Video Flicker From Spark
1561 7 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roundyuk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12408 ft
United Kingdom

I seen some strange issues with my Spark before in low light (where the focus seems to drop in and out), but I've never noticed video flicker before....

On this video you can see from about 02:19 - 02:30 the green areas seem to flicker....? Not sure if the drone is struggling with the different exposure required...? Or pehaps just my laptop being a pain...?

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhYNTewtlZhXiMZ_VjDXvDs77ydtBw?e=1hUcDq
2019-8-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. We tried to open the video that you've provided to examine, however, it seems that the link is not working. Would it be possible if you could re-upload the video using google drive or dropbox? Also, may we know if the video was from the SD card of the Spark? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

2019-8-19
Use props
roundyuk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 8-19 13:04
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. We tried to open the video that you've provided to examine, however, it seems that the link is not working. Would it be possible if you could re-upload the video using google drive or dropbox? Also, may we know if the video was from the SD card of the Spark? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

[view_image]

Ok, try this one on Dropbox... thanks :-)   https://www.dropbox.com/s/hymj2sxbjdtjcg6/DJI_0155.MP4?dl=0
Yes, the video is direct from the SD card.
2019-8-19
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

All devices which have a small sensor and which use EIS have this problem in low light. But to be very honest the flicker in your video is barely noticeable.
2019-8-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dropbox is so bad, here is your video.
2019-8-19
Use props
roundyuk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-19 16:12
Dropbox is so bad, here is your video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQge2sZfdg&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the feedback guys, I did wonder if it was "to be expected" - overall I am very happy with the quality, can you tell my misses is too :-D

I felt like the motion blur was quite intense - assume that's something I can improve on by setting the camera up manually? I've read about shutter speed etc. and getting them as close to the 30fps match as poss..?
2019-8-20
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Nice video.

Were you using automatic exposure? I saw something like this once, but not nearly as subtle as yours with automagic exposure.

For motion blur: Beware of panning! I bought an ND16 filter, and I'm still not sure I don't like the crisper video at the higher shutter speeds better.
2019-8-20
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Tentoes Posted at 8-20 05:11
Nice video.

Were you using automatic exposure? I saw something like this once, but not nearly as subtle as yours with automagic exposure.

I agree with you. Any device which uses EIS struggles to keep up with bad light at low shutter speed. You need a 3-axis gimbal to get smooth videos at 30fps shooting at 1/60sec shutter speed. Search for GoPro videos shot at low light and you will find that the "flicker" is a lot worse than the Spark. So to get the best out of these devices, you need to shoot at max shutter speed and then edit in post.
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules