Do I get an DJI Osmo Pocket or Mobile 3?
2111 7 2019-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

There probably a similar poll out there but what do people think?

I’ve always wanted a gimbal since the Karma came out for the Hero 5 but that was so expensive.
The mobile 2 was good value then the Pocket came out, which was appealing! I have an iPhone XS Max.

Now it’s 2019 and as always new toys come out.

What does everyone think?

Thanks in advance!

Single SelectVote, Total 14 people participate in voting
28.57% (4)
57.14% (8)
0.00% (0)
7.14% (1)
7.14% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mini-G. Thank you for reaching out and creating this poll. I hope that you will get the best answer and information and from our valued DJI co members on there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you all for your valued support.
2019-8-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

You haven't said which mobile phone you have. Or how you intend to use your device or how mobile and discrete you need it to be. Is all weather recording important to you? For any system, there are good and bad points and you need to buy tailored to your needs, not other peoples.
Good points for Osmo Pocket.
Exceptional video quality.
Portability.
Fairly good battery life.
Versatile modes, other than video.
Stable handheld footage.
Can be connected to external devices to increase usefulness.
Bad points.
Not weatherproof.
The small screen can be hard to see.
Only compatible with a few selected phones for use and activation wth.
Some peripherals stop you from adding some additional peripherals.
Adding peripherals decreases portability and increases setup time.

Just things to think about.
[Edited/ added] As for waiting for a new product.

Have you anything you use now you are happy with?  

If you want to video now, buy now.

Anything new will probably be incremental rather than game-changing. Normally it takes two to three generations of a product upgrade to make a real difference worth upgrading for.  

2019-8-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the Osmo Mobile 3 is going to be the one tool that can have the ability to hold its value longer than the Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action. The quality and ability of the Pocket and Action will likely improve significantly in future iterations whereas the Osmo Mobile 3 is dependent on the quality in cameras on smartphones and as time goes on the improvement will be in comparison with the improvements with the future Pockets and Actions. So with the Osmo Mobile 3 gimbal it's inversely dependent on future technology as compared to its other Osmos...that is why today it is a better long-term purchase and investment..
2019-8-18
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-18 09:25
I think the Osmo Mobile 3 is going to be the one tool that can have the ability to hold its value longer than the Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action. The quality and ability of the Pocket and Action will likely improve significantly in future iterations whereas the Osmo Mobile 3 is dependent on the quality in cameras on smartphones and as time goes on the improvement will be in comparison with the improvements with the future Pockets and Actions. So with the Osmo Mobile 3 gimbal it's inversely dependent on future technology as compared to its other Osmos...that is why today it is a better long-term purchase and investment..

Hi,

Yes, this is what I was thinking.
Although I do love the form factor of the Pocket but is too small?
2019-8-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini-G Posted at 8-18 13:04
Hi,

Yes, this is what I was thinking.

I don't think the form factor of the osmo is too small, I think there has to be a way for the Osmo Pocket to record 360, had it had another camera in the back and DJI could have integrated Active Track 3.0 to work in 360 video then that would have been awesome as a stabilized 360 video camera that can use it software to Active Track a 360 degree image then they likely are saving this for the future of what's to come....I suspect we'll see this interation next year and it will be called Pocket 360???
2019-8-18
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

You only get the Osmo 3 if your Phone exceeds the quality that the Osmo pocket can deliver.
2019-8-18
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4

had a phone gimbal , action camera gimbal , osomo pocket . Can forsee that pocket is the one I will use most as it is really portable
But of couse, thats my opinion
2019-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules