US Aeronautical Chart Symbology
1422 7 2019-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nealmontgomery
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399754 ft
United States

Is it possible to display US VFR Aeronautical Chart information, Rather than generic street or satellite imagery on the moving map display window?
2019-8-18
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting but I have not seen any way to change the information fed into the maps area and therefore revert to Skyvector.com prior to flights.
2019-8-18
Use props
nealmontgomery
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399754 ft
United States

MedicFL1 Posted at 8-18 12:21
Interesting but I have not seen any way to change the information fed into the maps area and therefore revert to Skyvector.com prior to flights.

Agreed and thanks for the response. Do preflight planning with Skyvector all the time as do many of us, I'm sure.  It would be nice to have that resource on the display. Would be advantageous to verify verticle obstruction height and laterlal separation.  Viewing from ground aspect, it is sometimes difficult to verify distance from the obstruction(s).
2019-8-18
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

nealmontgomery Posted at 8-18 13:22
Agreed and thanks for the response. Do preflight planning with Skyvector all the time as do many of us, I'm sure.  It would be nice to have that resource on the display. Would be advantageous to verify verticle obstruction height and laterlal separation.  Viewing from ground aspect, it is sometimes difficult to verify distance from the obstruction(s).

I'm sure it could be done with a 3rd-party app.  Using this great bike app gives you the ability to select from a lot of different maps that I didn't even know exist.

It would be nice if the drone knew the height of all the objects with just GPS rather than just relying upon the VPS system.  Like how they map the ocean floor.
2019-8-18
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-18 13:31
I'm sure it could be done with a 3rd-party app.  Using this great bike app gives you the ability to select from a lot of different maps that I didn't even know exist.

It would be nice if the drone knew the height of all the objects with just GPS rather than just relying upon the VPS system.  Like how they map the ocean floor.

Being able to display VFRs would make WAY too much sense.

@ AntDX316- "the height of all the objects with just GPS"? "Like how they map the ocean floor"?

Wha?
2019-8-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

patiam Posted at 8-19 09:58
Being able to display VFRs would make WAY too much sense.

@ AntDX316- "the height of all the objects with just GPS"? "Like how they map the ocean floor"?

Like, if the computer knows how tall the obstacles near it are, it can navigate in total darkness.
2019-8-21
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-21 18:40
Like, if the computer knows how tall the obstacles near it are, it can navigate in total darkness.

M'kay.

Sounds like you're talking about terrain following, which is not at all exclusive to "Like how they map the ocean floor". (I have some experience in this area).

Terrain following also has nothing to do with the ability to display VFRs , since those are generally only available in raster format and while they include representation of elevation and height of objects, VFRs are not DSMs.

In any event, DJI added Terrain Awareness to GS RTK some time ago (but that's irrelevant wrt  the subject of this thread).
2019-8-30
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>

nealmontgomery Posted at 8-18 13:22
Agreed and thanks for the response. Do preflight planning with Skyvector all the time as do many of us, I'm sure.  It would be nice to have that resource on the display. Would be advantageous to verify verticle obstruction height and laterlal separation.  Viewing from ground aspect, it is sometimes difficult to verify distance from the obstruction(s).

I understand and Agree as Google Maps too is years behind in showing new building in an area.
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules