Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phone Holder Installed Upside Down
4800 10 2019-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stormageddons
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14472 ft
Canada

I was super excited to get my Osmo Mobile 3; it even arrived a day early!

However, I noticed something seemed wrong when the phone holder had a sticker saying “Phone camera direction” with the arrow pointing inwards, where it’d be blocked by the gimbal, and the logo was upside down.

I checked to see what it looked like in YouTube reviews, and as it turns out, mine was indeed installed the wrong way.

What a strange mistake to be made.

5A7B49E9-28B4-482F-BE0E-857E24B55AC5.jpeg
2019-8-17
Use props
Stormageddons
lvl.4
Canada

Sorry for the picture being sideways, it wasn’t uploaded that way. Anyone from DJI able to help me with the gimbal problem?
2019-8-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Have you try to turn it? I meant the other way?
2019-8-18
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Captain
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch it on without the phone, press the button that centralised the gimbal phone holder, surely it's the right way now ?
2019-8-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

I just positioned mine to look like yours in the photo and it's identical - and mine works fine - the label ensures that when the embossed "DJI" is upright, you put the phone in so the camera lens is to the left, as indicated by the red arrow.  It's fine, just use it, perhaps first watching the DJI tutorial video which shows how to insert the phone and balance it (in two planes).
2019-8-18
Use props
Stormageddons
lvl.4
Canada

jacksonnai Posted at 8-18 06:10
Have you try to turn it? I meant the other way?
I did, but felt resistance so thought it wasn’t meant to turn that way. Apparently I was just being too gentle. Thanks!
2019-8-18
Use props
Stormageddons
lvl.4
Canada

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 8-18 06:28
Switch it on without the phone, press the button that centralised the gimbal phone holder, surely it's the right way now ?

Yep, I just had it oriented incorrectly. Thanks!
2019-8-18
Use props
Stormageddons
lvl.4
Canada

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-18 07:46
I just positioned mine to look like yours in the photo and it's identical - and mine works fine - the label ensures that when the embossed "DJI" is upright, you put the phone in so the camera lens is to the left, as indicated by the red arrow.  It's fine, just use it, perhaps first watching the DJI tutorial video which shows how to insert the phone and balance it (in two planes).

Thanks for suggesting the video! It showed me that I had just turned it the wrong way. Silly mistake!
2019-8-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Glad to know you have figured it out, please make sure to turn the 'DJI' icon to upright, it will be correct. Hope you have a great time with it.
2019-8-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Stormageddons Posted at 8-18 11:54
I did, but felt resistance so thought it wasn’t meant to turn that way. Apparently I was just being too gentle. Thanks!

You're welcome
Have fun with it!
2019-8-19
Use props
Miro Perez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

Though it is upside down when you turn it it will click then you have to turn it more.
2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules