Feature request
928 12 2019-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Oddly there seems to be no direct way to change gimbal modes using the Mobile 3 buttons.  There's a  quick menu accessed by the M button if you set that on, and there you  can choose gimbal modes by selecting with the joystick, but what would  have been handy would be an option to hold down one of the buttons to  toggle between Tilt lock and Follow, like on the Pocket extension rod (the button on the left side of the rod).

'Sport Mode' (fast gimbal) is obtained by one click of the trigger, then  hold it down.  If there was an option in the app to change that to  provide  Tilt lock mode / Follow mode toggle while shooting, it would be ideal.  Well,  for me anyway...

2019-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s strange, this option to switch modes is on all osmos hopefully an update will sort it .
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information. I will forward these thread to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI and of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-8-17
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good recommendation, thanks for helping out...
2019-8-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Great idea!
2019-8-19
Use props
Mindtrick
lvl.1

United States

A live stream option would be nice too.  This function was broken, but never fixed, on the Osmo mobile 2.  As an owner of the Mobile 2, Mobile 3, Pocket, and Action, I feel the lack of such a basic software feature really seems strange, given the high quality of these products.
2019-8-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Can you live stream from another app while using the OM3 for basic gimbal functions?
2019-8-20
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-20 12:24
Can you live stream from another app while using the OM3 for basic gimbal functions?

Yes but only if you don’t plan on using active track. I hope they update the app to support live streaming soon. No need for a camera guy, active track 3 is amazing.
2019-8-20
Use props
fans9ab24347
New
United States

Would be nice if it has the auto rolling (or vortex) feature like it does in the story mode.  Please add this feature.
2019-8-30
Use props
Wisnaeme
lvl.1
Netherlands

Yup. Another good idea. So many obvious features missing from the firmware/software.
2019-9-1
Use props
MrTitan
lvl.4
  • >>>

I’d like Progressive Zoom for video recording (slow start zoom that progressively increases in speed until it reaches the set zoom speed).  Even when zoom is set to the slowest speed it’s still too sudden/jarring when zooming in on a subject.  The current sudden zoom function makes dolly zoom look unnecessarily low quality too.
2019-9-4
Use props
fans456d691d
New
Flight distance : 2628 ft

I may be doing something wrong but I just spend an hour shooting with the osmo mobile 3 in a forest and i could never get the Exposure and focus to actually lock.  I had to go to the native camera app to stop the exposure jumps and focus glitches.   It ‘said’  it was locked but it sure didn’t look or act like it.   Thoughts?  
2019-9-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

I think I had some similar problems - trouble is, I've been trying so many camera apps I can't be totally sure it was Mimo!  Is yours android or iOS?
2019-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules