Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Haven't flown my Mavic in a year
3845 18 2019-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello guys,

I was so busy in school the past year hence the title. I am about to use it in a couple of weeks for a short weekend getaway. I plugged it into my Macbook and it says the version V01.04.0500 and is current. Is this really the last update the Mavic PRO had? I don't know what I missed but help me guys here to make sure I fly safe when I use it again. Also, there is no update for my RC.

Any help would be appreciated. Let me know what needs to be done to make sure I don't mess up when I fly again.
2019-8-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

If youve not used it for a year keep a careful eye on the batteries.  might be worth doing some very low flying around you garden to prove they are still OK.
2019-8-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The latest firmware version can be determined by locating the "Release Notes" of your DJI Product. You may refer to the link below to check the latest version of the Mavic Pro. It's recommended to do the pre-flight checklist prior to fly the drone. Thank you for your support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf

2019-8-19
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

If it's been a year you probably want to check and see if you are using the latest version of Go 4 as well, and a re-read of the manual wouldn't be a bad idea. Good tip from DAFlys about the batteries. Have fun!
2019-8-19
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-18 23:30
If youve not used it for a year keep a careful eye on the batteries.  might be worth doing some very low flying around you garden to prove they are still OK.

Thank you! I check the batteries regularly and recharge them when they're low. I will be very careful.
2019-8-19
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 8-19 10:12
If it's been a year you probably want to check and see if you are using the latest version of Go 4 as well, and a re-read of the manual wouldn't be a bad idea. Good tip from DAFlys about the batteries. Have fun!

My Go 4 has the latest version but I always update my Mavic using the Assistant and like what I mentioned earliers, there was no prompt to update my Mavic Pro. I will try to see if there is an update when I connect it to my App. Thanks!
2019-8-19
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 8-19 10:54
Thank you! I check the batteries regularly and recharge them when they're low. I will be very careful.

No only the batteries but the remote battery also i hope?
2019-8-19
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 8-19 12:10
No only the batteries but the remote battery also i hope?

yes, including the remote.
2019-8-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 8-19 13:10
yes, including the remote.

There might also be 'flysafe' database updates popping up on screen (or not). With all powered up and connected (and a good wifi connection for display device) look at 'About' in the general settings menu, from there you can check for and update these if needed.
2019-8-19
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 8-19 14:29
There might also be 'flysafe' database updates popping up on screen (or not). With all powered up and connected (and a good wifi connection for display device) look at 'About' in the general settings menu, from there you can check for and update these if needed.

Hello,

I believe this is the only thing that updated my Mavic Pro. Other than that, the firmware says its updated but the date is 9/3/18.
2019-8-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 8-19 15:49
Hello,

I believe this is the only thing that updated my Mavic Pro. Other than that, the firmware says its updated but the date is 9/3/18.

Yes that's the latest and greatest :-)

The Release notes  give a good summary of what the various updates have introduced.
2019-8-19
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 8-19 16:16
Yes that's the latest and greatest :-)

The Release notes  give a good summary of what the various updates have introduced.

I think I'm good.
2019-8-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

We haven't seen any real major updates to the GO 4 Application for Mavic Pro or Spark only the Mavic 2 has seen updates for the Smart Controller, etc..
2019-8-22
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Also been a while for me, but just months, and have kept up with the updates and charged the batteries twice.  The batteries are very good at going down slowly and leveling out at the recommended condition.  All this due to problems with eye sight, have gotten 4 injections in left eye so far, and there have been subtle little changes, it's not as bad as it was, but also not as good as it was.  Here's hoping that I'll be back to learning how to fly mine.  Have it super clean and taken care of for when I can take it out.
2019-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

HH1 Posted at 8-22 16:59
Also been a while for me, but just months, and have kept up with the updates and charged the batteries twice.  The batteries are very good at going down slowly and leveling out at the recommended condition.  All this due to problems with eye sight, have gotten 4 injections in left eye so far, and there have been subtle little changes, it's not as bad as it was, but also not as good as it was.  Here's hoping that I'll be back to learning how to fly mine.  Have it super clean and taken care of for when I can take it out.

Fingers crossed you'll be flying again soon.  
2019-8-23
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-23 00:20
Fingers crossed you'll be flying again soon.

Fingers and toes  Thanks for the good thought)
2019-8-23
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 8-19 10:54

Be sure to check CELL VOLTAGE

Anything under 3.65/cell.....land A S A P

Randy
2019-8-24
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 8-24 19:10
Be sure to check CELL VOLTAGE

Anything under 3.65/cell.....land A S A P

Thanks! I will keep an eye on that!
2019-8-26
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>

Hello, I was able to fly safely. The only problem I encountered is the exposure of the photos and videos. They really look overexposed. I have never shoot in manual mode before, I always use the auto settings and didn't have any problem. I had to manually set the ISO, WB, etc to be able to take photos. Any advise?
2019-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules