AE lock
739 8 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stanley1993
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hallo DJI .....In the last few days I have been figuring out how I can best use the AE lock function. i do this because when i put the mavic air on auto exposure the light changes all the time in the video. now I have tried it a number of times with AE lock and then the light does not change, but I have a noise in the grass or in shadows. Wat can i do that my video’s Doesnt change light al the time? And that i dont have the noise in darker areas of the video ?
2019-8-19
Use props
stanley1993
lvl.1
Netherlands

So Lets say you wanna fly over a building to reveal wat is behind the building. Wat is the best place to lock the exsposure , do you lock before you fly over the building or first lock the part over the building ( the part you want to reveal).

And i normal sitiuation you lock the brightest part or the darkest part or in between that ??
2019-8-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

stanley1993 Posted at 8-19 08:06
So Lets say you wanna fly over a building to reveal wat is behind the building. Wat is the best place to lock the exsposure , do you lock before you fly over the building or first lock the part over the building ( the part you want to reveal).

And i normal sitiuation you lock the brightest part or the darkest part or in between that ??

This is one of those things that you either ride the exposure as you fly -- difficult to do smoothly but allows continuous video -- or do two passes, locking each exposure to the best one for a given pass, and then combine in post.

A third choice is to try to compensate for the exposure change in post, but that's even more challenging and then you have the noise issues as you try to lift shadows (it's easier to recover detail in shadows than blown out scenes).

Ass for your second question, try turning on the histogram and expose so that the signal is in the middle rather than piled up at either side.

Hope this helps.
2019-8-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best to fly in one direction then stop record, yaw the drone, realign the exposure manually to the new direction and begin recording then use transitions in the video edit.
2019-8-19
Use props
stanley1993
lvl.1
Netherlands

Ex Machina Posted at 8-19 08:16
This is one of those things that you either ride the exposure as you fly -- difficult to do smoothly but allows continuous video -- or do two passes, locking each exposure to the best one for a given pass, and then combine in post.

A third choice is to try to compensate for the exposure change in post, but that's even more challenging and then you have the noise issues as you try to lift shadows (it's easier to recover detail in shadows than blown out scenes).

Thanks !
2019-8-20
Use props
stanley1993
lvl.1
Netherlands

A J Posted at 8-19 11:14
Best to fly in one direction then stop record, yaw the drone, realign the exposure manually to the new direction and begin recording then use transitions in the video edit.

Thanks
2019-8-20
Use props
stanley1993
lvl.1
Netherlands

A J Posted at 8-19 11:14

and what if you aim the gimbal to the ground and then slowly raise it to reveal the sky  The moment the sky comes into the screen. The light changes alot  
2019-8-20
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2019-8-20
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stanley1993 Posted at 8-20 02:02
and what if you aim the gimbal to the ground and then slowly raise it to reveal the sky  The moment the sky comes into the screen. The light changes alot

Try playing with manual settings which will fix the EV from both end points - pitching the gimbal up with the sun to the back of the drone will not make the transition in light as severe.
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules