The 'Precise Fly Safe Database' is a mystery to me.
815 5 2019-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djcamera
lvl.3
United States

The device I use with my controller is my older iPhone 6 that has no SIM card.  The only app installed on it is DJI GO 4.  When I'm in the field, I get the "Precise Fly Safe Update" message but I ignore it.  Then if I remember to, when I'm home, I'll connect to wi-fi and download the update.  The next time I'm out and flying, I'll get the "Update" message again.  Ignore.  Repeat.
Sometimes I plug in my current iPhone (connected to a provider) to download an image from the Spark, and I do not get the prompt to update the "Fly Safe Database".  Only with the unconnected device.

So does the Spark just ASSUME the database is outdated because the device is not connected to the internet?  It's not really a huge deal, more of an annoyance to hit 'Ignore' every time.
2019-8-17
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

You are probably right in your second paragraph. Cheers
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. As you've mentioned, you already managed to download the fly-safe databased when you already connected to your home internet. May I ask if the update finished successfully? or if you receive any error when finalizing the update? Your statement on the second paragraph might be right, your fly-safe databased of yours might be outdated. Therefore, can you please try to connect again to your home wifi and try to update again if you receive the app prompt to see if the issue will still persist? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot for us to help you further. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-8-17
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

It happens every time a new geofencing update has been entered and updated....
2019-8-17
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-17 12:27
It happens every time a new geofencing update has been entered and updated....

Which is annoying because there can be updates anywhere in the world. Why should I be bothered flying in Japan if there is some update done in USA or Australia? I am sure there is no location based preference for these "updates" since such messages pop up almost every week. Please fix this DJI.
2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, I think the database is always being updated..
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules