Feature Requests
5090 46 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
Second Officer

Allow writing programs with Go (https://www.golang.org). As A compiled language, it should result into faster programs. Go easily compiles to a single self-contained binary. It is also easy to limit the available internal packages (for example, to prevent usage of the unsafe package).
2019-9-30
Use props
BGA
Second Officer

Support Python classes. Currently trying to use classes results in an error about __build_class__ not being found.
2019-10-2
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210226 ft

A charging dock that the S1 can find by itself, when battery is low.

Since it can already connect to a WiFi router and stream video, it is most of the way towards being a decent telepresence / surveillance robot. I can already mock this up by controlling with the Windows app, and using Remote Desktop to log into that computer remotely.

The key missing ability is to be able to top up battery when pilot is absent.

Might seem difficult to retrofit to existing bots, but there is that big hatch in the bottom, that could be replaced by a hatch with contacts, and some kind of smart battery charge mechanism in the chassis.
2019-10-2
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

gpvillamil Posted at 10-2 22:47
A charging dock that the S1 can find by itself, when battery is low.

Since it can already connect to a WiFi router and stream video, it is most of the way towards being a decent telepresence / surveillance robot. I can already mock this up by controlling with the Windows app, and using Remote Desktop to log into that computer remotely.

The Qi Wireless Charging Standard seems to be one of the ways to go.
As you suggest, the bottom plate of the chassis could integrate the inductive charging counterpart to the Qi inductive charger. A smart charger would then have to interface with the S1 battery. A Marker could be printed on top of the charging plate to make it possible for the S1 to find the plate and position itself over it correctly.
2019-10-2
Use props
BGA
Second Officer

Allow functions with parameters in Scratch code. I think this is the big missing piece for parity between Scratch and Python code (I am ignoring for now that Python coding is missing features any developer would expect).
2019-10-3
Use props
BGA
Second Officer

Similar to the previous one I posted, but more specific: Allow S1 specific libraries. This would be code that can be loaded and used by S1 programs just as a python library would be. This would remove a loto of copy and paste (and copy and paste errors) from programs that do similar things.

2019-10-8
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

I've been working with Line following challenges lately and have found myself wanting for the RoboMaster S1 to be able to follow Yellow or White lines. It would be nice to have a broader choice available other than Red, Blue or Green.
2019-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules