Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Windows 10 Webcam Functionality
6912 6 2019-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hobie14t
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Hi, I have had the Osmo Pocket for a few months now, great camera. but I would love to see this feature in the OSMO Pocket, USB connection to Windows 10 where Windows can use the OSMO Pocket as a webcam. I would imagine this is a matter of a firmware update. Surely the hardware in the OSMO Pocket isn't too drastically different to a standard webcam?

In addition to webcam functionality, the lack of live video streaming from DJI Mimo APP is very disappointing. I also own a DJI Mavic Air, which does do live video streaming through the DJI Go 4 APP, I mean to say, this is absolutely a great feature in the drones, why not put it into the OSMO Pocket? Very surprising, as I would argue that the OSMO Pocket is far more likely to be used in a live streaming capacity over a drone.

2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day hobie14t. Thank you for sharing this information and for your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these thread to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI and of the DJI Osmo Pocket and of the DJI Mimo application. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-8-17
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Pretty cool idea! Web cam/live stream mode can be very useful indeed.
2019-8-18
Use props
acidgreen
lvl.1

@ DJI Stephen  whats up with this functionality? you are telling this "i`forward to xyz"  since 2018 now... whats up with it?  it`s no problem with Mavic Air so why should it with the pocket?   whats the problem to implement the feature to connect it via usb cable to a pc and use as a webcam device?  + whats the problem to implement live streaming / http streaming server to the mimo app?? i dont get it.  this is a farce!!  every other 0815 cam out there can do stuff like this..
2019-9-10
Use props
xian_smith
New

Germany

me, still looking forward to have the webam functionallity...   
its still not implemented, right ?
Or did i missed something ?
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_1TwqXsAd13aw
lvl.1
United States

Same song and dance, been hearing this for months now "we will forward blah blah blah"  I'm buying a new camera in the next couple week. I been eyeing the osmo action but don't want to give DJI anymore of my money because they can't/ won't deliver on what the people want.  The osmo pocket would be much more useful to a lot of people with streaming and a webcam mode.
2020-1-3
Use props
Ou7rigg3r999
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I would really like this as well, especially since everything is becoming video conferencing and distanced learning. DJI you guys could become HEROs for adding this functionality to your devices. We're in desperate need to use these as webcams since most made as webcam devices are sold out!
2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules