Obstacle Avoidance malfunction?
885 11 2019-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

Hey everyone got a weird one for you today.

I recently crashed my spark into my palcony storage door *Because I'm an idiot* with no noticeable damage. I wasn't able to do a test flight until a few days after.  The day I took it up it launched just fine so I started to fly it around.  The Obstacle Avoidance alert kept going off and would stop the drone in its track like its suppose to, only problem was I was in  a open field with nothing in front of it.  It wouldn't move so I ended up turning it off so I could fly, but it still alerted me that there was something in front of it.  After I brought it back in I uploaded the flight to airdata and saw all kinds of warnings from compass errors, yaw errors, IMU heading error.  I ended up setting it up to be sent in for repair the next day and still waiting for a verdict and pricing.  If you want to see the flight data the link is Here
2019-8-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The OA, was there a scratch on the dark-red visor?
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day NickEST1987. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Spark. It is good to know that you have sent the said drone in for repair. Rest assured that we have the professional team who would do their best to fix and find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank for your support.
2019-8-17
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 8-17 05:07
The OA, was there a scratch on the dark-red visor?

Not that I was aware of. I super glued the cover back on before I sent it in. Put a tab of glue in n the middle raised part so idk if I somehow got some on the sensors.
2019-8-17
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-17 08:45
Hello and good day NickEST1987. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Spark. It is good to know that you have sent the said drone in for repair. Rest assured that we have the professional team who would do their best to fix and find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank for your support.

I’m hoping the team can figure out what’s wrong with my lil spark. I miss flying it already and it’s only been 2 days. I’m just not looking forward to the bill (never signed Up for refresh like I planned on). I will cross that bridge when it comes.
2019-8-17
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Were you heading into a low sun...that will cause OA to trigger...just yaw 180 degrees and fly it back with forward sensors away from the sun.
2019-8-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

NickEST1987 Posted at 8-17 16:10
I’m hoping the team can figure out what’s wrong with my lil spark. I miss flying it already and it’s only been 2 days. I’m just not looking forward to the bill (never signed Up for refresh like I planned on). I will cross that bridge when it comes.

I know what you mean, been there, felt that.
Now I have 2 Sparks ;-)
2019-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

NickEST1987 Posted at 8-17 16:10
I’m hoping the team can figure out what’s wrong with my lil spark. I miss flying it already and it’s only been 2 days. I’m just not looking forward to the bill (never signed Up for refresh like I planned on). I will cross that bridge when it comes.

Thank you for the additional information you have shared NickEST1987. Rest assured that you will be given updates and information with regards to the case that you have with your DJI Spark once the result of the analysis is finalized. Thank you for understanding and for your support.
2019-8-18
Use props
D2_hunter
lvl.4
United States

is there any cracks??
2019-8-20
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
United States

D2_hunter Posted at 8-20 10:57
is there any cracks??

Not that I'm aware of.  The screen protector came off and I super glued it back on.  Its sent out for repair, DJI should have it tommrow 8-21
2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are three ultraviolet lights that flash on the Spark's obstacle avoidance sensor in front on top of the drone, do you see them flashing or "blinking" through the red plastic cover when you have the Spark in  front of an object? If not then that means there's a hardware issue..
2019-8-20
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
United States

I didn't pay attention before I sent it out.  Should be in DJI's caring hands sometime today
2019-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules