Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fix for "NO MC DATA- ACCELEROMETER FAILED" if caused by impact.
123Next >
58121 106 2015-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

derek@kerton.co Posted at 2015-7-15 07:38
Hey! Worked for me! Thanks a bunch.

I can't believe that with this technological marvel, the thin ...

That's good news!! Thanks for sharing your story and happy flying.

-Dog
2015-7-17
Use props
sam.mediamanav
New
United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-7-18 00:55
Sounds to me like the compass is failing.  Are you getting a MC Data error?

-Dog

yup!  Look at my sensors readout.....

IMG_1368.jpg
IMG_1368.jpg
2015-7-17
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
United States

sam.mediamanav Posted at 2015-7-18 02:06
yup!  Look at my sensors readout.....

I believe the compass is in the lading gear.  Is the wire to the compass intact and connected?

-Dog
2015-7-18
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

mine doesn't even show any values for the sensors. UGH!!!!!!
2015-8-1
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
United States

Michael M Posted at 2015-8-2 12:43
mine doesn't even show any values for the sensors. UGH!!!!!!

Upload a screen shot of what you do get.

-Dog
2015-8-1
Use props
inspectorman201
New

United States

zandegran Posted at 2015-6-12 17:28
SOLVED  DivenDog's comment make's sense and here is How I solved after reading his comment. Also s ...

Just want to thank the dog and zandegran. Great advise I did the knock technique on the other side of the impact.
back in the day we used to have hit our TV and it reminds me of that but this was full of tension. she works great now. i primarily got the drone for my work doing real estate home and insurance inspections. now i can photo roofs that were inaccessible or dangerous, i call it roof surfing.  now if anyone can recommend an rc vehicle that can go under a home and take photos please share that with me. Thanks again soo relieved!!!!
2015-8-7
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
United States

inspectorman201 Posted at 2015-8-8 07:48
Just want to thank the dog and zandegran. Great advise I did the knock technique on the other side ...

I am so glad to see that this thread is helping so many others from having to ship their P3's back to DJI.  That means that they get to spend mor time flying and less time waiting!

Keep the stories coming !

-Dog
2015-8-16
Use props
pasha
New

Italy

Hello guys and thanks to this simple but effective solution . I solved the problem of the error mc date and accelerometer . The mine was blocked 16.04g . Besides that I also have the following problem , one of the motors of the gimbal (I think the roll ) makes noise , and ' possible to change it?
2015-8-20
Use props
baran
New

Turkey

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-7-18 00:56
That's good news!! Thanks for sharing your story and happy flying.

-Dog

I have the same problem mc data error   
2015-8-22
Use props
baran
New

Turkey

baran Posted at 2015-8-23 05:49

hellp Tell me video
2015-8-22
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
United States

I am not sure what your asking.  Did you follow the instructions in this thread? Are you still get the MC Data error?

-Dog
2015-8-22
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
United States

pasha Posted at 2015-8-20 23:19
Hello guys and thanks to this simple but effective solution . I solved the problem of the error mc d ...

You will have to contact a DJI dealer or DJI directly.  Let me know how it goes.

-Dog
2015-8-22
Use props
Burlbark
United States

baran Posted at 2015-8-23 05:49

I had to pull mine off the mother board and smack it every which way but it works perfectly again. Thanks for posting this up. I have ran into this before but mind failed me and I had to google it to bring me here.
2015-8-26
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
United States

Burlbark Posted at 2015-8-27 14:04
I had to pull mine off the mother board and smack it every which way but it works perfectly again. ...

Wow... Still glad to hear that you fixed it.  Thanks for sharing.

-Dog

2015-8-27
Use props
mark.lifesimply
New
United States

zandegran Posted at 2015-6-12 02:28
SOLVED  DivenDog's comment make's sense and here is How I solved after reading his comment. Also s ...

This thread, and all you guys are the F*****G S**T!!!  Thank you!  I've owned my P3P for about 3 months, but only had posession of it for about 3 weeks.  Why?  It went to DJI for warranty repair.... 10 VERY long weeks later, I get it back with the report that it was 'GOOD TO GO!!'

NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER!

MC Data Error and Accelerometer error.  To quote 'Ralphie' in a Christmas Story "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!"

Scoured these forums and everything but this thread said "Send back to DJI"  AYFKM????  NOooooooo!

Read the thread further and found this and other comments.... found that I had TWO axis at +16.  BINGO.

So, I tried some taps, to no avail.  Basically decided I was not hitting it hard enough.  Figured okay, hitting it with my palm HARD is probably NOT going to do any damage.... so, I secured the camera, powered down.... prepped myself....

AND POW!  Hit the back of the battery HARD.  Startled my kids a bit.

Powered up again in deep hope and..... BINGO!  All axis in normal params!  IMU calibrated successfully!!!  And guess what?  I now have a green "READY TO FLY"

THANK YOU guys for putting in the time on this thread....  I'm 46 years old and was about ready to cry thinking I'd have to send this back yet AGAIN to wait until there was snow on the flipping ground to fly again.

VERY much appreciated.... zandergran?  Beers are on me....

Signed...

Thankful in Seattle
2015-8-28
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
United States

mark.lifesimply Posted at 2015-8-29 06:40
This thread, and all you guys are the F*****G S**T!!!  Thank you!  I've owned my P3P for about 3 mo ...

This is the very reason I started this thread!  To see that you able to fly and not be on standby any longer is freaking awesome.  I could have just fixed mine when I did and move on but I knew that if I shared it with others it could be very helpful.  I have to say I share your enthusiasm when I discovered this fix I was as enthusiastic as you are now thanks again for sharing your story with us .

-Dog
2015-8-30
Use props
lucardoso
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi guys. im having the same issue. but the imu values are no shown on my screen.  Should open and do the procedures and would it change something?  because its showing the mc error on pin 8 on the advice screen but the compass seems to be not working.
2015-9-1
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
United States

lucardoso Posted at 2015-9-2 03:53
Hi guys. im having the same issue. but the imu values are no shown on my screen.  Should open and do ...

Can you post a screen shot?

-Dog
2015-9-2
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Hey Dog, i have put a link to your thread on a help for noobs directory i have. hope you do not mind. and obviously you have been credited.

Thanks
Let me know if you , for whatever reason, dont want that on there.
2015-9-15
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-16 01:32
Hey Dog, i have put a link to your thread on a help for noobs directory i have. hope you do not mind ...

Sounds good thanx

-Dog
2015-9-21
Use props
mhinchey
New

United States

zandegran Posted at 2015-6-11 23:28

Thanks Zandegran, worked for me.  I had the same neg 16 on the x.  It needed about 4 series of 3 good whacks to the back but after the last one it dropped to 0 and took the calibration.  Hat's off to you mate!
2015-10-25
Use props
jessicaculley
New
Australia

Worked for me too! Just a slap on its arse sorted it out!!! My hubby had to do it cos i was too gentle but it WORKED!! Thank you sooooo much!
2015-10-27
Use props
zandegran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13173 ft
Sweden

mark.lifesimply Posted at 2015-8-28 23:40
This thread, and all you guys are the F*****G S**T!!!  Thank you!  I've owned my P3P for about 3 mo ...

Hi Mark,
Congrats for your success. Beer? when I come to Seattle.   
Hi others, I'm happy to see this many positive feedbacks.. keep sharing.
Greetings from Stockholm, Sweden.
2015-10-28
Use props
zandegran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13173 ft
Sweden

mhinchey Posted at 2015-10-26 06:09
Thanks Zandegran, worked for me.  I had the same neg 16 on the x.  It needed about 4 series of 3 g ...

Thanks for sharing Guys. Please do share ur experience
My personal Video for all your enthusiasm
2015-10-28
Use props
andresdelc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1060171 ft
Uruguay

Thank you guys! It worked for me too!

Now I have a pain in my hand. lol. But it works! Only with a smack...

No expensive service is required.
2015-11-14
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

This is a great solution for several reasons.  And the technical term for it is Mechanical Agitation.  It allows you to repair the problem and has the added benefit of allowing you to smack the crap out of something that is annoying you.
2015-11-15
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

derek@kerton.co Posted at 2015-7-14 17:38
Hey! Worked for me! Thanks a bunch.

I can't believe that with this technological marvel, the thin ...

I can't help but think you should NOT hit the battery pack.  Remove the batter first.  There's more weight and inertia in the battery than the rest of the quad.  You want to shock the quad, not the battery.
2015-11-15
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'd like to see this thread become a sticky.
2015-11-15
Use props
peterichards1
New

United States

This worked for me! Thank You!!! Now to get the GPS working ugh, only have had it a week.
2015-11-16
Use props
castlerocmusic
New

United States

Hey guys, Im in between a rock and a hard place at the moment and was wondering if I could get some help. I was flying my p3 and in mid flight, I got a "Compass Error" and the drone started flying towards a building! I immediately tried to take control and land it. I got it to the ground and as I went to land the p3 took off forward agin and it started to bounce. Long story short, it flipped upside down, propellers destroyed, but the unit looks almost perfect. After turning it off collecting myself and examine the the drone, I took it inside to check it out and I got the MC Data Error message. I realized there was an update available so i did this first thinking it would work. Nothing, same message. Before the update, there were numbers displaying on the boxes with the sensors. After the update they boxes are completely empty. Since the drone crashed on its top, I tried dropping it right side up and having it land in the legs, with the gimbal protector on, from about 1 foot high. I still have nothing displaying in the boxes where the sensor info should be and the error is still there. Any ideas guys?
2015-12-8
Use props
hjm32320
New
United States

I just want to thank you for all of this information.   I had the same error message to overcome.   I followed your directions and suggestions here and my phantom is back in the air!  removing the case was more challenging than anything else.  When I was done doing that I was ready to set the accelerometer on fire.  But some well placed taps did the job.  Much appreciated.
2015-12-10
Use props
ermep01
Captain
Flight distance : 419803 ft
Netherlands

Just bought the P3 Pro on wednesday. Spent the evening with upgrading, charching and practice with the flight simulator.
Thursday I made my first flights and they went OK. Spent all day practicing. (I have a total of 3 batteries)
In the evening I was stupid enough to descent the P3 near a tree. And yes, it crashed hard.
3 Propellors are broken, and MC Data error on the accelerometer x -16.
Found this thread and gave it a try (or 3)!
Seems now to be OK again!
Thank you all!
2015-12-11
Use props
thomas.kelly
New
Peru

zandegran Posted at 2015-6-12 04:28

Zandegran, THANKS!!

Your advice saved me.  The x-, y- and z-axis info was perfect and fixed my problem, along with three solid smacks to the appropriate side of my Phantom.  I had a high positive y-axis problem that was immediately fixed.  If I can add one additional bit to your advice all I would say is don't be too shy about smacking the device, just don't be aggressively stupid.  It will work!
2016-1-2
Use props
tcmalker
lvl.1

United States

Just having the “MC data error“ message by itself doesn't mean anything is wrong (actually it's a good thing).  It is still completely safe to fly.  The MC data error just means that something is wrong with the secret-hidden micro SD card.  What secret-hidden micro SD card you ask?  It's the one inside your P3.  You can see it once you remove the battery.  What does this secret-hidden micro SD card do?  Glad you asked.  It's records all the flight information, ALL your flights.  Think of it as the black box.  Once the FAA inspectors have access to this card they can go through all your previous flights and either fine, confiscate or arrest you for breaking their various rules.  Read my article “Flying anonymously “ to find out how to disable it.
2016-1-2
Use props
Tdogg
lvl.1
United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-23 20:07
With Y being negative you want to give it a good hard thump on the left front or nose with the P3  ...

I ended up having hadto purchase a new one as when this happen they were just released and authorized dealers didn't have the parts to "fix" this... Well, after a couple of months seeing her sitting on the shelf, I decided to give her one more big ol' smack... This time I did it before there gimbal went limp... AND BOOM. Magic happen! Thank you for this post! She's back up and flying like a champ! Now, if only I can fix my newer phantom and the purple lines and loss of video feed I'm getting. Lesson learned, invest in a good case!
2016-1-13
Use props
t0mb0la
First Officer
Flight distance : 447841 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-8-31 05:27
This is the very reason I started this thread!  To see that you able to fly and not be on standby a ...

Took quite a few attempts, but the advice here proved to work well for me too.

I've had my aircraft for just a short time.
Not had any crashes, or hard landings and always used official hard backpack for transport.
So I was very confused when I turned on to a forced IMU calibration.
Even more, when after 70-80% of the process, it failed.
Repeated attempts failed almost immediately.
Then I noticed the y accelerometer stuck at -16.03.

As advised in this thread, I smacked on the left/front and front/left body of the craft "sharply"; Utilising the rubber handle of a hammer, after many attempts with just my hand had failed.
Finally, after smacking just before and then just after turning on the power, the y accelerometer was back floating around 0.

I set the IMU calibration  going again, and after a short time, a beautiful voice advised me my home point had been updated.

I'll be keeping a close eye on those sensors for a while now, before and after every flight.

Thank you for helping me keep my aircraft in my hands, away from the couriers and long term withdrawal.
2016-1-24
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you thank you thank you.  Small impact, x on -16, 2 good whacks on the but and good to fly.
2016-1-30
Use props
jamesbcrawford
New
Flight distance : 142822 ft
United States

Thank you for the great information. I was able to fix my Phantom after I crashed it tonight.
2016-1-30
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-7-18 00:55
Sounds to me like the compass is failing.  Are you getting a MC Data error?

-Dog

Anyone know what this FC300 sensor v9 fpc is that I've seen people post about when they send their Phantoms back to DJI for repair after a crash?
2016-1-31
Use props
Wale
New

Nigeria

zandegran Posted at 2015-6-12 10:28

Thanks for all the help, a very hard smack on the back of my P3 Pro solved my MC Error problem after a hard crash. thanks for all the help.
2016-2-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules