Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Gimbal motor protected Error DOA
22873 25 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wetfun
lvl.1

United States

Just got my Osmo 3 from China. The unit does not open or extend. I get this error message: Gimbal Error - Motor protected - Please resume with a restart option, restart does not work, the error just comes back. Called DJI they did not know this error message. Said Engineering will call me back. How do I get an RMA for this product, or a fix.
2019-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, apologies for the issues you've had with your Osmo Mobile 3. May we ask the phone number used when calling our support via personal message? We'd like to check. Also, if it's convenient, please provide us footage of the issues and the errors with the gimbal. You may either use  Dropbox or Google Drive account and provide us the link. We look forward to resolving this. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-8-19
Use props
Wetfun
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-19 11:05
Hi, apologies for the issues you've had with your Osmo Mobile 3. May we ask the phone number used when calling our support via personal message? We'd like to check. Also, if it's convenient, please provide us footage of the issues and the errors with the gimbal. You may either use  Dropbox or Google Drive account and provide us the link. We look forward to resolving this. We're here to help. Thank you.

phone is 510 506 2500
2019-8-19
Use props
Wetfun
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-19 11:05

phone is 510 506 2500. error is as stated on phone in the app
2019-8-19
Use props
Wetfun
lvl.1

United States

2019-8-19
Use props
STRIDE8
Captain
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

2019-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi, thank you for confirming. Kindly watch and try this video on how to balance the Osmo. Thank you.
2019-8-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

It doesn't unfold on its own, you have to open it out by hand, then turn on.
2019-8-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

The need to unfold the gimbal before use is shown in your own video, in the first ten seconds.  It's expected behaviour, not a fault.  I am pretty sure the original poster has been trying to operate the gimbal in its folded state, which I would expect would result in a gimbal error being shown in the app.
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-20 00:07
The need to unfold the gimbal before use is shown in your own video, in the first ten seconds.  It's expected behaviour, not a fault.  I am pretty sure the original poster has been trying to operate the gimbal in its folded state, which I would expect would result in a gimbal error being shown in the app.

Yes, it must be unfolded manually, Osmo Mobile 3 will not automatically unfold. Thanks for your clarification.
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-19 13:47
It doesn't unfold on its own, you have to open it out by hand, then turn on.

Osmo Mobile 3 will not unfold on its own, please unfold it manually, then attach the mobile phone and balance it, then power on. The error should disappear.
2019-8-20
Use props
djiuser_nodR5QtU87U6
New

Again, DJI should have included this answer in the user's manual! Gimbal will not unfold on its own from locked folded position.
2019-10-15
Use props
djiuser_BwYuegKOrrRv
New

Philippines

I also experienced the same thing, we bought it 3 months ago in Japan. It started spinning crazy, we even followed the balancing video by dji.
2020-4-15
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

DJI Diana Posted at 2019-8-20 19:35
Osmo Mobile 3 will not unfold on its own, please unfold it manually, then attach the mobile phone and balance it, then power on. The error should disappear.

Apologies for being off-topic, but could you please weigh-in on this topic as well?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=212510
2020-4-16
Use props
djiuser_9dVs6kJa5VBL
New
Netherlands

I got a problem. When turn it on the osmo turns the wrong way around and motor is warm. Gets the  messages motor protected. Please resumé
I tried to calibrate but with no Luck. Its just  a few days old.

Please help.
2020-4-19
Use props
fans00246fca
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_BwYuegKOrrRv Posted at 4-15 06:30
I also experienced the same thing, we bought it 3 months ago in Japan. It started spinning crazy, we even followed the balancing video by dji.

I have a brand new Osmo 3 and having the same problem.  "Gimbal error".   Were you ever able to get this resolved?
2020-6-27
Use props
fans00246fca
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_9dVs6kJa5VBL Posted at 4-19 03:34
I got a problem. When turn it on the osmo turns the wrong way around and motor is warm. Gets the  messages motor protected. Please resumé

I have this problem.  Were you able to get this resolved?
2020-6-27
Use props
Reynolds Justiniano Ronald Richard
New

Bolivia

djiuser_9dVs6kJa5VBL Posted at 4-19 03:34
I got a problem. When turn it on the osmo turns the wrong way around and motor is warm. Gets the  messages motor protected. Please resumé

same problem...any solution ?
2020-9-5
Use props
musclev
lvl.1

Colombia

I have a brand new Osmo 3 and having the same problem.  "Gimbal error".   Were you ever able to get this resolved?
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_SugwgDXZySSc
New

Brazil

O meu osmo mobile 3 está apresentando essa mensagem de erro no stabilizador e motor protegido, já tentei de tudo e não consigo resolver o problema, alguém já teve esse problema e saber como resolver
2020-12-28
Use props
djiuser_b8oZQHVZDt6x
New

Brazil

djiuser_SugwgDXZySSc Posted at 2020-12-28 15:13
O meu osmo mobile 3 está apresentando essa mensagem de erro no stabilizador e motor protegido, já tentei de tudo e não consigo resolver o problema, alguém já teve esse problema e saber como resolver

Estou com o mesmo problema, o osmo após ligar tem ficado posicionado do lado contrário e se desliga, dizendo proteção do motor. Você conseguiu resolver o problema?
2021-7-13
Use props
djiuser_ey4UBgpFHyMH
New

India

My Osmo mob 3 is showing motor protected error  and its not working or motor rotating crazy
joystick is not responding   how to fix this please help
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_9BRAKkKuDrZR
New

Indonesia

Same problem anybody succes step repair
2021-10-26
Use props
djiuser_d9gAeZG6b9bi
New
Bangladesh

i have also suffering form this problem
2021-12-12
Use props
djiuser_zUYNCu5cdbg9
New

Netherlands

Purchased a DJI OM4 last December. Gimbal is giving a error, motor protected message. Tried to calibrate, even removed the app and installed again. Doesn’t work. Are there still no other solutions for this problem? #dji
2022-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_zUYNCu5cdbg9 Posted at 8-20 00:19
Purchased a DJI OM4 last December. Gimbal is giving a error, motor protected message. Tried to calibrate, even removed the app and installed again. Doesn’t work. Are there still no other solutions for this problem? #dji

Hi, I am sorry to read about the issue. Please attach a phone to the magnetic phone clamp, and check whether the gimbal can be balanced, try to calibrate the gimbal and make sure that the firmware has been updated.
Besides, please check if any of the three axes feels or gets obstructed when DJI OM 4 is powered off. If yes, you may need to send the unit back for further diagnosis and service.
You can click https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair to start an online repair case.
2022-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules