Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Image Transmission Lost | Report Message
2267 10 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Hi there!

Lately, many MAir drone losses have been reported. Almost all, preceded by this "timeless" message. In many cases, total loss is inevitable. Therefore, you can only find out "what happened" by analyzing the flight record of the smartphone / tablet.

Of the statistics that DJI can have, is it possible to have a complete list of the know reasons that cause this disconnection? It can only occur because of interference?

"Image Transmission Lost" indicates that only the image signal has been lost? or has the total link between RC and AC been lost? In the latter case, it is understood that with a strong GPS signal the drone should start an RTH?

I think all MAir users would be safer, knowing these cases. That from the knowledge base of DJI can be transmitted to us.

Thank's DJI for this info. It will help to make safer flights and avoid so many losses and unease.

Best regards!

2019-8-19
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

I think a lot of folks confuse "Image Transmission Lost", the DJI app crashing, and a hard AC disconnect as the same type of event.
It's not.
Image Transmission lost/App crash is not catastophic, you still have control of the AC.
If the AC link is lost, then the AC will return to home(or hover) as you set in the Go app.
2019-8-19
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Spain

Flycaster Posted at 8-19 07:34
I think a lot of folks confuse "Image Transmission Lost", the DJI app crashing, and a hard AC disconnect as the same type of event.
It's not.
Image Transmission lost/App crash is not catastophic, you still have control of the AC.

Thank's for you reply. In many cases after the "Lost transmission image" message, the drone flies away and cannot be recovered.

This afternoon (2019/08/19), DJI has published in the appStore (iOS), the version 4.3.24 of DJI GO 4, the details are:

Improves app stability

Will this update solve these problems?
2019-8-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

QQRUCH Posted at 8-19 11:10
Thank's for you reply. In many cases after the "Lost transmission image" message, the drone flies away and cannot be recovered.

This afternoon (2019/08/19), DJI has published in the appStore (iOS), the version 4.3.24 of DJI GO 4, the details are:

Lost transmission only means video transmission is los, nothing else, you still have full control of RC and craft, many people choose to fly BVLOS so panic can set in and lack of information or knowledge results in aircraft crash or loss.
Procedure is simple hold Rth button for approx 3 seconds and craft will fly home, you can even turn off RC and craft will return home.
I believe although this is in the manual, it should be more prominent and warnings and possible outcomes should be published .
Thanks for bringing it to the attention of others .
2019-8-19
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 8-19 11:51
Lost transmission only means video transmission is los, nothing else, you still have full control of RC and craft, many people choose to fly BVLOS so panic can set in and lack of information or knowledge results in aircraft crash or loss.
Procedure is simple hold Rth button for approx 3 seconds and craft will fly home, you can even turn off RC and craft will return home.
I believe although this is in the manual, it should be more prominent and warnings and possible outcomes should be published .

Thanks for your feedback [hallmark007] Captain, I worry that many people report the loss with this casuistry.

Always fly safe!
2019-8-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

QQRUCH Posted at 8-19 12:13
Thanks for your feedback [hallmark007] Captain, I worry that many people report the loss with this casuistry.

Always fly safe!

I’m not sure why there would be any fly away in this situation or indeed loss of transmission IE ocusync in both situations there are sufficient failsafes in place to guard from loosing your drone.
But if these failsafes are not fully understood then this is a fault of not reading the manual throughly or manual not being explained correctly .
2019-8-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts here regarding this matter. Image transmission and connection between the aircraft can easily be interrupted when flying the drone in a hazardous environment. However, this scenario is a case to case basis and it depends on the outcome of our investigation. If the image transmission will be interrupted, this doesn't mean that you couldn't control the drone. You can still command the drone and it's recommended to land the drone to a safe area. For the remote controller that is suddenly disconnected from the aircraft, the failsafe RTH function will automatically trigger as long as it meets the requirements. Please see the link below. Thank you for your support.

2019-8-21
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 8-21 11:34
Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts here regarding this matter. Image transmission and connection between the aircraft can easily be interrupted when flying the drone in a hazardous environment. However, this scenario is a case to case basis and it depends on the outcome of our investigation. If the image transmission will be interrupted, this doesn't mean that you couldn't control the drone. You can still command the drone and it's recommended to land the drone to a safe area. For the remote controller that is suddenly disconnected from the aircraft, the failsafe RTH function will automatically trigger as long as it meets the requirements. Please see the link below. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

Hello Tony, thanks for your feedback! Best regards.
2019-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

QQRUCH Posted at 8-21 14:59
Hello Tony, thanks for your feedback! Best regards.

My pleasure.
2019-8-22
Use props
Kelisko
lvl.3

United States

Could also be bad settings. If you configured the aircraft not to return to home if the signal gets lost, it will hover in place, waiting for you. When the battery level gets critical, it will land there.
2019-8-22
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Spain

Kelisko Posted at 8-22 13:21
Could also be bad settings. If you configured the aircraft not to return to home if the signal gets lost, it will hover in place, waiting for you. When the battery level gets critical, it will land there.

Thank's for your info [Kelisko]. Best regards!
2019-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules