OK DJI... Give it to us straight!
1047 16 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canefan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88074 ft
United States

Mods... has DJI abandoned the Mavic Air?  Will they ever release any enhancements to this product or have they moved on?  Be honest with us.

2019-8-19
Use props
Magnificent
lvl.1

Trinidad and Tobago

I was wondering the same
2019-8-19
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

I'm curious to know what sorts of enhancements you'd like to see?  The only "enhancements" DJI typically releases are firmware updates.
2019-8-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

How long do you think they will continue to give you enhancements ? I think  optimizations will continue through FW and SW, but I don’t believe more add ons are in the future .
2019-8-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just to put it in perspective, DJI has released as many firmware updates for the Mavic Air in 2019 as they have for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.  Both of their last firmware updates were released in April 2019.  Should we be asking the same question of the Mavic 2 drones?

If you go back and look at the history of the Mavic Pro, I think you'll likely find that when it was 1.5 yrs old, it got very few and minor updates.  Pretty much any product, after it gets to a certain maturity, updates become few and far between.

But just because updates aren't coming regularly, doesn't mean its not still a great drone.

As a business person, if I were the person running DJI, would I be putting my limited resources towards adding features to a 1.5+ yr old product that was only a mild success?  Or would I be putting those resources towards building a brand new product to put out on the market?  Its a pretty easy answer for me.

As a consumer, I would love new features on the Mavic Air, but understand that doesn't really help DJI financially.  As a consumer, I would also love to see the next big thing come from DJI ASAP.  I would love to see a 4K drone with a 3-axis gimbal that is under 250 grams!  I hope this is something they are working towards and are able to make it happen soon!
2019-8-19
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
United States

BKahuna Posted at 8-19 06:48
I'm curious to know what sorts of enhancements you'd like to see?  The only "enhancements" DJI typically releases are firmware updates.

They have not fulfilled any community requests that I'm aware of other than safety issues.  No Dynamic homepoint, Waypoints, quieter OEM props to name a few.  I thought when this came out that it was a flagship product for DJI, but they seemed to abandon it pretty quickly after it's release.
2019-8-19
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

"when this came out that it was a flagship product for DJI, "...
Mavic Air...
"Flagship"?
I don't think so, Tim...
2019-8-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, the Mavic Air hasn't reached its end of life period, therefore, we're still supporting this particular drone. Regarding the optimization of some functions, we don't have information if there will be a plan to add or optimize some functionality of this Mavic Air in the future. However, if there will be changes within the Mavic Air, you will be notified thru firmware or application update. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for understanding.
2019-8-19
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 8-19 07:20
Just to put it in perspective, DJI has released as many firmware updates for the Mavic Air in 2019 as they have for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.  Both of their last firmware updates were released in April 2019.  Should we be asking the same question of the Mavic 2 drones?

If you go back and look at the history of the Mavic Pro, I think you'll likely find that when it was 1.5 yrs old, it got very few and minor updates.  Pretty much any product, after it gets to a certain maturity, updates become few and far between.

Those firmware updates were to deal with deficiencies in their own software.  They did not add additional functionality.  Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe that they added a single feature to the MA after it's release.  The big one for me is dynamic homepoint which they added to the Spark after it's release.  Why would they not turn that on for the MA?
2019-8-19
Use props
SupCarlos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI will never give us anything "straight"
2019-8-19
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Flycaster Posted at 8-19 07:29
"when this came out that it was a flagship product for DJI, "...
Mavic Air...
"Flagship"?

2019-8-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flagship?  Lol, wut?  It’s a WiFi drone...
2019-8-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Canefan Posted at 8-19 07:22
They have not fulfilled any community requests that I'm aware of other than safety issues.  No Dynamic homepoint, Waypoints, quieter OEM props to name a few.  I thought when this came out that it was a flagship product for DJI, but they seemed to abandon it pretty quickly after it's release.

60 FPS 4K , course lock, ability to change lens.
Mavic Air has had 6 FW update along with SW updates, yes most but not all were to optimize the craft, I know when I purchased this drone I bought what I bought because I thought it was worth it and I have found over the period of time I’ve owned I have got great value from it, I never expected dji to add on anything, but I expected them to improve the craft .
Regarding the low noise props, I have tried both sets of master screw props and IMO the noise reduction was minute, I think for some it was a placebo but that’s it.
You have a great craft other stuff your looking is available on other craft and that’s just life, if you needed dynamic home point you bought the wrong craft, or maybe it wasn’t as important as you think it is.

Yes safety features have improved, and I for one would prefer if this was and always be the first on djis list when it comes to improving their drones .
2019-8-19
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just flew my Mavic air around the beach. I love this little drone along with my Sparky. It's working as it is suppose to be, no further update is needed.
2019-8-19
Use props
fly less combo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Took our $$$ & run . I have a battery problem charged it 6 times frm brand new & now it refuses to charge just 2 flashes a second on the 4th LED ,
2019-8-19
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

fly less combo Posted at 8-19 13:44
Took our $$$ & run . I have a battery problem charged it 6 times frm brand new & now it refuses to charge just 2 flashes a second on the 4th LED ,

Well, get with DJI and open a ticket to send the battery back for replacement...
2019-8-20
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

RIP Air
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules