Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Home point for Mavic 2 Zoom and Smart Controller
3376 10 2019-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft
Philippines

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I rarely get the "Home Point Is Set" confirmation message. I don't know if this is related to the Smart Controller. I have turned the volume all the way up. No message given. I have had the Drone sitting on the ground with the motors running, used manual and automatic take off, hovered 1 meter, 5 meters, 10, 15, 20 and 25. Only rarely do I hear the confirmation message. It is random. I can tell when the Home Point has been set. On the Smart Controller screen a yellow circle with an H in it, appears in the green GPS bar. I would like to hear the Home Point confirmation message everytime I take off.
2019-8-17
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

Left out - A yellow circle with an H in it appears when I have flown 5-7 meters away from where I took off.
2019-8-17
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought it was just me not hearing the comforting message, "The home point has been recorded." I've tested the RTH several times and it has so far worked.

Does anyone know of a way to confirm the message visually?

Thanks,
Marty
2019-8-18
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

Like I said above, you can see that home point has been set by the H in the little yellow circle in or under the green GPS bar. Top left corner of the Smart Controller screen. The H appears after I have moved the Drone out and away 5-7 meters. Also I have read that if you have GPS locked then your Home Point is set. You can tell this by watching D-distance at the bottom of your screen. If the numbers change as you move your Drone then your GPS is locked. I just wish the audible message worked every time.
2019-8-18
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30932 ft
France

Hi rbtmckny,
I had the same issue when I first got my Mavic 2 but I hadn't noticed. I say this because after a few flights I started using a bright "take off / landing" mat and I suddenly started to get the verbal home point confirmation.

I think this is because before I had the mat I was taking off from grass or concrete and as it is all the same colour the vision system couldn’t get a lock for precision landing, I believe that when this precision landing lock is achieved the verbal home point confirmation is given, at least it does in my case.

With the mat I now get this confirmation every time but like you home point was recorded in my first few flights but without verbal confirmation after take-off.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Tolly
2019-8-18
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I also have this random audio confirmation message....
2019-8-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

That doesn't make the Smart Controller have the smoothest transition, you are right about hearing the Home Point announcement as well as visually seeing the green confirmation icon....DJI Support should address whether this is designed or a bug that a later firmware will correct? Hopefully it will be resolved??
2019-8-18
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Same problem - Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. The friendly and reassuring voice confirmation after selecting the static Home Point icon before flight, 'The home point has been updated, please check it on the map.' is rarely heard. It is intermittent, unpredictable and random. Volume is at 100%. I recall when using the Mavic 2 standard RC with an iPad mini 4 the voice confirmation was always heard. Random bugs like this seemingly defy computer logic and are maybe the result of a certain set of Go 4 app parameters. DJI, please refer this fault to your software engineering team and request they investigate and fix this essential safety feature asap.

Also (this might be off topic but perhaps related) the new Smart Controller firmware and Go 4 app announced in June has been in Beta for almost 2 months now, may we know when a release is likely...?
2019-8-18
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have this problem often.  Yet, unlike you I refuse to fly my mavic until I "make" it announce that the home point has been set!  I manually click on the home point setting until it actually comes across the speaker.  Sometimes it takes 2-3 inputs before it does it.  As stated; I will not take off until I actually hear it because anything can happen.  
2019-8-21
Use props
fans9b28d06a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 8-21 11:16
I have this problem often.  Yet, unlike you I refuse to fly my mavic until I "make" it announce that the home point has been set!  I manually click on the home point setting until it actually comes across the speaker.  Sometimes it takes 2-3 inputs before it does it.  As stated; I will not take off until I actually hear it because anything can happen.

you are correct:  anything can happen.  even after it announces home point has been locked in, the system can actually forget, reset it, clear it, or simply not record it even though the voice said it did.  same odds if you're going to look at it that way.  if you're that concerned with the home point, you need to reply on another method such as verifying it on the map or flying off and rth test it right away.

pretty sure if you look into the code, the voice announcement has little if anything to do with the actual flight which basically turns your actions into more of a pet peeve or habit of sorts.  some people turn off the audible speaker, what do you think they get?
2019-8-21
Use props
fansf0a89141
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17470771 ft
  • >>>
United States

My mavic 2 is doing the same thing with my smart controller and it’s now 2020. Dji needs to pull their heads out of their asses and start fixing this crap. I will seek out another and there is some competition. I’ve had my screen go all distorted almost causing a fly away then I notice my home point wasn’t being marked . Well it is marked but the spot is usually off about 10 feet ish. If she announces it’s marked it lands right on the wether it be read with a little indication in color or a different colored rock or finds it . Honestly though this is ridiculous as you know who would be at fault when these hardware/software issues happen. It would not be dji sending you a new drone. Man up and fix your ... it’s been flaky for almost five years that I know of. Is the inspire and enterprise editions as bad? Are they tested thoroughly because they go to corporations and come taxed as such? Also in my opinion coming from a mavic pro original and a mavic air original, mavic 2 is a downer
2020-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules