4764 10 2019-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
haeton
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hi there,

Have the next problem with my Ronin SC:

Perfectly balanced A7III with Tamron 28-75 ( all parameters after test - excellent)
After performing Auto Tune motor parameters goes to this:  Pan-60, Tilt -50, Roll-60
With these parameters motors sound like they have extra power on them...and after tilting camera motors start to vibrate like overloaded. So parameters are definitely wrong.

Working on the default parameters ( Pan-15, Tilt -8, Roll-10) is absolutely OK, no problems at all. No sound from motors, no vibrating, no overloading...like it should be...

So what is the problem with Autotune can be? Everybody recommends it, but it doesn't work in my case...how to solve?

Thanks!

Autotune

Autotune
2019-8-16
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

thats strange. for me I have to boost the numbers up by about 20 on each axis to avoid shakiness.
2019-8-16
Use props
mikeev261
lvl.2
United States

Having similar issues (link to my thread) with larger lenses (but still under the 2 kg limit). Balance test is 3X excellent. For me, after auto-tune I have to lower the tilt (up/down) power by 5-10 to not have a "groaning" sound at certain angles.
Something tells me that a firmware update (we haven't had any yet, right?) will likely clean this up. @DJI Mindy, is anyone working on this problem (or at least aware of it)?
2019-8-18
Use props
haeton
lvl.1

Ukraine

mikeev261 Posted at 8-18 12:36
Having similar issues (link to my thread) with larger lenses (but still under the 2 kg limit). Balance test is 3X excellent. For me, after auto-tune I have to lower the tilt (up/down) power by 5-10 to not have a "groaning" sound at certain angles.
Something tells me that a firmware update (we haven't had any yet, right?) will likely clean this up. @DJI Mindy, is anyone working on this problem (or at least aware of it)?

Try to use manual settings like me...For example, I use 15 8 10. On this settings no strange sound from motors and everything works fine.

I hope that the firmware update will solve this problem, but strange that nobody talking about that, everybody recommending autotune and seems like everything works fine for them...

Waiting for some replay from DJI...
2019-8-18
Use props
mikeev261
lvl.2
United States

haeton Posted at 8-18 13:30
Try to use manual settings like me...For example, I use 15 8 10. On this settings no strange sound from motors and everything works fine.

I hope that the firmware update will solve this problem, but strange that nobody talking about that, everybody recommending autotune and seems like everything works fine for them...

Yeah, like I said (with my 24mm GM) when I scale back the motor strength it *seems* ok. With lighter lenses I have no issues at all though- autotune works fine.
2019-8-18
Use props
haeton
lvl.1

Ukraine

mikeev261 Posted at 8-18 13:52
Yeah, like I said (with my 24mm GM) when I scale back the motor strength it *seems* ok. With lighter lenses I have no issues at all though- autotune works fine.

A little update...

I just come back from the 1st test shooting with Ronin SC...I was working with parameters 15-8-10 ( default)...and I was thinking that everything is OK...but it wasn't))

When I opened files on a big screen all footages was shaky...and now I understand that it is caused by not right motor parameters...and honestly, I didn't expect something like this after my Crane II...

So 2 minutes ago I made fast test with parameters that was made by Autotune ( near 58 -60-58, something like that) and it works...footage is perfect...BUT in some positions motors vibrating!...and motors now making sound all time, like small bugs flying)

I'm very interested is it normal, and why gimbal vibrating with setup lower than 1.5kg...
2019-8-18
Use props
mikeev261
lvl.2
United States

haeton Posted at 8-18 14:46
A little update...

I just come back from the 1st test shooting with Ronin SC...I was working with parameters 15-8-10 ( default)...and I was thinking that everything is OK...but it wasn't))

Try autotuning and then making a far more subtle decrease to see if it gets rid of your shakes. I think reverting to the default values will be too weak.
2019-8-18
Use props
mikeev261
lvl.2
United States

mikeev261 Posted at 8-18 17:46
Try autotuning and then making a far more subtle decrease to see if it gets rid of your shakes. I think reverting to the default values will be too weak.

FWIW I'm still seeing this with the new firmware (v1.1.0.0). And I'm getting the same results on AutoTune.
2019-8-29
Use props
YonLee
New
Indonesia

Same here im still dont understand why the auto tune not working properly  still shaky footage or jitter please update this issue
2019-9-1
Use props
AntaresTech
New

Are you using the autotune PRO version?
2019-9-14
Use props
fansebabfad3
lvl.1

AntaresTech Posted at 9-14 17:52
Are you using the autotune PRO version?

What Autotune Pro is? There is only one app for ronin SC...

Working with SC for 1 month very actively...autotune works OK, no problem...if lowering parameters so footage becomes shaky....if using autotune everything is OK. Sometimes motors vibrating just a little when tilting to much but it doesn't affect the footage...
2019-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules