Spark Dronie Not Saving
1311 9 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scalphelps
lvl.1
United States

DJI Go4 ver 4.3.20, iPhone 7 iOS 12.4

Multiple times, when performing the Dronie Quickshot, it does not save to my photos or videos on either the DJI Go4 or phone. When I look at my flight logs, I can actually find the log in which the dronie was flown, but the actual shot is not anywhere. Rocket, circle and helix shots can be found but their corresponding flight logs cannot be found.

This occured before updating iPhone and DJI app.

Is this a setting thing? Or am I just losing data somehow?
2019-8-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Is a quickshot not saved on SD and you need to download it, within the Go4?
2019-8-19
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

What do you mean by "corresponding flight logs" for Rocket, circle and helix shots? A single flight log records from take off to landing. Whatever Quickshots you perform within the flight are not saved separately.
2019-8-19
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Forget quick shots. They'd be ok if they left the stupid camera alone, but they insist I stop the video, then they fiddle the camera settings.

Most of them are easy to fly manually. Practice practice practice.
2019-8-20
Use props
Scalphelps
lvl.1
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 8-19 23:44
What do you mean by "corresponding flight logs" for Rocket, circle and helix shots? A single flight log records from take off to landing. Whatever Quickshots you perform within the flight are not saved separately.

@nilanjan118  Exactly. I take off, perform the dronie and land. The flight log shows the dronie, but the actual shot is not anywhere on the app. yes, I know this isnt the most efficient way of flying, but Im still learning so this is what I do.

Even if I did a bunch of other flying and maybe performed a couple of quickshots along the way, I get everything except the dronie on my SD card and available on the app.
2019-8-20
Use props
Scalphelps
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 8-19 18:06
Is a quickshot not saved on SD and you need to download it, within the Go4?

A dronie - nope. Everything else, yes. I can pull from app or SD card.
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We already released the new update for the DJI Go 4 application. Can you please try to sync your flight records in the application and try to uninstall and reinstall the app then try to perform a Quickshot again to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to help you further. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-8-20
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Japan

Scalphelps Posted at 8-20 06:46
@nilanjan118  Exactly. I take off, perform the dronie and land. The flight log shows the dronie, but the actual shot is not anywhere on the app. yes, I know this isnt the most efficient way of flying, but Im still learning so this is what I do.

Even if I did a bunch of other flying and maybe performed a couple of quickshots along the way, I get everything except the dronie on my SD card and available on the app.

Ok. Understood. As far as I remember, the recording automatically starts when you start any quickshot and the AC returns to the starting position after completing the shot. Not sure if you are somehow cancelling the recording.
2019-8-20
Use props
Scalphelps
lvl.1
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 8-20 15:51
Ok. Understood. As far as I remember, the recording automatically starts when you start any quickshot and the AC returns to the starting position after completing the shot. Not sure if you are somehow cancelling the recording.

Yep, got all that. Not stopping the dronie. But here's a funny one, the other day I did stop a Circle quickshot in the middle due to some obstruction I had overlooked, but that still saved the partial. Weird right??

Updating the app as suggested above and will see what happens.
2019-8-21
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Japan

Scalphelps Posted at 8-21 05:10
Yep, got all that. Not stopping the dronie. But here's a funny one, the other day I did stop a Circle quickshot in the middle due to some obstruction I had overlooked, but that still saved the partial. Weird right??

Updating the app as suggested above and will see what happens.

Strange indeed. Do let us know if you are able to get around this issue. Cheers!!
2019-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules