Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Maxing gain for night shots?
417 5 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

My understanding of gain is how well it sticks to getting hit by winds.  If you max everything out to 120% it should be more stable.  The only issue I would have is overloading the computer and it overheating, potentially failing, and crashing to the ground.

Gain with all RC flight controls, if you make it too high it will oscillate.  That is when you dial it back down.

Is it possible for DJI to max the gain while it's doing automatic panos then it switches off when you stop shooting?  Also, when you have high winds land ASAP, is it better to lower or max the gain?

If you are doing long hyperlapses, the movements become apparent.  If you max the gains it should be more rocksolid?  I just get worried the ESCs, mainboard, and/or motors would overload quicker eventually resulting in a crash.

I should just run a test tonight to see.

edit: 120% gain produces better images.  I've made another thread.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=196345&page=1&extra=#pid1937017
2019-8-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing Ant
2019-8-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Ive noticed when shooting hyperlases that sometimes it looks like the drone bumps slightly,  from what I understand increasing the gain should help with that?
2019-8-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-20 01:19
Ive noticed when shooting hyperlases that sometimes it looks like the drone bumps slightly,  from what I understand increasing the gain should help with that?

I haven't tested it yet to know but the attitude angles with a higher gain were significantly less in high wind.  The only issue with 120% vs 80% is the fact it will vibrate more when coming to a stop.
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for sharing this information. I will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for further development of DJI. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now