Cant re-encode long 4K MOV files from DJI GO.
618 1 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AKIRAx77
lvl.1
Norway

I am having a REALLY hard time trying to work with videos I shot with DJI GO on my iPhone Xs using the DJI Osmo Mobile 2.

In hindsight I see I should have filmed in smaller chunks, but that dosent help me now. And the behaviour of the files are strange.

1. I have MOV files that are 10 - 15 minutes long. They are about 1.5 to 2.5 GB each. (4K, 30fps)
2. I used Photos on my MAC to transfer them. By syncing to an album. Via a USB cable. (Tried alot of other methods to PC and nothing else works. Its a nightmare trying to get a video file off my phone with this software.)
3. I then extracted them from the MASTER folder in OSx finder to put them on my LACIE HD.
4. If I view the MOV files in VLC, I can see its all there. Nothing is missing in the video.
BUT
5. If I try to re-encode them in Adobe Media Encoder or After Effects, the result is that at random places the video resets itself and starts over. So the re-encoded files are missing huge chunks of the original video.
6. Putting the video in an After Effects timeline and scrubbing has the same result. At some point as you scrub along, it resets iself and just shows the first frame.

I have worked with 4K footage before on these machines and thats been fine.

The ONLY fix or temporary sollution has been this:

In the DJI GO app make 5 minutes clip from the video, exporting that to the camer roll, and importing it to Apple Photos on the MAC. But this only gives me 1080p movies of the original 4K. And it takes forever!

Basically, what I am missing is a solid sureproof way of getting my large 4K video off the phone in one whole piece. This is turning into a disaster, and I have no clue why the MOV files are behaving like this. I can NOT do re-shoots. Are there any ideas on how to get good files off the phone? Or does anyone recognise the symptons and found a way to work with the files?

AKIRA
2019-8-19
Use props
AKIRAx77
lvl.1
Norway

I might have found a sollution in the software "Any Video Converter" for Windows. I have succesfully convertet one MOV file to MP4, with all its contents intact. Carefully optimistic.
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules