Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin SC not triggering the shutter in timelapse/motionlapse
12Next >
18371 46 2019-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaroslav.adame
lvl.1
Slovakia

Hi Guys,

so I've just bought the Ronin SC gimbal last week, I was going to try the motionlapse/timelapse feature with my Sony A7iii, but it does not trigger the shutter at all.
The camera is connected through USB-C-to-USB-C cable supplied in the box, it is in "PC Remote" USB mode and I've tried both Manual and Video modes on the camera - no effect. Video record button on Ronin SC works just fine and triggers the video, however, timelapse/motionlapse does nothing.

Any ideas how to make this working? :/
2019-8-18
Use props
jaroslav.adame
lvl.1
Slovakia

seriously.. am I the only one having this issue? both of my A7iii and A7Riii are behaving the same, I've also tried the app with an Android phone (instead of my iOS iphone) - still the same - trigger for stills just does not work, even though it seems to be working in the app, but nothing happens with the camera...
2019-8-20
Use props
ragiakof
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016257 ft
Greece

i have the same issue with a6300. Come on DJI
2019-8-21
Use props
tac7557
lvl.1
United States

Same issue here. Weak sauce.
2019-8-24
Use props
jianzhiteh
New
Malaysia

Same here with my A6400. Not triggering the camera to take photos during motionlapse and timelapse. Any solutions?
2019-8-25
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can confirm timelapse and motionlapse are working perfectly with the Ronin SC and the Canon M50. Also, works with my iPhone as well as my Android phone. Not sure if the issue is Sony-specific. I can say with the M50 though, the camera must be in photo (non video) mode. Do Sonys have separate still and video modes?
2019-8-25
Use props
cole.runnels
New
Canada

Moni Johnson Posted at 8-25 16:38
I can confirm timelapse and motionlapse are working perfectly with the Ronin SC and the Canon M50. Also, works with my iPhone as well as my Android phone. Not sure if the issue is Sony-specific. I can say with the M50 though, the camera must be in photo (non video) mode. Do Sonys have separate still and video modes?

I'm glad it works for you, but since it's not the same camera, the info isn't super useful.

I have the same issue. I'm on Android, if that helps. Took it out today with my A7iii/Tamron28-75 and it would go through the motion lapse motions, but not trigger the shutter.

Took it home, updated the app (v1.2.2) and the gimbal (v1.1.0.0). Now the motion lapse feature is gone from the app, but the timelapse feature seems to have motion functions now. There is no motionlapse function in the app now.

Still won't trigger the shutter, and I'm finding that when I record a point, it won't record any tilt.

TL;DR:
Motionlapse won't fire trigger or keep tilt at waypoints.
Updated app and gimbal.
Timelapse seems to have replaced motionlapse functionality, but issues persist.
I'm already peeved Apple users get extra functionality and DJI isn't being helpful about why, but this is getting ridiculous. The A7iii is listed on the compatible camera list, and with these functions.

Edited for grammar.
2019-8-28
Use props
cole.runnels
New
Canada

cole.runnels@gmail.com Posted at 8-28 14:33
I'm glad it works for you, but since it's not the same camera, the info isn't super useful.

I have the same issue. I'm on Android, if that helps. Took it out today with my A7iii/Tamron28-75 and it would go through the motion lapse motions, but not trigger the shutter.

Replying rather than editing for simplicity and visibility. It works now with the Micro-B cable. There's no reason this shouldn't work with the USB-C cable. Weird.
2019-8-28
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
  • >>>
United States

cole.runnels@gmail.com Posted at 8-28 14:33

I have the same issue. I'm on Android, if that helps. Took it out today with my A7iii/Tamron28-75 and it would go through the motion lapse motions, but not trigger the shutter.

I understand it's a different camera. That is why I asked if Sonys had separate still and video modes like some Canons. I was thinking perhaps camera mode was part of the issues others were having. So much for trying to help though, right?
2019-8-30
Use props
diukar
Flight distance : 26053 ft

wow. Guys, Im with same problem. No one has a solution? A7III
2019-9-25
Use props
fans1bb033d9
New

Hey guys, did you manage to solve the problem ?
I have a solution which worked with my a7iii.
Make all the settings for pc remote which is needed for usb c cable.
But use the micro usb cable, turn on the ronin FIRST, then the camera and it will work normal.
2019-9-28
Use props
bikoo
First Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft

working fine with me , sony A6000
2019-9-28
Use props
JRos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677362 ft

My a6500 has the same, if the camera is in a video mode, and try to use timelapse, the camera show on screen error about the camera is not in the proper shot mode every time tries to shoot a picture, but movement in time lapse is working.
To work I need to select the correct photo mode phisicaly in the camera dial. It's very annoying.

I think is a firmware issue/functionality. The Ronin firmware cannot acces the camera photo shutter mode.
As @bikoo states it's working for his a6000, so it's the same as focus pull with the wheel focus it works in the a6000 and not in the a6500
2019-9-28
Use props
bikoo
First Officer

USB-C to USB-C not working with A7III
2019-10-13
Use props
kayatherock
New

United Kingdom

Same issue with A7R III  
2019-12-8
Use props
fansd67f44b7
lvl.1

United States

Yes, confirming previous posts: do not use the MCC-C cable for timelapse shutter control. Use the MCC-Multi (not included with Ronin S). I have A7iii, just verified.
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_mTacbCtrkgNp
New
Tunisia

bikoo Posted at 2019-9-28 04:24
working fine with me , sony A6000

Hi , what are the settings that i should have , and what cable should i use, to make my shutter work with the ronin sc plz
2020-2-5
Use props
bikoo
First Officer
United Arab Emirates

djiuser_mTacbCtrkgNp Posted at 2-5 17:44
Hi , what are the settings that i should have , and what cable should i use, to make my shutter work with the ronin sc plz

2020-2-6
Use props
fans1958f090
New

Australia

I was having a similar issue last night and I found this forum thread so perhaps I can be of some use to someone in the future.

EQUIPMENT:
Sony A7III
Ronin-S
MCC Multi cable (Micro B)

ISSUE:
Camera set to interval shooting mode (internal intervalometer) Ronin S set to timelapse mode.
Ronin moves as intended but camera isn't capturing images. Message displayed "shooting ended" or similar.

Initially this looked like a compatibility issue, that the Ronin was not triggering the shutter as the photo count at the bottom corner of the phone screen never went above 0/500. But in fact it was a conflict between the Ronin and the camera's internal intervalometer. Alternately the shutter was triggered by the camera's intervalometer and the Ronin turning the interval shooting on and off.

SOLUTION:
Leave camera in normal photo mode
Set Ronin to timelapse (this will trigger shutter)

Perhaps this isn't the issue you were having and maybe it was a cable problem (and you were using Ronin SC).
2020-2-29
Use props
fans6979fa05
New

India

Has anybody found any permanent solution to this? I am facing alot of problems with it. In timelapse mode it just suddenly stop and doesn’t trigger the shutter anymore. If anybody found a solution please let me know as soon as possible. Thankyou.
2020-4-27
Use props
Rincewind
Second Officer
  • >>>
Taiwan

For whatever is worth, I had a similar problem with my RX100 mark VII.  

What I found out is that the shutter behavior needs to stay in default mode. What this means is that, in all modes, the big black button should trigger photos, while the tiny red button should start recording a video.
Via the settings, it is possible (and convenient) to make use the big black button to start recording videos when the mode dial is set to video mode. However, if you have it set like that, whenever you long press/start time lapse with the ronin SC, the camera only attempts to focus, but does not take a picture.

Also, in order to start time lapses you need to be in any photo mode and either in manual focus, or in continuous autofocus. No other AF modes worked for me.

Since starting to use the ronin SC, I've switched cameras to an a6400, and can confirm that the behavior re: red  vs black button and focus modes persists. Hope this helps.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_omhr6Hbp7lHx
New
Australia

Moni Johnson Posted at 2019-8-25 16:38

Gday Moni. I'm having trouble using the Ronin App triggering 'timelapse'.  The app it triggers photos when I press the white button on the phone but is not stitching them together for a movie just single images come out. Im fully up to date on firmware on phone (tried both iphone and android) and gimble. Were you sing timelapse settings from phone or on the app? or combining the waypoint movements of the app and timelapse settings on the phone?? Thank you!
2020-7-27
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I am not sure the app can generate the timelapse video for you. The app doesn't actually have access to the images. I have been creating the timelapse myself using the stills captured by the camera.
2020-8-3
Use props
fans299bc6f8
lvl.1

Spain

fans1bb033d9 Posted at 2019-9-28 03:54
Hey guys, did you manage to solve the problem ?
I have a solution which worked with my a7iii.
Make all the settings for pc remote which is needed for usb c cable.

This worked for me, thanks!!!
2020-8-21
Use props
djiuser_eKU1LGTBzlir
New
Flight distance : 317546 ft
Poland

fans1958f090 Posted at 2-29 20:51
I was having a similar issue last night and I found this forum thread so perhaps I can be of some use to someone in the future.

EQUIPMENT:

Thre e things which helped me with Ronin SC + Sony a6400.
1. Set USB connection to PC mode
2. Set the camera on photo not video mode.
3. And the most important. First turn on the gimbal and connect it with app and then turn on the camera. That's the reason why my Motionlapse didn't work before.
2020-8-31
Use props
pipe126
lvl.1

Colombia

Same here, i have tried everything , please help. i bought the ronin especially for motion lapse ... PLEASE HELP.....
2020-9-10
Use props
infofsrindustries.com.au
lvl.1
Flight distance : 864259 ft
Australia

Ronin-S DOES trigger my A7S mk1 in photo mode, whilst doing panorama (or manually using the shutter button on the app), however, the camera doesn't SAVE the images to the card. If I physically press the camera's shutter button, the image is saved and if I press record on the Ronin-S, it records video, but it will not save any images that are triggered by the Ronin-S.

What is this all about?????
2020-9-26
Use props
jimboocooper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86591 ft
Spain

So.... having the exact same problem with a Ronin-SC and up to date app and firmware.
Camera: Sony A7 II with 35mm f1.8 lens (SEL50F18F.SYX)
Camera USB mode set to PC Remote and tried USB LUN Setting both Multi and Single.

Scenario 1 - Connecting with USB-C to USB mini (Sony Cable):
Neither panorama nor time-lapse work - Lens focuses but shutter doesn't actually takes a picture in any of the modes.

Scenario 2 - Connecting with USB-C to USB-C with adapter (Pro Combo kit):
This way it actually starts taking pictures but then an error shows up saying the cable has been disconnected - sometimes it continues to actually take more pictures, sometimes it doesn't, or skips just a few.

Tried connecting directly or through the Focus cable interface.

Dear DJI, would you please be able to review this issue?

thanks!
2020-10-15
Use props
jimboocooper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86591 ft
Spain

jimboocooper Posted at 10-15 13:48
So.... having the exact same problem with a Ronin-SC and up to date app and firmware.
Camera: Sony A7 II with 35mm f1.8 lens (SEL50F18F.SYX)
Camera USB mode set to PC Remote and tried USB LUN Setting both Multi and Single.

Furthermore to this, an interesting finding....

It all seems to work fine with the 28-70 lens that came with the camera. Maybe it's due to the focus speed?

Panorama seemed to miss a few pictures but other than that Time-lapse worked great.
2020-10-15
Use props
gadas_
New

Poland

Hello - Sony A6300 & Ronin RSC2 user here.
Taking photos/panoramas/timelapse are not working for me either.
If someone have any solution that would be great, because I bought this product to use these functions... :/
Have a nice day!
2021-1-28
Use props
Moonspark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258789 ft
Switzerland

gadas_ Posted at 1-28 08:33
If someone have any solution that would be great, because I bought this product to use these functions... :/

Hi, I just found it out with my own RSC2 and the a6400... Have been trying for a long time. So basically, the trick is to use the Sony Multi cable. Put the camera into the PC remote USB mode and turn on the RSC2 FIRST, then connect your phone to it, and only after you've done it, turn on the camera. Hope this helps
2021-3-12
Use props
MrPFT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268612 ft
Portugal

From what I've found out (RS2 user here) about sony:

USB-C > USB-C Cable is good for video
USB-C > Sony Multi Cable is good for photos

And yes it's a pain having to switch cables to take photos/video but... yeah :\
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_qzzjOoaphD60
lvl.1
Japan

I am RS2 user.
I had same issue with A7Ⅲ and A7RⅣ.

I totally dropped the  ball on this issue.
Using ”USB-C to Micro USB”cable dose not work fine.

Just using “USB-C To Sony Multi” cable in box to take photo and time-lapse.

2021-4-12
Use props
ALLYOU Grzegorz Wasowicz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am a user of the RSC 2 and Sony a6400 - and I have the same problem.
I connect the camera via USB C TO Sony Multi.
The first gimbal, then I connect to the Android application and finally turn on the camera.

Timelapse starts to move the gimbal and there is a countdown in% -> The lens focuses, but the shutter does not actually take a picture.

What's even more strange - when the gimbal finishes its movement and the countdown reaches 100% - then the camera starts taking pictures from that moment.

Can anyone help?

This is my issee: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240237
2021-4-15
Use props
ALLYOU Grzegorz Wasowicz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I finally found a solution. How to do time-lapse with Sony cameras?

Time-lapse on SONY cameras
2021-4-16
Use props
fans8fc556cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164170 ft
Croatia

gadas_ Posted at 1-28 08:33

Same setup and the same problem here. I have tried every mode on the a6300 but nothing works.
I wrote to DJI but no answer yet. Video recording works fine via the Ronin app, but stills for panorama and timelapse doesn’t.
USB setting is PC control, USB LUN is multi and Remote control is ON.
2021-4-20
Use props
fans8fc556cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164170 ft
Croatia

MrPFT Posted at 3-12 03:53
From what I've found out (RS2 user here) about sony:

USB-C > USB-C Cable is good for video

Usb C to sony multi cable barely holds itself in the micro usb socket on the camera
2021-4-20
Use props
Danieldh
lvl.1

Switzerland

Have the Sony A7C with 24-70GM on the DJI Ronin SC2 - Everything on latest firmware - Video works, photos don’t.  This camera only has a USB-C port and Micro HDMI.  I’ve done everything listed in various forums to no avail.  I also have issues with the RavenEye screen going black when I start a recording.  Ive tried ensuring the sequence of starting stuff is done correctly, ensuring HDMI is on auto or 1080p, setting camera in all photo only modes, using manual focus, ensuring the photo button cant be used to record video etc etc.  I cant use the USB-C-to-Multi cable on this camera.  Honestly all features I bought this gimbal for don’t work and I’m very disappointed because this post is nearly 2 years old and DJI/Sony have not managed to fix it yet!
2021-6-17
Use props
panorama120
lvl.1

Hong Kong

1, Sets Manual focus mode.
2, USB mode as PC connect.
3, Sets still images stored in the camera during PC Remote shooting.   MENU →  (Setup) → [PC Remote Settings] → [Still Img. Save Dest.] →Camera only.
4, First turn on the gimbal and connect it with app and then turn on the camera.
2021-10-21
Use props
canonofficial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18553 ft
Canada

Same issue with me. I'm using Canon EOS R5 (version 1.3.1) and using latest Ronin app and firmware on Raven Eye + RS2. The time lapse does not work. The "Start" button does not do anything. Very disappointed. Tried switching photo mode and video mode, but cannot get this to work.
2021-12-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules