04:10
I've been doing it for years.

anyone can put the drone in the air with the same settings and do the same thing, years of experience don't matter
2019-8-21
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-21 04:27
anyone can put the drone in the air with the same settings and do the same thing, years of experience don't matter
Oh no ... you tricked me into giving you the secret of my magic exposure settings.
Now you'll be as good a photographer as I am.

Years of experience don't matter?
It's clear that experience means nothing to you.

2019-8-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules