Robomaster App Update.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
lvl.4
United States

It seems the Robomaster app was updated on August 15. There is also a new firmware version (v00.05.0028) but it seems it was mostly a maintenance release (again).

WHAT'S NEW
App
• Added Programming Sleep Mode to save the battery power of the S1 while programing in Lab.
• Added Wi-Fi Channel Settings when connected via Wi-Fi to improve the connection quality of S1 in environments with signal interference.
• Added ability to turn off the S1 in the app.
• Added ability to import DSP files in Lab for the Windows version of the RoboMaster app.
• Optimized overall app experience.

* For the above firmware updates, the version of the S1 must be v00.05.0028 or above.

2019-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BGA. Thank you for sharing these information with regards to the new firmware for the DJI Robomaster S1 and thank you for your support.
2019-8-18
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

This is good news!  Some of those features are significant upgrades!  This bodes well for IR Cannon Unlock, Speaker Unlock, UART Unlock, and more!  The journey continues!
2019-8-18
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Has anyone figured out what the "ability to import DSP files in Lab for the Windows version of the RoboMaster app." means?
I searched just about everywhere to find something out about this new feature andI found nothing. I feel this is comething important because Digital Signal Processing, if that's what it means, is what image recognition and sound processing are all about, so it could impact the functionality of the S1 significantly.
2019-8-18
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

DSP is the extension used for Robomaster S1 programs. This just means that you can now import those files in the windows app.
2019-8-18
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

MarkusXL Posted at 8-18 18:40
This is good news!  Some of those features are significant upgrades!  This bodes well for IR Cannon Unlock, Speaker Unlock, UART Unlock, and more!  The journey continues!

Wait. Am I missing something? Obviously the updates are welcome but I see nothing major on that list.
2019-8-18
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Correct, nothing major, just significant.  In particular, the ability to power down remotely and the power save mode are clear indication of work being done at a low level in the system.  That makes me a bit more confident for more significant updates in the future, and hopefully even major ones.

I'm all kinda giddy my updates were just now all successful!  Whew!

2019-8-18
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

MarkusXL Posted at 8-18 20:18
Correct, nothing major, just significant.  In particular, the ability to power down remotely and the power save mode are clear indication of work being done at a low level in the system.  That makes me a bit more confident for more significant updates in the future, and hopefully even major ones.

I'm all kinda giddy my updates were just now all successful!  Whew!

Fair enough, but common sense reasoning tends to point that they *ARE* working on their just released product, right? From that point of view, the update does not really tells much.
2019-8-19
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

True that but at least it doesn't fuel the fear that DJI will drop the S1 like a lead potato if the numbers aren't there.  Since the numbers are secret we don't know, but if they are strong we have nothing to worry about and more users will encourage more features to be unlocked.

Speaking of that, we need a definitive list somewhere that we can all see what the top and best features we need.  Having to push the button to launch the autonomous program is one I keep forgetting mention, as well as Speaker, UART, and Laser and Laser Hit Detection in program mode.
2019-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules