Signal and range
801 6 2019-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Louis Cremer
lvl.1
Lithuania

What altitude and distance away from you do you guys find the signal to weak to have smooth rotation control / camera tilting actions on the Mavic air.
Straight up to around 300 ft I get weak signal warnings. At this altitude I can’t really fly away from right above me.
2019-8-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend checking the channel quality under image transmission settings in DJI GO 4. If the quality is poor, replace the flight field. For additional information, ensure that the firmware of your Mavic Air and remote controller are updated then fly the aircraft in without interferences and enough GPS signal. You may also check our video tutorial for remote controller antenna which may help to increase the flight distance.

2019-8-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The gimbal controls will not be affected by the radio transmission signal - just the strength of the live feed. If flying directly over head then follow DJI Tony's video above to show the correct position of the antenna.
2019-8-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-18 13:23
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend checking the channel quality under image transmission settings in DJI GO 4. If the quality is poor, replace the flight field. For additional information, ensure that the firmware of your Mavic Air and remote controller are updated then fly the aircraft in without interferences and enough GPS signal. You may also check our video tutorial for remote controller antenna which may help to increase the flight distance.

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-18
Use props
Louis Cremer
lvl.1
Lithuania

Thank you for the response. I will try your suggestions
2019-8-19
Use props
Louis Cremer
lvl.1
Lithuania

Hello Tony. Please confirm, flight filed, is that the actual area where I fly or is that a setting that I can check.
Sorry if that’s a stupid queation
2019-8-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Louis Cremer Posted at 8-19 11:55
Hello Tony. Please confirm, flight filed, is that the actual area where I fly or is that a setting that I can check.
Sorry if that’s a stupid queation

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The environment or flight field should be considered and prevent interferences from where you fly the drone to avoid possible connection problem.
2019-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules