Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal motor overload error
6533 9 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRAF FAF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 392520 ft
United Kingdom

• Hi, I need some advice. My Mavic Pro Platinum started to display a Gimbal motor load too large error yesterday. I have tried recalibrating the Gimbal but it keeps failing at 5%. I haven't crashed the drone or damaged anything. Any ideas on how to rectify this?

2019-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MRAF FAF. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to perform a gimbal calibration to see if there would be some changes. Also, I will highly recommend you to update your firmware for us to avoid any issues or problems. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-8-19
Use props
MRAF FAF
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-19 12:13
Hello and good day MRAF FAF. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to perform a gimbal calibration to see if there would be some changes. Also, I will highly recommend you to update your firmware for us to avoid any issues or problems. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

i have tried to perform a Gimbal calibration but it never gets past 5%. I am also on the latest firmware
2019-8-19
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

From my many hours/miles of flight time, whenever I read Gimbal motor overload was because I'd crashed or banged up the cam around on a hard surface.
Guess you can try calibrating from a computer if you haven't tried this.

2019-8-19
Use props
MRAF FAF
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for the response, i have tried calibrating from a computer but no joy. Nope i havent crashed either. Took the drone on holiday with me to Turkey. Got lots of great footage with no problems. Brought it out to use last Sunday and got the the overload message. Only thing i can think of is that i travelled with it in checked in luggage but made sure i used the clamp, Gimbal Cover and Carry Case. I didnt have any issues on the outbound journey, it worked fine once i got there, not sure what could have happened on the return
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MRAF FAF Posted at 8-19 13:45
i have tried to perform a Gimbal calibration but it never gets past 5%. I am also on the latest firmware

Thank you for the update you have given MRAF FAF. Since the gimbal calibration is not pushing through I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. Thank for your understanding and for your support.
2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that same issue with my Mavic Pro and DJI is addressing it...Contact Support.
2019-8-20
Use props
slimharry
First Officer
Flight distance : 720446 ft

133 USD to repair the same error. Did abosuletly nothing. I find it absurd to pay for manufacter defect.

The drone worked perfectly fine, slept in the bag for a couple of months unused perfectly stored. Took it out for updates and the gimbal would display the same error.

Very dissapointed....
2019-9-7
Use props
Koelkop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22814806 ft

Probably the ribbon cable that got damaged somehow, thats what happened to mine after 300 flight hours.
2019-9-7
Use props
Greg Lacle
New
Flight distance : 146198 ft
Aruba

Guys, I can tell you that both the flat Ribbon cable and the other stranded cable are very static sensitive cable. Its so sensative, that if you walk and touching the camera, the static created by your walk, especially on certain floor surfaces with lots of static friction (like Carpet etc.) can damage your flat ribbon cable, causing this "Gymbal Motor Overload" - Error. I have two sets of Arm/Gimbal set for this purpose. Just change the Flat Ribbon Cable. For those ones who knows, This flat ribbon cable could be a big pain in the butt the first time you try to change it, but it has a way, plenty of Youtube instruction. It will about 2 hours to change it, if you are doing it for the first time. If you are a true fan, get another Gymbal arm set. And another note, Buy Good Flat Ribbon cable with the two sided tape, because believe, do not try to go cheap on buy aftermarket cheap flat ribbon cable, its not worthed, you will end up buying the better one either way. These two cables, the flat ribbon and the stranded cable are the most important Artery of your Drone. Treat your Camera Gymbal with lots of care, and avoid touching it, if you don't need to, especially walking etc. Good Luck.
2021-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules