Is it possible to use my drone with my phone again?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nopedafu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6312 ft

United States

I have a Phantom 3 Advanced and way back in 2017 is was able to use it with my Samsung Galaxy Express 3 J120A phone. Then I lost that phone and replaced it with another one, but didn't re-install the DJI GO app because I didn't fly the drone for a while. Now I want to fly it again but am getting the impression that you can't get an app for a phone that "old". Is that true? Hopefully not and if not can anyone tell me how to get the app on this phone? Also if it can take the app again will it be able to connect to a new update for the drone? The drone and controller still have the firmware from way back 2 years ago and I want to sell the Phantom and get a Mavic. So should I try to update the firmware in the drone and controller if my phone is still able to handle it? Also will this phone be able to work with a Mavic Air and its controller? Or am I going to have to pay hundreds more dollars for a different phone just to be able to fly DJI drones again?
2019-8-16
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't see why it wouldn't work, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 from 2014, I also use it for my Osmo Mobile 2, just go to the Google play store, download the app and try it.
2019-8-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day nopedafu. Thank you for reaching out. I would suggest using a recommended mobile device for your DJI Phnatom 3 Advanced for compatibility and reliability purposes for both the drone and the DJI Go application. I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the said drone. In addition please update the firmware of both the drone and the remote controller as well. I will be posting a link where in you can find the most recent firmware of the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced ( https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads ). Before flying please calibrated both the IMU and the compass of the said drone as well for safe flight. Thank you.

2019-8-17
Use props
D2_hunter
lvl.4
United States

if i were you i would try to see if theres any app that takes a lot of space or just try to connect the phone to the controller, overall it should work in my opinion  
2019-8-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Over time, the DJI apps have grown in complexity, such that you need a more powerful phone or tablet to accomodate them. There has not been any significant improvement or features added for the P3 range for years now, so if it works, don't update it.
2019-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can always download an older version of the app, go back to a time when i used to work, try that?
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules