Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro with a mind of it's own!
640 3 2019-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xagoras
Captain
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Hi guys. Been a while since I posted here, mainly because I had a  trouble free experience with my M2P so far. Until a couple of days ago.

So, I'm on a beach flying my first battery, getting some pics and  checking some near by beaches from above. Flew right down to around 20%  battery, pressed RTH, it came and landed exactly where it was supposed  to.

At this point, I should mention that conditions were ideal. Hardly any wind blowing.

I pop in the 2nd battery and take off. This time I'm thinking I should  take some cool videos of the area. At some point during the flight,  around 1km away from me, I try to take some photos but nothing happens.  Keep pressing the button, but it wouldn't make the characteristic sound.  It simply faded for a couple of seconds and then went orange again. So  I'm checking to see if the pictures were saved, but no.

I think OK, let's bring it back to check out what's going on. On the way  back I spot a speed boat and decide to race it (haha, vanity, I know!).  I bring the drone back and decide to have another try with taking some  photos and videos now that it's nearby and I can check it if something  goes south. Again nothing happens. It just wouldn't take the picture or  record the video.

I decide it's time to land it and check what is going on. I press the  RTH again and it starts the procedure. I check it from the camera and  notice that while it was descending it starts to move away from the  landing pad, picking up speed. I realise that it's going to crash on a  nearby slope and try to flight it back manually. For a few really nerve  breaking seconds it keeps fighting, refusing to obey and tries to go  somewhere else. Finally I manage to bring it back in front of me and  land it manually on the pad.

There was no warning prior to the incident. It just decided to go land  somewhere else. I should mention that I was flying without a downloaded  map of the area, in case it's relevant. I went through the settings  later and the only thing noticeable was that the second bar on the  gyroscope was orange in stead of green.

Any thoughts why this happened? Here's the link to the fight:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/PZVCLT3YKBO2KINP58CG/#

2019-8-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

well you were not that far away when it began a forced landing and during forced landing the VPS isn't able to see the ground oddly enough from the link you posted which is weird..      maybe someone with a better tool can view your logs.  i currently dont have any seperate tools installed to view it..    however that being said it thinks homepoint was under 60 feet away which is too close it would probably just begin landing in place if you initiate RTH
2019-8-16
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

At 18m 11.9s it seemed to go crazy with no User input.

Maybe you need to refresh the firmware on the controller and the drone through a reliable PC and calibrated the IMU, compass, and gimbal.

I wouldn't even trust flying it over people and property like that.  It did the opposite of what you commanded near the end.
2019-8-16
Use props
xagoras
Captain
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Today, I did a firmware refresh, and calibrated everything. I then did some controlled take offs and landings on my roof. Just a couple of meters up in the air, let it hover there for a while and then back down.

It seemed to behave OK.

I could understand the drifting issue if it was related to the IMU, but what about the refusal to take pictures and videos?
2019-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules