DJI OSMO 3 Wont Stay Connected
2949 9 2019-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bwpage3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2687 ft
United States

I have the DJI OSMO 3 and it will not stay connected to DJI Mimo. Connects for like 2 seconds then the phone screen goes blank and back to the DJI screen? Phone is Samsung J7

2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day bwpage3. I am sorry for the trouble. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the Samsung J7 on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is still not yet recommended for your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the Samsung J7 will be able to work with the said gimbal. However, since it is not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of these mobile devices when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

2019-8-20
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-20 07:59
Hello and good day bwpage3. I am sorry for the trouble. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the Samsung J7 on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is still not yet recommended for your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the Samsung J7 will be able to work with the said gimbal. However, since it is not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of these mobile devices when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

I own an iPhone that will work with it, but I think Samsung support would be super helpful for Android users because Samsung’s are very popular phones in the US. It would be a smart move on DJI’s part to provide Samsung compatibility.
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

pianoplayer7 Posted at 8-20 11:15
I own an iPhone that will work with it, but I think Samsung support would be super helpful for Android users because Samsung’s are very popular phones in the US. It would be a smart move on DJI’s part to provide Samsung compatibility.

Hello and good day pianoplayer7. Thank you for this given information. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are doing there best  in testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and for your support.
2019-8-20
Use props
bwpage3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2687 ft
United States

Just found out from tech support that the OSMO 3 will only support a handful of phones and mine isnt one of them
2019-8-20
Use props
Joseph Buck
New

United States

bwpage3@gmail.c Posted at 8-20 14:42
Just found out from tech support that the OSMO 3 will only support a handful of phones and mine isnt one of them

Do you have a list of the compatible phones or know where I can find it? I’m having issues with my iPhone X. I would think it would be supported, but at this point, maybe it isn’t?
2019-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Joseph Buck Posted at 8-21 05:45
Do you have a list of the compatible phones or know where I can find it? I’m having issues with my iPhone X. I would think it would be supported, but at this point, maybe it isn’t?

Hi Joseph, you may check the compatibility list here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
May I have more details of issues do you refer to? We'd like to help.
2019-8-21
Use props
djiuser_xvxWcG65eA2S
New

I have a samsung s10 5g and the activation does not work at all. I get an activation failed error. I also tried the dji go app. What else can I do?
2019-9-3
Use props
DJi Danny
New

i have just purchased a Osmo Mobile 3 combo, i have a samsung s9, the app will not work with my phone, i tried the app on a colleagues I phone X it worked fine, did you have to upgrade your software on your Samsung
2019-9-3
Use props
I have the exact same problem. The OSMO 3 works on my wife's S8, but not my J7 Pro. When does DJI expect to have a fix for the J7 Pro?
2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules