Inspire 2 TB50 (only charged once) : Two middle LEDs on solid
3250 1 2019-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajohnson-laird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124636 ft
United States

I have an Inspire 2 that I bought some time ago but haven't had a chance to fly other than once when I bought it (don't ask, life got in the way).

When I was preparing to fly it last week, I charged four TB50's up, powered up the aircraft with pair #1, and did all the firmware upgrades with the first pair of batteries, but I ran out of time to do the firmware upgrades for the second pair. That started to happen when I got out to the flying field the and installed the second pair of batteries.

I saw the inconsistent firmware versions message, so rushed to set up my iPhone as a hot-spot just in case Internet connectivity was required.

I thought the battery firmware updates had completed, but then I noticed that one of the TB50's had the two center LEDs on solid. Worse yet, I could not power off the Inspire 2 -- it would power off and then power on again. I had to rip the TB50's out to power it off.

I can only surmise (given the fact I've only charged the TB50 once when I got the aircraft and kept it at storage charge since), that the firmware upgrade failed and somehow bricked the TB50. I've tried charging it, but it will not charge -- the charging hub does not even recognize it.

Is there any way of forcing the TB50 to accept a firmware upgrade? (In other vendor's parlance: Is there any way to force the firmware in the TB50 to go into bootloader mode?)
Thanks in advance
Andy

2019-8-18
Use props
ajohnson-laird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124636 ft
United States

OK. I figured it out. The two center lights on solid appear to be an initial condition for a pending firmware update. The issue is how to force such an update?

The answer is to power up the Inspire 2 with just the problem TB50 installed. Yeah, it will power up even though the battery is not communicating with the aircraft, etc.

Then, if you're lucky (as I was), you will get an inconsistent firmware message with the option to update the firmware. Then the top LED of the two center ones (LED #2 counting from the top), starts to flash rapidly as the firmware update occurs, then the Inspire automagically power cycles -- and the TB50 is now back in the land of the living and apparently none the worse for wear.

Hope this helps someone else if they have the same problem.
Andy
2019-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules